The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Lucic says he would like to play here

10 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Oh boy. Not even into the dog days of summer and some posters have lost their sh&^ lol.

We are not getting Lucic, pulju, the 8th, their 2nd for ericksson and some garbage.

Haha. :frantic:

With some, it’s pillage the other franchise or no deal is worth it.

Spectacular really...

• Like 1

Realistically, the best I think the Canucks could do is get Lucic and a 2nd rounder for Ericksson and a 4th. Assuming Lucic would agree to waive the NMC for the ED I would probably take it.

The extra toughness in the roster (7th in the NHL in hits at 259) plus a high 2nd (when we know JB can draft well) would be good considering we don't need the cap space right now.

Just an FYI.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Between trustworthy players (Ericsson) and physical players (lucic) of about the same value...  I’d say Lucic is the better fit.  Lucic could mesh well with Horvat and Pearson imo. 

So one of Pearson or Lucic would play on their off side as the two are LW. However, I do agree that Lucic is a better fit for the Canucks than Eriksson who just... isn’t.

Lucic

Virtanen

Schenn

Myers (?)

Starting to be a lot of beef to play against.

Edited by Me_

14 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Realistically, the best I think the Canucks could do is get Lucic and a 2nd rounder for Ericksson and a 4th. Assuming Lucic would agree to waive the NMC for the ED I would probably take it.

The extra toughness in the roster (7th in the NHL in hits at 259) plus a high 2nd (when we know JB can draft well) would be good considering we don't need the cap space right now.

Just an FYI.

If that is what JB is thinking I got to think it happens before LE's bonus gets paid July 1st. That's one expensive second rounder. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Me_ said:

So one of Pearson or Lucic would play on their off side as the two are LW. However, I do agree that Lucic is a better fit for the Canucks than Eriksson who just... isn’t.

Lucic

Virtanen

Schenn

Myers (?)

Myers ain’t beefy in any shape or form. 

42 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Just an FYI.

Anchor contract for more term than LE for a 2nd is NOT worth it.  Keep LE and the buyout if that is the case.  Do not saddle the Canucks with the Oilers mistakes.  It is like saying "sure, kick me in the nuts for a toonie"

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Between trustworthy players (Ericsson) and physical players (lucic) of about the same value...  I’d say Lucic is the better fit.  Lucic could mesh well with Horvat and Pearson imo. 

A better fit on the 4th line? Looch isn't a top 6 forward.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Screw said:

Anchor contract for more term than LE for a 2nd is NOT worth it.  Keep LE and the buyout if that is the case.  Do not saddle the Canucks with the Oilers mistakes.  It is like saying "sure, kick me in the nuts for a toonie"

sadly I don't think it would take you long to find a taker for that offer..... 

54 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Just an FYI.

but on the trade front, would anyone think taking on Loui + Lind would be a great deal? probably not. 

The Oilers are in a place of ZERO leverage. None. Less than none really given they can't even buy Lucic out and make it worthwhile. And Lucic has made his preferred destination public. There's no reason to take him for anything less than the 8th oa, or a prospect like Bouchard. If thats too steep then great, enjoy the next 4 years and losing a F to Seattle too. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, babalu said:

A better fit on the 4th line? Looch isn't a top 6 forward.

He’s not really an NHL player at all anymore.  I kind of like that the Oilers must us a roster spot on him.  At least we can send Loui to Utica. 

14 hours ago, shiznak said:

As for Stecher, he’s a great character guy, who can fill-in when need be, but I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he were exposed to the draft and got picked up by Seattle

I think you're severely underrating Stetcher and his worth to this team.

Severely. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think you're severely underrating Stetcher and his worth to this team.

Severely. 

Stecher is an okay player, but he needs to start putting up points to be more than just a placeholder.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stecher is an okay player, but he needs to start putting up points to be more than just a placeholder.  

His points are adequate for what he is and what he's getting paid. More than that, he's still just 25, has very good underlying numbers, was our 2nd highest scoring defenseman, is one of the only Dmen we have that can play with an edge (despite his size), and had the best plus/minus of anyone on the team last season.  Not to mention how much of a rock he was when both Tanev and Edler were injured and he was playing damn near half an hour a night. He's more than "just a placeholder".

I'm willing to die on this hill. Push at your own risk. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

His points are adequate for what he is and what he's getting paid. More than that, he's still just 25, has very good underlying numbers, was our 2nd highest scoring defenseman, is one of the only Dmen we have that can play with an edge (despite his size), and had the best plus/minus of anyone on the team last season.  Not to mention how much of a rock he was when both Tanev and Edler were injured and he was playing damn near half an hour a night. He's more than "just a placeholder".

I'm willing to die on this hill. Push at your own risk. 

And he’s cute as a bug. 

F758B15F-3B6E-4078-A31A-A73E8E78E0C0.jpeg

3 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I really like Benning. Seems like an honest hard working guy. His presser today was well done I thought, he’s definitely gotten more comfortable in front of the camera. 

But if these awful rumours are true, and he trades for Lucic there better be a lot more then just a little sweetener coming back, better be more like a sugar rush coming back if we are taking on a NMC for the expansion draft. Taking Lucic for Erickson without a major add would kill all the good will Benning has made in the last 2 seasons/drafts. I think I’m just giving into the hysteria and I’m being paranoid. I honestly don’t think this happens, unless Lucic can waive his NMC for the expansion draft. Plus Erickson isn’t going to want to play in Edmonton lol! If pigs do fly and this happen, and we lose a guy like Tony Stretcher cause of this, I’ll lose my mind.

Stecher is a D.  Teams can protect 7F + 3Ds or 8 skaters (eg 4F + 4Ds) if they prefer to protect more than 3 Ds.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Lucic

Virtanen

Schenn

Myers (?)

Virtanen very rarely uses his size so he is irrelevant to that list. Same can be said for Myers. He is a gentle giant 95% of the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

There's no reason to take him for anything less than the 8th oa, or a prospect like Bouchard. If thats too steep then great, enjoy the next 4 years and losing a F to Seattle too. 

People seem to just not get it. We have all the leverage. They have none.

There's ZERO reason to do this deal for a 'fair' price. We don't need Lucic in ANY way. There's more advantage to us to let him rot there and weigh them down with cap and slow skating and eating an ED spot vs taking some middling pick etc to HELP THEM OUT.

They're a freaking division rival for crying out loud. They either pay up and suffer or keep him...and suffer. Their choice. In no way should we be doing them a favor.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 3