Sign in to follow this  
Provost

[Speculation] Lucic says he would like to play here

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yep, brain fart on the Woo and Hughes front.

 

You are absolutely right about the goalies.  I had been mentioning that for a while suggesting it isn’t the worst thing if Demko ends up a trade chip to significantly upgrade somewhere else.  Goalies will have less value the closer we come to expansion, as many teams will have more than they can protect.  

Not opposed to trading Demko (assuming the return is good enough) but I'd prefer we take the same route TBL did and keep the younger guy with the higher ceiling. 

 

People don't like to hear it but with Marky's contract expiring this year, a decision is likely going to need to be made sooner than later. And agreed on getting more value the further we are out from the ED.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Neither Hughes or Woo will be eligible FWIW. Stecher, Juolevi and Tryamkin (if he returns), as well as Hutton (though I personally don't see him still here at that point) and any potential UFA/trade we make in the interim.

 

As of now (unless we trade one), we're almost certainly losing a goalie. I'd rather we shape that to exposing as 3rd/4th line F personally.

Woo probably won't be but wouldn't Hughes have to be protected? He will have played 2 full seasons when the draft is held.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Woo probably won't be but wouldn't Hughes have to be protected? He will have played 2 full seasons when the draft is held.

Nope. He had to play 10+ games this season to be eligible. He did not.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What worries me about a Eriksson/Lucic trade is what happens if the former bounce back to his previous Boston form playing with McDavid.  Maybe, we should have a conditional draft pick included just in case such a scenario happen like if he perform better we get a higher or additional pick(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

What worries me about a Eriksson/Lucic trade is what happens if the former bounce back to his previous Boston form playing with McDavid.  Maybe, we should have a conditional draft pick included just in case such a scenario happen like if he perform better we get a higher or additional pick(s).

Don't worry bro, I have a crystal ball and I've seen into the future. Eriksson still sucks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Lucic agrees to waive his NMC 4 the expansion draft, lets do it. Add Benson, Bear or Puljujarvi & swap picks if we can.

 

I dont want to see Eriksson on the Canycks next season. Worst case send him to Utica but I cant take watching another year of Eriksson.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

What worries me about a Eriksson/Lucic trade is what happens if the former bounce back to his previous Boston form playing with McDavid.  Maybe, we should have a conditional draft pick included just in case such a scenario happen like if he perform better we get a higher or additional pick(s).

Does Edmonton get this too?  If Lucic does well?  I assume not right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there is even a point in doing this trade if we’re not getting one of their better prospects?

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Is there is even a point in doing this trade if we’re not getting one of their better prospects?

Unequivocally no.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pears said:

Is there is even a point in doing this trade if we’re not getting one of their better prospects?

None at all... The most i can see them offering is one of their lesser known (buried) prospects or a late round pick with Lucic for LE. 

 

PJ will also take a helluva lot more than Goldy or even a Sutter to get as well so no there wont be a Lucic+PJ for Goldy+LE

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

None at all... The most i can see them offering is one of their lesser known (buried) prospects or a late round pick with Lucic for LE. 

 

PJ will also take a helluva lot more than Goldy or even a Sutter to get as well so no there wont be a Lucic+PJ for Goldy+LE

I’d do Benson or Yamamoto if Puljujarvi or the 8th pick are off the table. People laughing at us expecting one of their top prospects don’t know how bad Lucic’s contract is or how it will affect our plans a couple years down the road. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Does Edmonton get this too?  If Lucic does well?  I assume not right?

Why I are you trying to help Edmonton?  I thought you are on our side.  Your name is BCNeil isn't it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pears said:

I’d do Benson or Yamamoto if Puljujarvi or the 8th pick are off the table. People laughing at us expecting one of their top prospects don’t know how bad Lucic’s contract is or how it will affect our plans a couple years down the road. 

