The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Lucic says he would like to play here

a lot depends on that ntc ...     if coilers sweeten with that 1st round pick or pool party , I would be happy .   

Wouldn't surprise me if he comes and is revitalized .  He could also be left for the expansion draft 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lulover88 said:

a lot depends on that ntc ...     if coilers sweeten with that 1st round pick or pool party , I would be happy .   

Wouldn't surprise me if he comes and is revitalized .  He could also be left for the expansion draft 

Lucic has a No Move Clause, and an extra year on his contract.  The Oilets would have to add a lot. 

• Upvote 1

the more i think about it, the more i am open to a Lucic/Eriksson swap. 

cause apparently if he waives his ntc, we wont have to protect him at the expansion draft. 

Eriksson just isn't emotionally invested in the team imo like just like Guddy. seeing him play for Sweden is like a totally different player than the one that plays for us.

both could use a change of scenery, he had back 2 back 50 point seasons not too long ago in 2016 and 2017. maybe playing for his hometown could re-ignite his passion and provide protection for our young guys.

McDavid has missed 2 games in 3 years with Lucic on the team. 

the Matheson hit and him not answering the bell when challenged still doesnt sit well with me. Lucic would've beaten his ass wether he liked it or not. 

Lucic + 8th or Pulju (wants out) for LE + Goldobin 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lucic has a No Move Clause, and an extra year on his contract.  The Oilets would have to add a lot. 

I had read somewhere that if he is moved , the ntc becomes negotiable .. i could be wrong 

19 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

the more i think about it, the more i am open to a Lucic/Eriksson swap. 

cause apparently if he waives his ntc, we wont have to protect him at the expansion draft. 

Eriksson just isn't emotionally invested in the team imo like just like Guddy. seeing him play for Sweden is like a totally different player than the one that plays for us.

both could use a change of scenery, he had back 2 back 50 point seasons not too long ago in 2016 and 2017. maybe playing for his hometown could re-ignite his passion and provide protection for our young guys.

McDavid has missed 2 games in 3 years with Lucic on the team. 

the Matheson hit and him not answering the bell when challenged still doesnt sit well with me. Lucic would've beaten his ass wether he liked it or not. 

Lucic + 8th or Pulju (wants out) for LE + Goldobin 

i had the exact same trade in mind

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

I had read somewhere that if he is moved , the ntc becomes negotiable .. i could be wrong 

Biech said that earlier, but he corrected himself later. Apparently the NMC isn't negotiable. We make this deal, and Lucic has to be protected. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/27/2019 at 2:53 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

assuming the deal means Luc waives that NMC for expansion, what would you really be OK with in return if Loui E is going the other way tho? 

I'm seeing more comments about people being OK with a player swap. 

If Lucic waives his NMC for a deal and it stays waived for the team picking him up, I doubt there will be much of a sweetner in a deal for Loui. Two older declining players with different skill sets and similar contracts except for the one extra year for Lucic.

Loui - can still skate a bit and is good defensively (and good at the little things :ph34r:)

Lucic - a big physical presence that is also good in front of the opposing net; at this point a 3rd or 4th liner same as Loui

I think that IF a Canuck / Oiler swap does take place, that at max the Canucks get a 4th round pick or so to make up for the extra year - I was thinking a 3rd but those picks sometimes turn out and might be a bit high.

If Pulju is worth about a 3rd now (I saw that either on here or another site) then maybe the Canucks could get Lucic and Pulju for Loui and a 4th. Although, normally teams don't want to trade former high picks in their own division in case it makes them look bad.....or maybe I just think that is true lol.

What do you all think?

Edit: I just saw the post about the NMC following the player. Can't a player still waive a NMC if they agree to it as part of their contract? I am pretty sure the answer is Yes. Just because Lucic would waive the clause to come to Vancouver in a Loui swap the NMC is still intact. However, if a player chooses to waive a NMC in a contract they can do that. So maybe the Canucks would just have to agree with Lucic that for the expansion a NMC would not protect him. It should be like any other part of a contract. If both parties agree to cancel the clause it is cancelled. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

1.  Eriksson for Lucic and Puljujarvi.  Edmonton gets another $6 million contract, but he can skate, is defensively repsonsible and can be exposed at years end.  Vancouver gets Puljujarvi and an anchor.

2.  Lucic and Puljujarvi for a 2nd.  Vancouver gets stuck with Lucic and Eriksson for a year, but can offer Seattle a small prize for taking him off our hands.  Still end up with Puljujarvi.

Pool Party screams pick me up and get me out of Edmonton.  Every player not named Yakupov from Edmonton has gone on to do great things.  Pool Party has not lost his passing, or his skating abilities.  Holland loves making trades just like I am suggesting, as evidenced by his history the last 3-4 years.

Sometimes....you have to eat dirt to get better, this could very well be one of those times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1