The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Benn Wants out of Dallas

1 minute ago, Pears said:

It happened four years ago and he’s since apologized for it. Time to move on. 

I'm honestly still bitter over it. If he's a good fit with Petey and Bo tho. Maybe I can suck it up as long as he doesn't suck like Eriksson. Hopefully we can get that contract out of here in the process.

If they can retain some salary but then we'd have to add more to the already heft price that is Jamie Benn. 

Pass..................................................................

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm honestly still bitter over it. If he's a good fit with Petey and Bo tho. Maybe I can suck it up as long as he doesn't suck like Eriksson. Hopefully we can get that contract out of here in the process.

At least he had the maturity to apologize unlike Seguin. It was a stupid comment at the time but it’s over and done with now.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Can't take a shortcut on rebuild.  Only way it works for me if they take Erikkson and we aren't giving up any youth. 

Why would they do that deal?

Just to early in rebuild to be looking at 30 year olds unless UFAs or getting for a steal for Sutter type players.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

At least he had the maturity to apologize unlike Seguin. It was a stupid comment at the time but it’s over and done with now.

He was like 25 when he said those comments. Pretty bad it shows his character lol. He probably apologized because he lives in BC and didn't want to be heckled every time he came home. Do we really want a 29 yr old Benn tho? That is kinda like the Subban thing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Can't take a shortcut on rebuild.  Only way it works for me if they take Erikkson and we aren't giving up any youth. 

Why would they do that deal?

Just to early in rebuild to be looking at 30 year olds unless UFAs or getting for a steal for Sutter type players.

We have our franchise centre, top line sniper, top two-way forward, franchise level defenseman and two very good young goalies in Demko and DiPietro. What more do we need?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nigerian said:

Erikkson + 2019 2nd and Juolevi. 

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Digging up the report to link, on 1040 they just talked about a report out of Dallas that Benn wants out and interested in Vancouver.

He has a full NMC so this would be only something if he did a Kesler and demanded a trade but only with Vancouver.  We wouldn’t want to give the return he is worth and he has a long time left on a big contract.

I would go as far as:

Virtanen

Juolevi

for Benn

It would solve or LW top line issue

You two are under estimating Benns value.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

We have our franchise centre, top line sniper, top two-way forward, franchise level defenseman and two very good young goalies in Demko and DiPietro. What more do we need?

A tough forward who can score. We need JB... So get it done JB. B)

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Pears said:

It happened four years ago and he’s since apologized for it. Time to move on. 

And now he's demanding a trade because the owner said something mean about him.  Seems that his character hasn't really improved. Classless piece of trash that would not be a good influence on our young players learning how to be professionals.  Bottom line is the garbage he spewed is unacceptable for a player who would be expected to be in a leadership role here.  Stay far away.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

If it's true, you 100% give up whatever it takes to get this guy.

Great leadership, mentorship, and proven playoff performer. Adding his 60+ points per year instantly puts us in the playoff race. 

Add a dman or two, and we are poised to make run as early as next year. 

Couldn’t add or two with his salary cap

Edited by sonoman
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Benn is one of my favourite players so My judgement might be a little foggy :lol:

i see this is a cap dump thing for dallas. They’re gonna be in on karlsson, there’s permanent bad blood and they might wanna turn the page on the benn regime 

noooooo way would I deal horvat. Not even in a one for one 

Hanzal has been a disaster for Dallas and has 1 year left on his deal at 4.75m so if we could take that off their hands it would water down the asking price 

To dal: gaudette, goldobin, hutton, 1st pick 2020 (top 10 protected) 

to van: benn, hanzal

benn has a 9.5m cap hit for 6 more years and is coming off a 63 point year. His value is not that high and if it is then I’m out on acquiring him 

HockeyGaud is replacing Sutter, no way should he be in that deal

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Can’t see too much value for that term and cap hit. If he strictly wants to come to Vancouver and doesn’t desire to play in Dallas anymore then that’s pretty good. He’s obviously a really good player but I seriously doubts he gets much more than a 1st (like our 2nd) a good prospect (juolevi). Maybe add a madden or gaudette but I doubt he fetches more than that. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

He was like 25 when he said those comments. Pretty bad it shows his character lol. He probably apologized because he lives in BC and didn't want to be heckled every time he came home. Do we really want a 29 yr old Benn tho? That is kinda like the Subban thing.

I would waaaaaay rather have Subban

2 hours ago, Western Red said:

Wow this is an interesting development. He's just what we need.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jamie-benn

6 more years at 9.5 per though.

Dallas would probably want a lot. Plus there's the Aquilini/ Gaglardi thing that almost makes me think it'd be near impossible to get him. 

I don't think thats a thing anymore, they're trying to develop a new ski hill together. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Read my actual post.  The only way it works for us is if he pulls a Kesler and demands a Trade here.

We aren’t going to pay full market price for Benn, and they aren’t going to get it for him since he holds a NMC.

• Upvote 1