Yamamoto would be intriguing for sure. That said if we are sending back LE then that definitely limits what we would get back in addition to Lucic imo. Both contracts (while Lucic's is a bit worse) are bad and I dont think the difference between them is as wide as a PJ or 8th overall. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

None at all... The most i can see them offering is one of their lesser known (buried) prospects or a late round pick with Lucic for LE. 

 

PJ will also take a helluva lot more than Goldy or even a Sutter to get as well so no there wont be a Lucic+PJ for Goldy+LE

Fair enough if that's the way they see it. Good luck to them. Take it or leave it is all Holland is gonna see. We aren't the desperate team, they are. They are one, maybe two years from McDavid saying get me out of here. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCoastDave said:

What worries me about a Eriksson/Lucic trade is what happens if the former bounce back to his previous Boston form playing with McDavid.  Maybe, we should have a conditional draft pick included just in case such a scenario happen like if he perform better we get a higher or additional pick(s).

Well.... that's the basis of a trade like this. Both teams hoping their new players rebound under  new circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

Why I are you trying to help Edmonton?  I thought you are on our side.  Your name is BCNeil isn't it?

 

I'm into common sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rekker said:

Fair enough if that's the way they see it. Good luck to them. Take it or leave it is all Holland is gonna see. We aren't the desperate team, they are. They are one, maybe two years from McDavid saying get me out of here. 

Absolutely! I would not do the deal straight up ( or with minor add) for LE.. While they are different players it is too lateral a move imo and may even make us worse off. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Benning. Seems like an honest hard working guy. His presser today was well done I thought, he’s definitely gotten more comfortable in front of the camera. 

But if these awful rumours are true, and he trades for Lucic there better be a lot more then just a little sweetener coming back, better be more like a sugar rush coming back if we are taking on a NMC for the expansion draft. Taking Lucic for Erickson without a major add would kill all the good will Benning has made in the last 2 seasons/drafts. I think I’m just giving into the hysteria and I’m being paranoid. I honestly don’t think this happens, unless Lucic can waive his NMC for the expansion draft. Plus Erickson isn’t going to want to play in Edmonton lol! If pigs do fly and this happen, and we lose a guy like Tony Stretcher cause of this, I’ll lose my mind.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I really like Benning. Seems like an honest hard working guy. His presser today was well done I thought, he’s definitely gotten more comfortable in front of the camera. 

But if these awful rumours are true, and he trades for Lucic there better be a lot more then just a little sweetener coming back, better be more like a sugar rush coming back if we are taking on a NMC for the expansion draft. Taking Lucic for Erickson without a major add would kill all the good will Benning has made in the last 2 seasons/drafts. I think I’m just giving into the hysteria and I’m being paranoid. I honestly don’t think this happens, unless Lucic can waive his NMC for the expansion draft. Plus Erickson isn’t going to want to play in Edmonton lol! If pigs do fly and this happen, and we lose a guy like Tony Stretcher cause of this, I’ll lose my mind.

Lol. An extra large Coke slurpee with chocolate ice cream and fudge on top kind of sweetener. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I really like Benning. Seems like an honest hard working guy. His presser today was well done I thought, he’s definitely gotten more comfortable in front of the camera. 

But if these awful rumours are true, and he trades for Lucic there better be a lot more then just a little sweetener coming back, better be more like a sugar rush coming back if we are taking on a NMC for the expansion draft. Taking Lucic for Erickson without a major add would kill all the good will Benning has made in the last 2 seasons/drafts. I think I’m just giving into the hysteria and I’m being paranoid. I honestly don’t think this happens, unless Lucic can waive his NMC for the expansion draft. Plus Erickson isn’t going to want to play in Edmonton lol! If pigs do fly and this happen, and we lose a guy like Tony Stretcher cause of this, I’ll lose my mind.

Yeah. Better be a sweetener. I say Draisaitl and a share in Oil money and also like, McDavid can’t wear skates, plus five first rounders because...

 

..like...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.