The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2019 at 01:00 AM

26 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Blues tried to send a message early with big hits but that was a byproduct of them chasing the game all night. Pretty convincing win for the sharks

Jets had a convincing win over the Blues too

• Cheers 1

Firepower

Speed

Backcheck

That was the difference.

Sharks have so many more weapons... their team speed is much better... and all their forwards were really responsible defensively... they all kept to their system.

Blues will not last long until they find a way to deal with the multi-line offensive threats San Jose can send at them.

And the Sharks are not even clicking with all their weapons.... Kane can put up much better points.  If he breaks out and has a game, which he is due for, then St Louis could be steamrollered.

The Blues game plan was obviously to hit everything that moves and wear down the Sharks... but San Jose is a big team and they can physically deal with a hitting game.

26 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Jets had a convincing win over the Blues too

San Jose has a boatload more experience and plays very different than the Peg. Then you have 2 of the very top d men in the league.  Burns was an absolute machine out there.  St Louis isn't going to go away easy and will get 2/3 wins but I don't see them winning after tonight. Could happen though ;)

And by the way... despite what Erik Karlsson said in the post game interview, he is not at 100%.

Maybe mostly healed, but not up to the level of play he was showing midway through the season before his injury.

Still got a point and played over 26:00, but he can get better.

16 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

And by the way... despite what Erik Karlsson said in the post game interview, he is not at 100%.

Maybe mostly healed, but not up to the level of play he was showing midway through the season before his injury.

Good thing Burns is playing like the best in the world since about 1/3 way through the season. 

18 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I hate EK

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, nucklehead said:

what happen, he snub you or sumpin?

Nah his mannerisms this playoffs 

calling out out his own guys on the bench - guys that stand up for him when he is a newb on a vet established team.

guys a diva and needs a haircut.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WCF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Sharks lead series 1-0
11 hours ago, riffraff said:

Nah his mannerisms this playoffs 

calling out out his own guys on the bench - guys that stand up for him when he is a newb on a vet established team.

guys a diva and needs a haircut.

During a game there was a miscue between karlsson and Dillon.  Maybe I’m biased because I like dillons game but anyways;

dillon stepped up at the blue line and got caught.  The fwd had the step on ek and scored.  Ek followed Dillon to the bench yelling at him and waving his hands etc - continued the tirade while sitting on the bench.

during the first few minutes of the game Comfer had taken a healthy run at ek and Dillon immediately engaged comfer, grabbing and challenging him.

im sorry but I don’t want any player on the Canucks that would come in new to a club and publicly berate an established team veteran.

punk move.  You think Dillon steps up for ek again?

Edited by riffraff
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, riffraff said:

During a game there was a miscue between karlsson and Dillon.  Maybe I’m biased because I like dillons game but anyways;

dillon stepped up at the blue line and got caught.  The fwd had the step on ek and scored.  Ek followed Dillon to the bench yelling at him and waving his hands etc - continued the tirade while sitting on the bench.

during the first few minutes of the game Comfer had taken a healthy run at ek and Dillon immediately engaged comfer, grabbing and challenging him.

im sorry but I don’t want any player on the Canucks that would come in new to a club and publicly berate an established team veteran.

punk move.  You think Dillon steps up for ek again?

irony also being how many times EK has been burned in these playoffs.. I've been watching all the sharks games, with the intent of watching Karlsson. He definitely brings an explosive offensive element, but either he's not over that last injury, or his Norris days are well behind him.  

Unless his injuries are causing just a temporary setback, I honestly don't think he's a #1 D anymore.. 

• Cheers 1