The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Botchford Passes Away

Rate this topic

Provost

:sadno: :picard: Huge fan of his work, his take downs of Andrew Walker will live on in infamy. No one in Vancouver sportswriting writes like Botch did.  Just the other day was looking forward to subscribing to the Athletic come September for the Provies-- er, Athleties.  Will be sorely missed.

48 is savage.

didnt like most of his work, but pretty meaningless on the grand scale. I’m sure if I had to produce content as often as he did my work wouldn’t always be great or positive either.

48 is brutal though manand his family robbed of a lot of time. 

Sad.

reminder not to waste our time. 

Really enjoyed his writing, even with his far-fetched takes on some of what was going on. He always seemed to bring in new information about the Canucks with every issue of the Provies/Athletties. This guy is invaluable and irreplaceable to the Canucks.

I owe a decent part of my Canucks fandom to Botch, he really got me excited about the team. And he is definitely the only reason I subscribed to the Athletics. Following the Canucks will never be the same without him. May you rest in peace, Jason. To me you'll be as big a part of the Canucks as any other person surrounding the team. 

• Like 1

say what you will about his style, but no journalist of any type has ever made the impact in vancouver that he did.

rip, botch, and thanks for everything you contributed to this market for the last 14 years. we'd all be far less informed and far less tuned in to the goings on of the canucks without you. 

• Cheers 1

Botch and Patterson talks about EP last yr.  

Warning, Botch throws lot of F bombs. 

This was in Mar with Pratt, defending the slump of EP, Bo and BB:

Edited by Jaimito
  • Upvote 1

Saw this early on when it was first posted and needed sometime to digest. By the responses (some almost apologetic) it’s obvious he was a polarizing figure.  In the we are all Canucks sense, I’m sure he was a big fan and wanted this team to do well.  He had a big voice in the community and it will be missed.   Condolences to the family and remember he did have a big voice and wasnt shy when it comes to the tough questions.  Just sad.  Way too young.  RIP.

• Like 2