Sign in to follow this  
Provost

[Speculation] Lucic says he would like to play here

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm kind of scared though. Holland is like some slick, young playboy while JB is still a vulnerable, young hotty. One drink and JB will be giving it up for nothing. 

Edited by rekker
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'm kind of scared though. Holland is like some slick, young playboy while JB is still a vulnerable, young hotty. One drink and JB will be giving it up for nothing. 

The trade as rumoured would be really good for us... therefore I don’t  believe it.

17 minutes ago, rekker said:

With all due respect, have you seen the moves Holland made over the last 8 years?  Holland....is not Holland.

it's not like he's trading from a place where his assets played for years in the vaunted Detroit system of old

19 minutes ago, Provost said:

The trade as rumoured would be really good for us... therefore I don’t  believe it.

Hey Edmonton kind of owes as a solid.  Gagner is one of their best players.  

Edited by BCNeil

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

With all due respect, have you seen the moves Holland made over the last 8 years?  Holland....is not Holland.

it's not like he's trading from a place where his assets played for years in the vaunted Detroit system of old

Just horsing around and I agree. Check my comments in the Oilers hire Holland thread. Hollands overrated. More a play on JB's lack of experience vs Holland. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks for Tatar is impressive.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sampy said:

1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks for Tatar is impressive.

Meh. From the same GM that gave up Forsberg for Erat. McPhee shouldn't trade. 

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Meh. From the same GM that gave up Forsberg for Erat. McPhee shouldn't trade. 

Hahaha true..

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I’d do that in a heartbeat and the trade Eriksson with a pick to Arizona for future considerations.

Getter done Jim

• Hydration 1

It is highly unlikely Seattle will want to pick up Lucic or Eriksson in the expansion draft.  So, it is probably okay for them to waive their NMC to help facilitate a trade.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

It is highly unlikely Seattle will want to pick up Lucic or Eriksson in the expansion draft.  So, it is probably okay for them to waive their NMC to help facilitate a trade.

Loui doesn’t have a NMC.  Only Lucic has that.  That’s the stumbling block in any trade.  Milan must be protected.  Loui doesn’t.  That and Lucic’s extra year.  

These two reasons, plus Loui can still help a team, and Milan can’t, make for why the Oilers have to add a lot.  

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

This.

There's no way in hell either player gets taken in an expansion draft. So if Lucic really wants to come home, you'd think he'd understand and play ball. Eriksson only has a modified NTC starting in July so he doesn't need to be protected. 

If I'm Holland and I'm really considering attaching an asset like Puljujarvi to a Lucic deal and taking back Eriksson, I'm not going to do it before Eriksson's bonus is paid and I'd also want Goldobin coming with Eriksson. So that would be my guess if a trade is ever worked out.

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Loui doesn’t have a NMC.  Only Lucic has that.  That’s the stumbling block in any trade.  Milan must be protected.  Loui doesn’t.  That and Lucic’s extra year.  

These two reasons, plus Loui can still help a team, and Milan can’t, make for why the Oilers have to add a lot.  

"Players with no-movement clauses at the time of the draft, and who decline to waive those clauses, must be protected by their teams."

So it looks like Lucic can waive. Why would Seattle want him?

Lucic has only managed decent numbers in Edmonton playing with McJesus.  A pylon could put up numbers playing with that guy. Offensively, he is now no better than your average 4th liner.

Eriksson hasn't gelled with anybody very well as of yet.  But if he finds chemistry, I feel he has the small potential of making a bit of a comeback.  Even as it stands, despite LE's disappointing scoring in relation to his salary, he is still a player that contributes and his numbers are far better than that of Lucic.

Add to that the fact Lucic has an extra year, plus the low cash price of LE in his final years, and there is no doubt we should be getting a sweetener if this deal was to occur. 

I also wouldn't do it unless Lucic allows us to leave him unprotected.  He has to know Seattle would have no interest. He could still have a clause that we wouldnt send him to the minors.

4 hours ago, Provost said:

What's the rumor?  That drunk dial of a tweet?

tbh if Edmonton added a nice sweetener i wouldn't hate it 

Edited by VanNucks1

14 hours ago, shiznak said:

I don’t see how there’s a problem from Lucic taking up a protection spot.

I get what you're saying but it does reduce your flexibility. What if we land some key UFA's/trades that need protecting after get him? What if we could trade for a solid forward from a team that won't be able to protect them, for cheap but wouldn't be able to because Lucic is going that slot?

If he's coming here, the clause needs to be waived IMO.