The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

Funny quote from Kamala's dad... he didn't appreciate her joke although it was likely a good move politically to be more relatable. I would think the amount of young people using cannabis (at least trying it) must be over 50% now

Ms Harris caused controversy last year when she admitted to smoking cannabis when she was younger.

"Half my family's from Jamaica. Are you kidding me?" she told The Breakfast Club radio show.

While the statement would have made some warm to Ms Harris, who was then one of the front-runners to be the Democratic nominee, it angered one Jamaican in particular - her father.

Donald J. Harris, the emeritus professor of economics at Stanford University, said that his deceased grandparents and parents "must be turning in their grave" to see the family name and Jamaican identity "being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics".

3 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Funny quote from Kamala's dad... he didn't appreciate her joke although it was likely a good move politically to be more relatable. I would think the amount of young people using cannabis (at least trying it) must be over 50% now

Meh. Lighten up, Pops.....it was a joke....:rolleyes:

Strange though....my experience is that Professors of Economics are real comedy buffs....B)

• Cheers 2

Full credit to Sarah Palin (never thought I'd ever utter those words.....) for the attached quotes regarding Biden's VP pick.  Pretty much classy and without that MAGA **** and / or name calling.  Well done (again, more words I never thought I'd use in the same sentence with Palin lol).   Gives one hope at least (as the US government was built of compromise).

palin.png

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Full credit to Sarah Palin (never thought I'd ever utter those words.....) for the attached quotes regarding Biden's VP pick.  Pretty much classy and without that MAGA **** and / or name calling.  Well done (again, more words I never thought I'd use in the same sentence with Palin lol).

palin.png

Only thing she forgot is to mention is "Remember: South Korea good....North Korea bad".....

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Harris sounded good today. Game on. 

Could you imagine incumbent VPs had to debate the potential new VP as well.

Pence v Harris would be amazing to see.

Pence has been essentially non existent throughout the entire Trumpanzee years.  Biden as VP was incredibly public, in your face and forward regarding initiatives.

Pence would be slaughtered by Harris

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Pence has been essentially non existent throughout the entire Trumpanzee years.  Biden as VP was incredibly public, in your face and forward regarding initiatives.

You shut your dirty libtard mouth. Who else is going to deliver empty boxes of ppe for photo ops and walk out of football games? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

You shut your dirty libtard mouth. Who else is going to deliver empty boxes of ppe for photo ops and walk out of football games? 

Why...Trump can throw them like paper towels to pseudo Americans in a post hurricane world of course

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

2 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Well, get your popcorn ready then.  Set your calendar. 

https://debate2020.utah.edu/

Stage is set for vice presidential debate October 7, 2020

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joseph Biden has selected Senator Kamala Harris of California as his vice-presidential running mate. Harris will debate Vice President Mike Pence at the University of Utah's Kingsbury Hall on October 7, 2020.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Funny I was thinking the same thing. 

image.thumb.png.086ad5b15e8fee6c435df1ae855a3f88.png

Meh, kind of a non story.

And I think Harris would probably stand by that “I believe them” statement, even today.

I mean, even Biden himself believed them, took responsibility, apologized, and vowed to be more respectful of people’s personal space in the future.

It would maybe be a different story if Harris had said she “believed” Tara Reade.

But when it comes to Reade, Harris

said that she “has a right to tell her story. And I believe that and I believe Joe Biden believes that, too. Women must be able to speak without fear of retaliation.”

However, she also said that she could “only speak to the Joe Biden I know. He’s been a lifelong fighter, in terms of stopping violence against women.  The Joe Biden I know is somebody who really has fought for women and empowerment of women and for women’s equality and rights.”

I’m sure the Republicans will try to play all this up as some sort of inconsistency/flip flop, and Harris choosing politics and her own ambition over respecting women, but really, I’ve seen nothing that Harris has actually said about Joe Biden and women, whether as a bitter Primary rival or now as his VP pick, that runs counter to Team Biden’s own messaging and position on these issues.

• Cheers 4

12 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Funny I was thinking the same thing. 

image.thumb.png.086ad5b15e8fee6c435df1ae855a3f88.png

Holy yup.  That didn't age well at all.  No question in a large point of hypocritical irony the Republicans will point their fingers at this statement over and over ignoring what was said to and about Trump before the bootlicking began

11 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Fairly common for tunes to change from primaries to the general election.   Look at all the Republicans who had nothing but negative things to say about TRUMP, only to kiss his posterior.  Graham for one

Changing tunes on policy is one thing.  Flat out saying I believe the women claiming my running mate is a sexual predator and after years of fighting against predators I will accept this one is a bit if a long bomb to be changing a tune on

• Vintage 3