Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

WCF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, mll said:

 

 

Wow.

 

only guy I feel for is pavelski as he is a legit warrior - a term that is loosely assigned nowadays.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Wow.

 

only guy I feel for is pavelski as he is a legit warrior - a term that is loosely assigned nowadays.

Is EK getting to the age where his body is made of glass? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't feel any empathy for San Jose, I despise Logan Couture....such a whiny diver.  Not a fan of Brent Burns or Jumbo Joe.  Go Blues!  

Interesting though how we (me) attaches playing style to overall assessment of an individual.  I'm sure these guys are terrific friends, great upstanding citizens, helpful to people who are disadvantaged, I just don't like their on ice character.  

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is EK getting to the age where his body is made of glass? 

Hard to say.....I don’t think he is edler, Tanev, territory.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pluralsight said:

I don't know why anyone would cheer for a division rival, especially one like the Sharks. &^@# San Jose and &^@# Boston. Get the &^@# outta here. 

People like who they like. Chill. You don't have to agree with em but you don't need to be an asshole about it either. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharks are in tough though, they've looking pretty banged up at this point and the Blues seem pretty healthy. Not sure they'd be able to get past a mostly healthy Boston squad even if they make it past St Louis. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

People like who they like. Chill. You don't have to agree with em but you don't need to be an asshole about it either. 

No u. 

 

Yeah, of course people here can cheer for whomever they like. But when someone openly cheers for teams that are hated rivals like the Sharks and Bruins, you almost wonder if they are a troll or not. But to each their own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

No u. 

 

Yeah, of course people here can cheer for whomever they like. But when someone openly cheers for teams that are hated rivals like the Sharks and Bruins, you almost wonder if they are a troll or not. But to each their own. 

I guess it makes sense that overly tribal people assume that everyone else is overly tribal. But it doesn't make sense to put the sharks and the bruins on the same level of rivalry. Unless you think all 29 teams are hated rivals. Which makes sense with the overly tribal thing.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, riffraff said:

I’m not saying he would be a fit here - especially considering the perceived attitude issue.  I’m not sure there is the vet/character presence in Vancouver atm to balance Kane but he brings a play style we need for sure.

 

i believe he had three goals vs Vegas in the series, meanwhile playing physical and fighting the baddest face puncher in the game.

I wouldn't mind a reasonably priced Kane in spite of his 'rep;, but there may be a 'better' option = can't believe I'm about to say this, but I think there's another guy in this series that would make a pretty good target in free agency this summer....

Maroon.   Haha.  I've ripped him numerous times in the past for being vacant, absentee without the puck, and borderline embarrassing in those multiple 'dances' with Kassian.

But he's notably improved without the puck imo - not a great 'possession'/two way player, but adequate, and he'd bring some things that I think the EP/Boeser line could really use - size, grit, forecheck, hard areas, ability to finish - and watching him consistently throughout these playoffs, he's more consistent than the younger Maroon, and even appears to step his game up at the right times.

He's one of those guys - perhaps like Vanek - who might get relatively undervalued (I mean in the actual NHL marketplace - perhaps for the reasons above) - I think he might make a reasonable placeholder winger addition - signed for 1.75 for one year with St Lou - the possibility of earning some minutes with EP/Brock might be a nice carrot for the guy?

Just a thought - but I'm fairly firmly opposed to chasing other, smaller, relatively one-dimensional and highly expensive (cap and term) wingers like Panarin or Skinner, who imo do not really provide a very good fit for the EP line, lack the heaviness, and the pushback, that ideally could be put on that wing.   Those types of players (pwf with a willingness to stand up for linemates) tend to be quite costly - I think Maroon might be another good addition to the Canucks placeholder group - perhaps while the team drafts/develops a homegrown replacement.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, butters said:

I guess it makes sense that overly tribal people assume that everyone else is overly tribal. But it doesn't make sense to put the sharks and the bruins on the same level of rivalry. Unless you think all 29 teams are hated rivals. Which makes sense with the overly tribal thing.

Being "overly tribal" is what sports is all about. No, the Sharks and Bruins aren't on the same level of rivalry, but they are in the same vicinity - at least to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Being "overly tribal" is what sports is all about. No, the Sharks and Bruins aren't on the same level of rivalry, but they are in the same vicinity - at least to me. 

right... calling out people for liking other teams "is what sports is all about"

Edited by butters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I wouldn't mind a reasonably priced Kane in spite of his 'rep;, but there may be a 'better' option = can't believe I'm about to say this, but I think there's another guy in this series that would make a pretty good target in free agency this summer....

Maroon.   Haha.  I've ripped him numerous times in the past for being vacant, absentee without the puck, and borderline embarrassing in those multiple 'dances' with Kassian.

But he's notably improved without the puck imo - not a great 'possession'/two way player, but adequate, and he'd bring some things that I think the EP/Boeser line could really use - size, grit, forecheck, hard areas, ability to finish - and watching him consistently throughout these playoffs, he's more consistent than the younger Maroon, and even appears to step his game up at the right times.

He's one of those guys - perhaps like Vanek - who might get relatively undervalued (I mean in the actual NHL marketplace - perhaps for the reasons above) - I think he might make a reasonable placeholder winger addition - signed for 1.75 for one year with St Lou - the possibility of earning some minutes with EP/Brock might be a nice carrot for the guy?

Just a thought - but I'm fairly firmly opposed to chasing other, smaller, relatively one-dimensional and highly expensive (cap and term) wingers like Panarin or Skinner, who imo do not really provide a very good fit for the EP line, lack the heaviness, and the pushback, that ideally could be put on that wing.   Those types of players (pwf with a willingness to stand up for linemates) tend to be quite costly - I think Maroon might be another good addition to the Canucks placeholder group - perhaps while the team drafts/develops a homegrown replacement.

 

 

No.

 

but in all seriousness I’ll take kanes speed over Maroon’s.

 

jeez that must have been tough for you Oldy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Sharks are in tough though, they've looking pretty banged up at this point and the Blues seem pretty healthy. Not sure they'd be able to get past a mostly healthy Boston squad even if they make it past St Louis. 

Have zero doubt that if Sharks get past Blues, Bruins win the cup. 

Blues play the same kind of grinding hockey as Bruins, and can surely go toe to toe with them Physically... by god I hope they nail Marchand...

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Is EK getting to the age where his body is made of glass? 

I'm starting to wonder if the style the sharks have him playing now is making him more injury prone. It seems now with the sharks then say with Ottawa he's been told to stay at home more and trust his forwards to generate the offense, he doesn't take those rushes from his own end as much anymore like he used to do in Ottawa all the time, so he's playing a more conservative stay at home D which is good, but by doing this it's having him take more hits in his own end now from the opponent's forwards finishing their checks, his body isn't used to this and it's starting to catch up on him I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, butters said:

right... calling out people for liking other teams "is what sports is all about"

Exactly. Note that my response was because someone posted how they were surprised that people are cheering for the Blues. You know, calling others out for liking other teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Exactly. Note that my response was because someone posted how they were surprised that people are cheering for the Blues. You know, calling others out for liking other teams. 

does it matter why? Its just a bunch of people using sports as a proxy to hash out their own personal issues.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, butters said:

does it matter why? Its just a bunch of people using sports as a proxy to hash out their own personal issues.

You're taking this too far. People can simply be passionate about their sports team without having personal issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

You're taking this too far. People can simply be passionate about their sports team without having personal issues. 

I dunno... as soon as people start insulting people for liking a team, it gets a bit weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.