The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson's 'friction'

Rate this topic

Dr. J.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:06 AM, Timråfan said:

I think Jim Benning has said much worse to journos and people defend him and say he has the right to do so. Why should Loui shut up if so? 

I actually think Benning tends to be very diplomatic.  Overly so, perhaps.  If he even did call anyone out, you better believe it was someone under him rather than someone over him.  And that's fine.  It is when you start dissing management as a player that you get in hot water.  Or Benning dissing ownership.  Etc.

If LE was even on the mark with his comments then it might be more acceptable but him complaining about the coach and ice time when his play is so floaty and soft is ridiculous.  Play like even a partial former self and perhaps you get more ice time.  Pretty simple to me.

• Cheers 3

I think Green gave every chance possible to help Ericksson, putting him on different lines and saying to the press how Loui  does all the things he is asked of. he has never put Ericksson down and I don't think Benning has either. Ericksson really has no right to call out Green , what a sleazy thing to do!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

I actually think Benning tends to be very diplomatic.  Overly so, perhaps.  If he even did call anyone out, you better believe it was someone under him rather than someone over him.  And that's fine.  It is when you start dissing management as a player that you get in hot water.  Or Benning dissing ownership.  Etc.

You get a lot of brown noses over there I hear. 

:bigblush:

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2019 at 9:54 AM, Alflives said:

I know we are all down on Loui, but he really does do the little things (defensively all over the ice) very well.  Younger developing players, like Jake, can watch and learn the defensive game from guys like Loui.  

When a player like LE is lazy he can't provide leadership.  I think he dogs it most nights and that's why he needs to go. 

14 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

When a player like LE is lazy he can't provide leadership.  I think he dogs it most nights and that's why he needs to go. 

Can you tell me how he dogs it and why you don't think Green wants him to play exactly as he does? 

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

He was brought into score and he doesn't score, so he's lazy!!!

Every NHL was assembled to win the Stanley Cup.   Every team that doesn't win is clearly lazy?    Trudeau was elected to govern your country properly....so he's lazy too?   

19789999.jpg

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Every NHL was assembled to win the Stanley Cup.   Every team that doesn't win is clearly lazy?    Trudeau was elected to govern your country properly....so he's lazy too?   

Sarcasm is hard to convey sometimes.

1 minute ago, Bure2Win said:

Time to get him out of there, he's being paid huge money to be a goal score not just "do the little things right".......Sigh

Little things Loui does well:  tying his skates. taping his sticks. CASHING HIS CHECKS.  

• Upvote 1

On May 13, 2019 at 7:27 PM, Schmautzie said:

Eriksson has actually shown some chemistry with Pettersson at the World Championships in Slovakia.

Can anyone remember if Green gave those two any significant icetime together last   season?

Green used Loui where and how he did because Loui can play anywhere and do most things. If he was gifted the ice and opportunities others were he likely would have had more results on the stat sheets. Kudos to Loui for doing whatever the coach asked him to. 

I don't blame him for being a bit salty about it, but also kudos to him for never complaining about anything during the season and just putting his head down and going to work. The only wind anyone got of those feelings was after the season from a translated Swedish interview (which have been loosely translated in the past)

hoping for success in his future, here or elsewhere. Guy is a  consummate pro

4 hours ago, stawns said:

how is he lazy?

Last year when he scored two goals against Boston it was noticable to me he had a higher compete level in that game. Since then I've pàid more attention to specifically watching him and I just think he could put in a better effort 

If a player loses a step or there hands because of age then I guess it's tough to criticize. But if it's an effort thing then they deserve it. 

Lou gets alot of money for what he does.  Should be 100% every night. And it isn't . 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Nice! Didn’t realize it. 

He needs to go. 

Yup.  Send him to Utica.  He still gets his money, but we save 1 million on the cap and he has to ride buses, share hotel rooms, and eat at third rate diners.  No more NHL life.

• Upvote 2