The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Botchford Passes Away

Rate this topic

Provost

Listened to the Patcast today & I thought Jeff truly did a wonderful job with it. I finally broke down listening to it.

I put my opinion out on here that I wasn't on board with some of Botch's takes, but I could never imagine feeling so united to his work. (now that the unthinkable has happened). I truly appreciate all that Botch brought.

Again, I hope even those who weren't a fan of Botch take 25 mins & listen to that last Patcast. A wonderful tribute from Jpat, at this incredibly difficult time.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
weren't*
  • Upvote 2

Going to miss his personality in the Canucks' coverage mix.  Loved the Provies/Athletties (joined the Athletic for the Athletties)

Really feel for his wife and young kids.  I have an 8 and 6 year old myself and that picture of them really makes me sad.

Donated to their Go Fund Me and encourage everyone here to do the same if you can.

RIP Botch.

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, EternalCanuckFan said:

Heart goes out to Botch's family.  Botch was so young and he clearly worked very hard to become a fixture in Vancouver sports media.  I appreciated Botch's ability to speak to both sides of a story, even if he generally tended towards a cynical approach to the narrative.  Botch also simply had an entertaining way of writing which, sadly, will no longer be available.

Classy of Torts to note Botch's passing in his presser.  I might be in the minority but I liked Torts and felt he didn't get a fair shot from management.  Torts does have a tendency to go off the deep end from time to time, but it's always out of his zeal for the game and passion to protect his players.  

Well said. 

Man I've been listening to all the tributes on 1040 and it's just so sad. It's hard not to tear up listening to them. It's cool to hear tributes from Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman as they were glowing in their praise for him. Looking at that family picture is tough knowing his kids will grow up without their dad. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wasn't a fan of his writing, but that was just his job. 48 is just way too young, condolences to his family, especially the kids.   

Wife and I were just discussing Botchford, especially about his wife and kids.