The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Bruins win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2019 at 07:00 PM

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Get over 2011 they're nowhere near what they used to be. 

Still doesn't mean they're respectable.   Backes, McAvoy, and Debrusk all have fit right in with their gutless cheapshots.  When you build a culture where it's ok to disgrace the sport on a nightly basis with dirty play, it perpetuates the problem.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Still doesn't mean they're respectable.   Backes, McAvoy, and Debrusk all have fit right in with their gutless cheapshots.  When you build a culture where it's ok to disgrace the sport on a nightly basis with dirty play, it perpetuates the problem.

With that logice every canuck is a gutless, cheap, diver cause we had Kesler, Burrows, Torres and Cooke once.

• Wat 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

With that logice every canuck is a gutless, cheap, diver cause we had Kesler, Burrows, Torres and Cooke once.

Bruins have a ton of divers.  Marchand, Chara, DeBrusk are the worst offenders.  And the Canucks did get that rep from the league  for a long time due to those guys. Problem is the guys I named all have a serious issue with cheapshots, and having a leadership group who doesn't encourage new arrivals to have some dignity means their classless behaviour is encouraged.  We aren't going to ever agree on this though.

some think that boston has changed into a respectable team, I think not, anyone with the likes of the Rat, Krug, Dbrusk, Chara and his sneaky slashes  and McAvoy who was just recently suspended, nah they haven't changed

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sorry Heffy we won't agree because you literally have zero rational thoughts regarding the Bruins. 

And I think you have zero rational thoughts regarding the Bruins because you're a fan and are blind to the gutless behaviour they continually exhibit.  I have less respect for them than you do for the Sharks.

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

wtf was don going on about for that last bit xD

The only words I heard were: She’s a fighter! 

I couldn't understand any other word throughout. :picard:

7 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

wtf was don going on about for that last bit xD

Depends hired the wrong HNIC guy as a pitchman when they took Stock.  Cherry could flat out say "I pooped my pants" on Coaches Corner and no one would bat an eye at this point.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Depends hired the wrong HNIC guy as a pitchman when they took Stock.  Cherry could flat out say "I pooped my pants" on Coaches Corner and no one would bat an eye at this point.

And then he comes on next week with a poo emoji suit xD

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And I think you have zero rational thoughts regarding the Bruins because you're a fan and are blind to the gutless behaviour they continually exhibit.  I have less respect for them than you do for the Sharks.

I called a suspension on McAvoy and even said he should have gotten 2 or 3 games. How am I “blind to the gutless behaviour”? 

I’ve said that even though I took no issue with Boychuk’s hit on Raymond, that if Rome’s hit was worth 4 games Boychuck’s was worth at least 2. IMO neither play was enough I’d consider suspendible. 

The last 2 games I've taken no issue with the Bruins having a 9-4 PP disadvantage because they were all fine calls against. So how do I have zero rational thoughts regarding the Bruins. Especially when I'm not the one crying that they're diving everytime one loses an edge and wasn't actually diving at all.