The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2019 at 01:00 AM

Its ok Thornton says it was a good goal so that's all that matters :rolleyes:

Its funny because the NHL wants to bring in fans but is afraid of the game going too long due to reviews. Its simple - all goals get reviewed just like the NFL does with touchdowns - any infraction such as a hand pass and the goal is disallowed. Or just start allowing hand passes - I mean we already allow directing the puck with the skate as long as it's not a distinct kicking motion 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Hand pass isn't reviewable. That's a kind of rule that tells me the league is taking one step forward off the stool.

If the ref couldn't actually see that hand pass even though it was at the center of the play, he's either:

A) extremely incompetent

B ) a corrupt official

Either of those options should result in termination. They're literally causing million dollars in losses to these teams with their blown calls. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Why not get rid of the challenge system and have nhl review all goals. If not, then why cant Toronto just make the right call with all that video replay they got and relay the right call back to the refs???  Nhl can be such a joke.

It would literally take two seconds on a play like that to roll back the tape and play it in slow mo. It's not like that was even a subtle play. He clearly bats it out of the air.

Why wouldn't they want that when so much is on the line?

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nobody actually still thinks they're blowing these calls right? The teams that are benefiting are the teams that they want to benefit, plain and simple.

It's a rigged league. Until they get Bettman and all the old boys club owners out, it will be the same thing.

Oh and they'll never allow coaches to challenge anything because it will take away refs ability to rig games. You think they're going to wanna take away the refs ability to give powerplays with two minutes to go because the home team is down? No chance.

It is interesting that every Stanley Cup final since 2007 has featured either an Original 6 team or a big American market (sometimes both). 

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

Someone finally had the balls to stand up to this crap

Good!

Unfortunately though there's only a handful of execs that Bettman has to answer to. As long as they're fine with this system things will remain the same.

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

Someone finally had the balls to stand up to this crap

sadly nothing will happen

The GM will probably get fined for being right. Don't you dare speak up against the holy refs

im so sick of this garbage. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WCF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Sharks lead series 2-1
31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nobody actually still thinks they're blowing these calls right? The teams that are benefiting are the teams that they want to benefit, plain and simple.

It's a rigged league. Until they get Bettman and all the old boys club owners out, it will be the same thing.

Oh and they'll never allow coaches to challenge anything because it will take away refs ability to rig games. You think they're going to wanna take away the refs ability to give powerplays with two minutes to go because the home team is down? No chance.

The second “game management” was an acceptable term when use to describe play.basically admitting games are fixed. 

Since It’s just another term for fixing or rigging. The players arent controlling the out come if the officials are performing “game management” to create league of false parody. 

Makes you wonder who would win what if the league let the games be played and decided  by the players. 

No canadian team has won a cup since bettmans first full year.93 Canadians Gary’s first 1/2 season. 

Yet the years directly before he came on Canadian teams won regularly. 

Weird or what. 

Edited by combover

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The good thing is that I don't think Bettman and co will be able to brush it off this time. It's happened too many times this playoffs to just dismiss.

The Golden Knights ownership group just invested half a billion dollars in the NHL. Somehow I don't think they're going to be satisfied with "Well it's a fast game, calls are gonna get missed". Not when there's an obvious solution. 

MLB and NFL already rely heavily on technology, I don't know why the NHL is dragging their feet so much unless certain groups don't want the control taken away from the refs.

Either way, I can't see how other teams owners and GMs watch games like this and think this is what they want their game to be. They're losing credibility as a league by the series.

Can’t add anything more. 

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Can’t add anything more. 

I'd also like to see them poll the refs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of refs were in favor of more technology.

As much I think the league can be rigged and certain refs are bought off, I gotta think that there are good ones that take pride in their job. They gotta feel horrible after a game like that knowing that you just robbed a team that worked their butts off all game on a non goal.

• Cheers 1

Sorry for over posting,this one has me fired up though.

Wasn't there a game involving the Canucks in the last few years where the refs reviewed a play even though they weren't allowed to? I have a vague memory of that.

I'm surprised Toronto didn't get on the phone with the refs and say "F$%^ procedure guys, get this one right".

• Cheers 2