The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Lucic says he would like to play here

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Lucic hasn't demanded a trade out either and if I were in their shoes, I'd work with Lucic to see if we could get more out of him especially with a new coach. If they need cap space, there are less painful ways to do so.

Indeed, if they were smart they’d move RNH for a young dman with promise, maybe throw in a pick if they have to. Play Drasiatl as 2C as he should be. And try moving Sekera with retention. That would open up around 8-9 mil in cap space, solve a couple of issues for them and leave some money to sign a ufa and fill out their line up 

16 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Indeed, if they were smart they’d move RNH for a young dman with promise, maybe throw in a pick if they have to. Play Drasiatl as 2C as he should be. And try moving Sekera with retention. That would open up around 8-9 mil in cap space, solve a couple of issues for them and leave some money to sign a ufa and fill out their line up 

but they've  tried that, several times. They become far too easy to shut down. Hence the one scoring line. If they lose RNH too then they will have bled off their remaining F talent other than McD and LD. 

1 hour ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Last times any of these teams saw a Cup was 1989.

Lets team up and do this. However, the Pippet/ Eriksson connection may eliminate Calgary out of that equation.

image.jpeg.20e0a00bf66d3d8b8f85ea36b6b38a6b.jpeg

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I was under the impression that a chance to play with McDavid was the deciding factor, and that he felt Edmonton would be contenders the year he signed.

It was....and he did.

Lucic did not take into account the "Exploding Coiler" factor though.  

image.jpeg.0c7fcf20702ed973a842c8b7225e681b.jpeg    ......here you go folks......"Exploding Coiler"!!!  

Before the Oilers signed Lucic the whole team were all like.....image.jpeg.20e0a00bf66d3d8b8f85ea36b6b38a6b.jpeg"

......and then suddenly the cup turned into just one more "Exploding Coiler".

Curtesy of all those 'alumni' Oilers running the team for 20 years.  Haha..you couldn't make this stuff up!!!  :lol:

Edited by Kanukfanatic

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

chances are nothing happens, but Edmonton has to do something.

Yes giving us the 8th oa is steep, but look at it this way: they give up a player that likely doesn't make an impact on their roster for 2-3 years, shed Lucic, create cap space for renewal.

Or, miss the playoffs again.

They are also running with a KHL goalie as their #1. It has train wreck written all over it. If Holland stands pat and does nothing they'll be calling for him to be fired too a year from now.

Jim should offer our 4th for Lucic and the 8th oa and Holland should feel lucky to have it. 

This simply won't happen. But keep on keepin on with that silly narrative. It is as stupid as Loui E "walking away" from 13 million haha.

:picard:

I wonder is EDM would consider coughing up Yamamoto for a lesser prospect to sweeten the deal? Maybe Lind or Jasek. Might look good on Horvat's wing in a year or two.

To Vancouver

Milan Lucic (assuming he agrees to waive his NMC for the expansion draft)

Kailer Yamamoto

To Edmonton

Louis Eriksson

Lukas Jasek/Kole Lind

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

22 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sadly I don't think it would take you long to find a taker for that offer..... 

but on the trade front, would anyone think taking on Loui + Lind would be a great deal? probably not. 

The Oilers are in a place of ZERO leverage. None. Less than none really given they can't even buy Lucic out and make it worthwhile. And Lucic has made his preferred destination public. There's no reason to take him for anything less than the 8th oa, or a prospect like Bouchard. If thats too steep then great, enjoy the next 4 years and losing a F to Seattle too. 

Why do you keep saying the oilers have no leverage? They simply don't have to trade Lucic. Sheesh.

25 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This simply won't happen. But keep on keepin on with that silly narrative. It is as stupid as Loui E "walking away" from 13 million haha.

:picard:

meh, you're a negative ninny. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

meh, you're a negative ninny. 

Hey...I am all for dreaming.  But we are kinda trying to be somewhat realistic here so I just can't go along with the crazy talk lol.

Edit: in fact...I am dreaming right now about winning that $65 million max lotto tonight.....Yea I know it won't happen cuz of those dumb 28 million to 1 odds...but I will keep dreaming lol.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wonder is EDM would consider coughing up Yamamoto for a lesser prospect to sweeten the deal? Maybe Lind or Jasek. Might look good on Horvat's wing in a year or two.

To Vancouver

Milan Lucic (assuming he agrees to waive his NMC for the expansion draft)

Kailer Yamamoto

To Edmonton

Louis Eriksson

Lukas Jasek/Kole Lind

Is Yamamoto really that much better than Lind/Jasek? He was drafted 11 spots earlier in the 2017 draft but he hasn't really done much at the pro level. I know Kole didn't have a strong rookie campaign but the difference between him and Yamamoto isn't worth that extra year of Lucic IMO.

18 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Is Yamamoto really that much better than Lind/Jasek? He was drafted 11 spots earlier in the 2017 draft but he hasn't really done much at the pro level. I know Kole didn't have a strong rookie campaign but the difference between him and Yamamoto isn't worth that extra year of Lucic IMO.

Maybe, maybe not, but EDM still has to accept the deal as well. It's obvious that the Oilers have been trying to throw him into the lineup to early, so I don't think it's fair to judge him solely based on how he's performed in the NHL. He put up pretty solid numbers in his first season in the AHL tho (18 points in 27 games). To me, the more significant worry is his diminutive size, but he'd still be an upgrade on someone like Lind in the pool.

If Yamamoto doesn't tickle your fancy,  Ethan Bear, Tyler Benson or Cooper Marody could also be potential targets.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Since this is all about fresh starts... 

Eriksson 

Goldobin

Lucic 

Puljujarvi 

2nd round pick 

No less than a 3rd.

This may be the right deal at the right time.

The 2nd is the extra year. Love it.

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Boeser Pettersson sniping precision goals around Lucic wrecking havoc in the blue paint and if that doesn’t work, Schenn just hit someone on the boards and Hughes has the puck.

or was it Juolevi or even Woo because they earned it but also have a safe working environment to thrive on.

There goes a thundering hit by Virtanen.

Ouuuu. Demko saves and Tryamkin just bulldozes Getzlaf again. They have some history there. 

AND HERE’S PULJUJARVI SHOOTSS!

OOOOANHORVATSCORESONTHEREBOUNND!!!

So I’m figuring from your post you’ll do:  Loui for Lucic and Poolparty? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Alflives said:

So I’m figuring from your post you’ll do:  Loui for Lucic and Poolparty? 

I believe acquiring Puljujarvi makes Puljujarvi AND Juolevi better and by a far margin.

As Benning knows how to draft them, Green knows how to develop them. 

They’re only 21 years old.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Provost said:

... and apparently Wayne Gretzky phone him personally and gave him the advice to sign in Edmonton and play with McDavid.

More money, term, better chance of winning, getting to play with the best player in the league, having the best player in the history of the league tell you what a great place it is to play in...

... you can’t blame Lucic at all for his decision.

Lol @ Edmonton being a better chance of winning.  He's set foot in Edmonton before the trade and new how much of a dump that hellhole of a city is.  Add in the fact that the Oilers are an AHL team with one poor generational talent stuck there until he's a UFA and can go to an actual NHL team, and it's laughable that any sane person would got to that joke of a franchise voluntarily.  I'm happy Lucic is as stupid as he is classless however.  He fits right in with the Oilers inbred fanbase.

• Wat 1