Sign in to follow this  
RetroCanuck

[Article]- Hometown biased at its finest

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Can't waive a player with a NMC

I believe RetroCanuck is talking about Loui. Loui no longer has a NMC.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

As over paid as he is, Eriksson is an excellent bottom 6 player who is good at penalty killing, forechecking and grinding in the corners.

In contrast, Lucic only fights selfishly when someone hurts his feelings and takes bad retaliatory penalties, he's slower than molasses, has a higher cap hit and more term and could quite possibly be a cancer in the locker room.

I know who I would rather have.

Nope...he grinds like my old lady camps. She doesn't.

He had 3 hits? I'd hit 4 guys on accident. Might be my own teammates but I'd get 4.

• Haha 4

Man, if Jimbo was to swing deal for Lucic his days as a GM are over.

6 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

What if was 50% retained plus McDavid?

Oh wait...they have Kenneth Holland now

• Haha 1

Trading for Lucic and missing another year of the playoffs would be the final straw for me.  I would know for certain that this team is cursed by all the gods and they just love making us fans squirm.  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Trading for Lucic and missing another year of the playoffs would be the final straw for me.  I would know for certain that this team is cursed by all the gods and they just love making us fans squirm.  

If you watched Messier this is literally nothing...although drafting OJ was bad.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

Can't waive a player with a NMC

1 hour ago, canucklehead80 said:

I believe RetroCanuck is talking about Loui. Loui no longer has a NMC.

Dead on there canucklehead. Loui has an NTC

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Lucic would be one of the most skilled Canucks and is nowhere near as slow as posters are suggesting.

Beggars shouldn’t be choosers, in this case. 

When you put an Internal CXT truck beside a Bugatti Veyron, as powerful as that CXT is, the Bugatti will always outspeed it by a large margin.

Edited by Me_

4 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

If you watched Messier this is literally nothing

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

...although drafting OJ was bad.

No. That's totally unfair. OJ hasn't even played an NHL game yet. 21 years old, average development curve. Most defensemen develop into NHL calibre players in their early to mid 20s.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strombone said:

Yes.

No. That's totally unfair. OJ hasn't even played an NHL game yet. 21 years old, average development curve. Most defensemen develop into NHL calibre players in their early to mid 20s.

Yea man I hope I'm dead wrong but I don't see it. No. 3 dman at best. Tkachuk's a future captain.

And for the record I've been wrong more than once!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

If you watched Messier this is literally nothing...although drafting OJ was bad.

I wanted Sergachev myself but writing off OJ already is a bit premature. Let’s give the kid another year or 2. He’s a very young dman and there is still time for him to get his NHL legs under him.

It’s a pipe dream at this point but IF Hughes and OJ can step in next year and Tryamkin and say, Broberg the year after our d won’t look so decrepit as they have the past few seasons.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I wanted Sergachev myself but writing off OJ already is a bit premature. Let’s give the kid another year or 2. He’s a very young dman and there is still time for him to get his NHL legs under him.

It’s a pipe dream at this point but IF Hughes and OJ can step in next year and Tryamkin and say, Broberg the year after our d won’t look so decrepit as they have the past few seasons.

Yea don't get me wrong he'll play 10 years mostly so Benning doesn't look bad it's just Tkachuk's better.

He's a solid 5 guy, maybe as high as a solid 2. If he's a solid 2 it's fine but I don't see it.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Fateless said:

Just the puck.

Good example 

lucic-side-of-net.gif

lucic-gif.gif

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Lucic would actually be a similar issue to Messier.  Terrible contract, cancer in the room, lazy, slow, and a terrible excuse for a human being.  Not welcome.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YEGCanuck said:

Depends who comes with him as the incentive.

• Upvote 1

No thank you! Loui is only owed 9 million in real money over the next 3 years after his July 1st bonus hits. 

He's gonna have great trade value for a team desperate to hit the floor. Lucic will still have way too much negative value. 

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

The big difference.

Eriksson’s contract is front loaded, a year shorter, and moveable.  He also doesn’t have a NMC.

As far as players go, Lucic does fit us better.

People have bought into Green’s defence of Eriksson.  He is entirely unmotivated, lacklustre and not really a good PK guy.  It is poison to have a player showing that much apathy around a bunch of kids who need to learn how to be pro’s.

Lucic may be terrible, but no one can argue he doesn’t have compete level.

I would try to get rid of Eriksson and then take a big sweetener to take on Lucic if the offer was there.

Edited by Provost
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Um, they are both worth jack. But knowing Benning he would find a way of overvaluing lucic and give Holland a pick. Like the kassian and a pick for Prust deal. 

But yeah, the author is right. We aren’t getting any sweetener in a deal like this. And definitely won’t get the freaking 8th overall if we throw in crap like Hutton and leivo lol

:bored: