The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson wows on world stage ......again.

Rate this topic

cuporbust

You have to have actual issues to want an 7 million a season perimeter player who disappears when the going gets tough. And then continually bag on JV to top it off.

I know many Leafs homers who don't even want Nylander on their team, and in fact, I would bet a majority of Leafs fans would do Nylander for JV 1 for 1 without hesitation

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

This thread is about JV and Nylander?

It is a fixation for some and for trolls, it is a constant.

EP40 deserves troll-free threads but that apparently isn't possible.   I like what one other poster said in a different thread that it was construction season in the Vancouver world and all the bridge work seems to have moved some trolls out of their lairs and quite a few have found their way onto CDC.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

This thread is about JV and Nylander?

I think we are discussing potential wingers for Pettersson.  If Wee Willie is on the list, I'd like to throw my sister's hat into the conversation.  She's cute, soft, and stays away from trouble.  

Alf in a dress.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I have to know, who are you really? you have to be someone Benning cut from a team at some point. Everything you post is the same vomit of hate about the guy and his choices :lol:

His level of hockey knowledge suggests he's never played the game other than 'e-sports'

4 hours ago, Whorvat said:

You have to have actual issues to want an 7 million a season perimeter player who disappears when the going gets tough. And then continually bag on JV to top it off.

I know many Leafs homers who don't even want Nylander on their team, and in fact, I would bet a majority of Leafs fans would do Nylander for JV 1 for 1 without hesitation

Indeed many would. I live in Toronto and Nylander is not as well regarded anymore. Not only for his permiter play but because Dubas capitulated and gave him that awful contract which is now an albatross for them and causing cap hell. If Nylander had not whined/sat out, then performed, leaf fans would have less concern as he would be an easily traded asset. However, his baggage/ perception of bad attitude+playoff performances are now going to cause Dubas to take a big loss to open enough cap space to both sign marner and fill out his team. I bet they'd love a physical, fast, big winger who still has alot of upside and plays 2 ways for 1.25 mil vs 8 mil for pity points playing with Matthews and the playoff houdini act.

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

His level of hockey knowledge suggests he's never played the game other than 'e-sports'

buddy should just change his user name to "IhateJimBenningandeverythinghehasdoneandeverwilldo" to just save us time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

buddy should just change his user name to "IhateJimBenningandeverythinghehasdoneandeverwilldo" to just save us time. 

I don’t know.....could be tough to keyboard (that’s type to us older ones) with out spellcheck and copy and paste. 

• Haha 1

Ah! look at all the haters that make fun of my age or my hockey knowledge just because they don’t agree with my views. 

Don’t say I didn’t try and educate you when JV busts out worse than Pyatt and Bernier. That’s going to happen.

And at the guy who wouldn’t do Nylander for JV 1 for 1. Lol. You do that in a heart beat even if you don’t plan to have Nylander on your team. You flip him since he is 200% for sure worth more than JV whether the Benning supporters like it or not. Lol

Edited by Tomatoes11

15 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Ah! look at all the haters that make fun of my age or my hockey knowledge just because they don’t agree with my views. 

Don’t say I didn’t try and educate you when JV busts out worse than Pyatt and Bernier. That’s going to happen.

And at the guy who wouldn’t do Nylander for JV 1 for 1. Lol. You do that in s heart beat even if you don’t plan to have Nylander on your team. You flip him since he is 200% for sure worth more than JV whether the Benning supporters like it or not. Lol

You must really love crow.....because you sure eat a lot of it. :sadno:

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2019 at 11:18 PM, DADDYROCK said:

I must admit that it has been a very very low bar when it has come to the Canucks drafting record

,but recently with J.B. AND HIS TEAM we have done so much better even though we have been hurt by the lotto draft four years straight, as in going the wrong way in order of picking our future players.

Here's hoping for more good players and here's hoping (NEXT YEAR) for maybe a 1,2,or 3 pick since we have not had any since 1999,Aand maybe our first 1OA pick ever. pick ever.Apparently the web says we have never ever had one in fifty years.

the late Luc Bourdon #10 OA 2005 

15 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

9pts in 7 games is pretty good although I don’t know if it’s wow good specially with WN at 17

Since WN is fresh from taking a full season off... unlike EP40 that actually played hockey this year.  Sarcasm for those that take things literally  

18 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Indeed many would. I live in Toronto and Nylander is not as well regarded anymore. Not only for his permiter play but because Dubas capitulated and gave him that awful contract which is now an albatross for them and causing cap hell. If Nylander had not whined/sat out, then performed, leaf fans would have less concern as he would be an easily traded asset. However, his baggage/ perception of bad attitude+playoff performances are now going to cause Dubas to take a big loss to open enough cap space to both sign marner and fill out his team. I bet they'd love a physical, fast, big winger who still has alot of upside and plays 2 ways for 1.25 mil vs 8 mil for pity points playing with Matthews and the playoff houdini act.

They should direct their ire at Dubas for not trading him for a D before this whole fiasco of him sitting out/signing that contract.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, spur1 said:

You must really love crow.....because you sure eat a lot of it. :sadno:

Not at all. Unless you count not sharing the same opinion of the rest of the CDC Benning apologists as eating crow. If that is what you are suggesting then you really need a better term for it. Like I am the only one that isn’t eating Benning’s crap is a more fitting term for it. 

16 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Nylander has negative value at this point.  Lazy, soft, disappears in the playoffs, quits on his teammates to get one of the worst contracts in the history of the league, then gets benched for absolutely atrocious play in both ends of the rink.  LE has a better contract as at least he's capable of playing at the NHL level in his own end.  I'm not sure if Andersen would be able to pick out that useless floater from a police lineup if it weren't for those stupid commercials.  Green would send Nylander to a league more appropriate for his pitiful lack of effort: the AHL.  Maybe there, he can show that he's willing to stop disrespecting his coach, his teammates, and himself with his utterly pitiful excuse for backchecking.  Not only would I not trade JV for this worthless piece of garbage, I wouldn't claim him from waivers.  Nylander is lucky he wasn't suspended without pay last year as an example to show the rest of the team that the way he approaches the game is completely unacceptable.

You don't win with guys like Nylander.  He makes Mark Messier and Radim Vrbata look like workaholics in comparison.  The Leafs are going to have their work cut out for him convincing some sucker of a GM that he'll ever start to take the game seriously and show he belongs in the NHL.  Chip off the old block just like his locker room cancer of a father.

Lol believe as much garbage as you want but if and when Nylander gets traded in the next one or two years. He is going to get a lot more than garbage like JV. 

If if I were to ballpark it, I think he gets at least a low 1st rounder and JV is worth nowhere near that. Sorry bro.

4 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Not at all. Unless you count not sharing the same opinion of the rest of the CDC Benning apologists as eating crow. If that is what you are suggesting then you really need a better term for it. Like I am the only one that isn’t eating Benning’s crap is a more fitting term for it. 

I’ll be sure to remind you when JB is extended and JV has and even better year than last. 

• Upvote 2