The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2019 at 01:00 AM

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

What is weird is that Blues went to cup finals in thier first 3 seasons, and got swept in all 3 finals.

That was not an accident. All the 6 new teams were put in a newly created division. so there was a guarantee that an Original Six team was going to meet a newbie franchise in the finals. The Scotty Bowman coached St. Louis just happened to be the best new team, but obviously they were no match for an O6 team.

But I'm sure @-AJ- could add more insightful information about the subject matter, or even just confirm or refute my statement. :P

Btw, go Blues.

Edited by Rubik

2 hours ago, Rubik said:

That was not an accident. All the 6 new teams were put in a newly created division. so there was a guarantee that an Original Six team was going to meet a newbie franchise in the finals. The Scotty Bowman coached St. Louis just happened to be the best new team, but obviously they were no match for an O6 team.

But I'm sure @-AJ- could add more insightful information about the subject matter, or even just confirm or refute my statement. :P

Btw, go Blues.

No correction needed! You're right--the NHL figured it would be too lopsided for new teams to be in the same division as the old ones, so they only fought each other in the final round of the playoffs (There were only three rounds then). Interesting, if you're looking at goal differential, I think it was 1967-68 that was the closest 4-0 sweep in NHL Stanley Cup Finals history. Montreal won all four games, but all four of them were only one-goal games and two of them took overtime to win.

By contrast, 2011 was arguably the most lopsided 7-game series in Finals history with Boston winning by large margins and Vancouver only winning by small increments.

• Upvote 1

Pretty clear the refs/league are gifting sjs a spot in the finals. 

Hope if they win it the refs get there name on the cup to it’s only fair. 

Still I hope stl can beat the officials(yeah right) and the dumbo joe his  sjs. 

59 minutes ago, combover said:

I'm pulling for the Canes to win it all, because that's the worst for Betman.  Plus, Calgary gets to watch a couple guys they foolishly traded away hoist the Cup.  

• Upvote 3

Back to back game 7s could start to take its toll on the sharks. They sure don`t want to blow it after the miracle win over Vegas. Don`t care really who goes through as long as Boston does not win it all. Go Carolina!

1 hour ago, combover said:

The Colorado broadcasters gave the refs an A+ for their work in game 7 - no sarcasm. 

Just now, mephnick said:

Jumbo Joe is one of the bigger pieces of crap in the league but everyone loves him because he grew a beard or something.

I hope he retires without a Cup.

Jumbo Joe is a big spoiled brat of a man-child.  Guy hasn't grown up, and (likely) never will.  The Sharks are an easy team to hate: Big Babby, Ratfink, Pirate, Sasquach, and the rest of the freak show. 

• Cheers 1

Gary Bettman has looked over the best storylines that will boost league interest in the USA . From there the officiating helps orchestrate his plans. 

Joe Thornton’s storyline, retirement, and a win over an original 6 team in the final . What a feel good story. Sorry St.louis , you’re just in the way. 

AVS / media don’t want to come across a sore losers making excuses.

SJS shouldn’t even be in the conversation they got through because of what could one of worst call in playoff history. 

Its not like the NHL/refs  havent determined who wins the cup in the past. So nothing new just getting more blatant. 

In the end It really doesn’t matter just really don’t what dumbo joe win a cup.

hope the canes can win win it all. But hope the blues beat the sjs. 

Blues fans should make t-shirts that are striped like refs with SJS logos on it. 

Puts the league in a ugly spot like Gillis did when the refs were trying to hand the hawks a free pass against the Nucks year after year. 

Edited by combover

The Sharks are fortunate to even still be here. Should have been eliminated in Round One, but no use whining about it now. 

Hoping the Blues can knock these losers  out. Blues in 7. But I haven’t predicted a single outcome correctly so I’ll likely be wrong!

Edited by BlueDragon23

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WCF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Series tied 0-0