The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Bruins win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2019 at 07:00 PM

5 hours ago, Trebreh said:

yep its fixed. i didn't watch the game but my friend did and was so angry at the calls too. 

the league wants a Boston (big market) vs SJ (California market) finals. 

I want STL to win the cup. If there is another franchise other than us that deserves it, it's them. 3 cup final appearances, 0 cups for both teams. Probably the most cup appearances without a cup.

But yeah, the league definitely wants Boston in there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, khay said:

I want STL to win the cup. If there is another franchise other than us that deserves it, it's them. 3 cup final appearances, 0 cups for both teams. Probably the most cup appearances without a cup.

ill agree that i would be totally stoked if the blues won the cup, but theres 3 guys on the sharks team who i think really deserve that cup, and thats karlsson, kane and pavelski and they've got some young, respectable guys on that team

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pears said:

Everyone who isn’t a Sharks or Bruins fan should boycott the SCF if that is indeed the match up. The officiating is beyond disgraceful at this point and fans need to take a stand in some way if they want a change

Anyone else miss these guys?

Andy Van Hellemond, Don Koharski, Kerry Fraser

If we only knew then, what we know now.  :(

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, khay said:

Does it count that in 1968, 1969, 1970 they only had to be the best of the 6 expansion teams to get to the Stanley Cup finals? 

Mind you it's where Scotty Bowman got his start as a head coach, replacing Lynn Patrick. Al Arbour was still a player at the time. 

Arbour coached St. Louis for a year. Then the expansion New York Islanders hired him as a coach. The rest was history. 

• Cheers 1

That cross check that wasn't called then a Hurricane penalty called instead? So bush league.

Not that I care for either team, they can both go kick rocks. But that call/non-call was everything wrong with the game. 

In a f#%ing nutshell.

Without neutral officiating the post season is a Bettman parade. I didn't think one man could ruin the integrity of the game so much (including the lottery).

He has to go. The game stinks ...

..but I love the game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, rekker said:

Most rinks have a pretty girl or two sitting behind the benches. Never, ever seen that in Boston.

Don't know what you're talking about....

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0b8176389cb36152b005f4dd4166e9a0.png

Couple of classy Beantown girls right there.....

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2019 at 6:13 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Anyone else miss these guys?

Andy Van Hellemond, Don Koharski, Kerry Fraser

If we only knew then, what we know now.  :(

They all sucked.

Paved the way for yet another generation of interventionist, game-wreckers/"managers".

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, oldnews said:

They all sucked.

Paved the way for yet another generation of interventionist, game-wreckers/"managers".

Can't call a penalty here it might affect the game. Oops they scored because of my missed call better call a bad penalty to make up for it... :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

And another uncalled (tripping) penalty leads to an odd man rush and yet another Boston goal. 3 - 0.  

The Hockey Gods, both up there, and those that think they are Gods, in New York, have decided who is winning this. Might as well just wait until this series is over and its Boston vs San Jose, where at least it might be a 50/50 fight between the God's, from either domain, and may balance out.