The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trans individuals are killing female sports

sam13371337

I haven’t even defended the transgender athletes who clearly have a physical advantage. I think that’s ludicrous and taking things to the extreme. Obviously a solution needs to be reached.

The people in this thread however are so far backwards I’m surprised we’re not discussing womens’ right to vote. They are very emotional beings don’t you know. How could anyone conclude they have the proper rationality to be allowed such rights as voting.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, naslund.is.king said:

I guess every single person who was taught elementary to university genetics and science doesnt know what theyre talking about

have a good day 112

You don’t have a university level understanding of genetics. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, naslund.is.king said:

I guess every single person who was taught elementary to university genetics and science doesnt know what theyre talking about

have a good day 112

You can't just say "it's science" when the nature of psychiatric diagnostics is inherently philosophical.

You are outside your intellectual weight class.

4 minutes ago, 112 said:

You can't just say "it's science" when the nature of psychiatric diagnostics is inherently philosophical.

You are outside your intellectual weight class.

are you gonna keep going with your emotion and opinion or actually tackle what 97% of us believe(were taught) is m/f

please man try instead of what your doing

Edited by naslund.is.king
  • Haha 1

once again attack like a child instead of putting forth a response 

I’m not attacking, I’m stating fact. You do not have a university level understating of genetics. 

I did put put forth a response to which you conveniently ignored and parroted the same paragraph you likely plagiarized from somewhere. The same paragraph that demonstrates the aforementioned lack of understanding.

1 minute ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Well...that makes sense and definitely wasn’t a stretch 

It was scientific argument put forward in the 19c to justify womens’ non-voting rights.

There are those in this thread who are drawing on outdated and clearly incorrect scientific views to support their preconceived opinions. Hence, I am surprised we are not discussing the woman’s right to vote.

But why stop there? We learned about Newton in high school, therefore Einstein was wrong and anyone who tries to argue the general theory of relativity is an idiot.

4 minutes ago, Jack_T said:

I’m not attacking, I’m stating fact. You do not have a university level understating of genetics. 

I did put put forth a response to which you conveniently ignored and parroted the same paragraph you likely plagiarized from somewhere. The same paragraph that demonstrates the aforementioned lack of understanding.

Go back to page one and start over

:lol:

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

It is physiologically impossible to change someone sex,  the sex of each individual is encoded in the genes—XX if female, XY if male. Surgery can only create the appearance of the other sex

sexual identity is on every cell of the body and can be determined through DNA testing. It cannot be changed.

Please though tell me otherwise

This is factually incorrect. 

Ok jack. Please man..im ready to learn something new today 

Do you accept that intersex exists?

I’ve been trying to come up with a response to this thread for some time but it’s difficult to get the wording right. 

It’s one thing to focus on the science of it all and the genetics, but this is more of an ethics issue than anything. (I’ll just ignore those with multiple X’s and Y’s right now) My stance on this is why does it even matter? Why not let people be who and what they want to be, as long as it isn’t degrading to others? Can’t we just offer support and open arms instead of arguing about whether or not they have no mental capacity? People are people, and capable of making decisions for themselves. 

I do agree that something has to be changed as there is an advantage, although not as much as this is making it seem. 

Society wants reality to reflect their politics, not the other way around.

Some things can be changed to create a better reality but biology isn’t one of them.

And before you say biology is changing all the time...sure it is, but not in terms of XX or XY. I have no problem with adults who want to take hormones or undergo surgery, but I do have a problem with parents who think a 3 year old kid can decide which gender it is and use hormones to "support" the progress. And I do have a problem with transwomen in female sports competitions. This is just stupid crazy. The world was yelling at Spacey for harassment of a 14 year old (because that is horrific) but the same people seem to be ok with hormone experiments on toddlers which have a lifelong effect.

I don't think that the average person has negative feelings towards transgender people. But what happens when you try to force everyone to fully accept an obvious a lie you make enemies. Trying to tell people that there are no biological differences between men and women is complete nonsense. And if you insist that it's not, you're either an idiot or a liar and I don't take your view seriously. And if you try to force me to believe it, you're a fascist too. 

• Upvote 2