The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Lucic says he would like to play here

On 650 Lucic was talking about playing here.

The obvious follow up article was would you take Lucic for Eriksson as a fresh start for both.

If there isn’t another plan for Eriksson this offseason (I feel like there might be after his bonus is paid), then I would totally do this move.

There is an off chance that Lucic can get lighter and faster kind of like Bertizzo did late in his career.  Even if he doesn’t, he fixes us something we need and Eriksson doesn’t.  That is worth the extra year of bad contract we would be taking on.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/milan-lucic-speculates-on-one-day-playing-for-vancouver-canucks-thats-definitely-something-i-wouldnt-rule-out/wcm/d3b0253b-1d28-4add-9145-ebe6a9873e3c?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1556744797

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1

Lucic is just trying to play the canucks like he did last time. He has no intention of ever playing here after what he and his family went through in 2011.

also wtf would the canucks want him unless it’s to play with LE on the most expensive, least productive line in history.

• Haha 1

To put it politely, certainly you jest. Lucic is done as a NHL proficient player. He can no longer contribute in the bigs and is grossly over paid. Thanks, but  the answer ought to be no, under any circumstances.

• Upvote 2

I'd do it, although Edmonton would have to throw in a pick to balance out the fact that Lucic's deal is one year longer then Louie's.  

2nd best fighter left in the league, former 30 goal scorer who lost all his foot speed (or the league got faster).  

I'd love to bet on Lucic with Louie's contract. 

31 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Honestly Eriksson is a more useful player at this point; Lucic is a liability, Eriksson isn't. I could see the value of having 2012 Lucic with Petey but the current Lucic doesn't have the speed to keep up with the game anymore, nor does he seem willing to drop the gloves or mix it up as much as he used to. Plus the extra year on the contract comes at a time where Canucks will be needing the 6M to put towards a contract for Q Hughes. What it boils down to for me is that I would rather have Eriksson on my team.

This. 

I mean if Eriksson is going the other way (or is otherwise moved elsewhere in a separate deal) AND there's some hella good sweetener for taking him on...maybe. Otherwise he and they can rot in cap hell IMO.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2