The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Maple Leafs sign president Brendan Shanahan to contract extension

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, Trebreh said:

they even had an interview with him to talk about the Laffs. why not do an update of the rest of Canada's team as well Sportsnet!!?

I actually didn't watch it yesterday, not going to lie I almost did to see Jays highlights, but found a game clip on YouTube instead :bigblush:

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, oldnews said:

I'd love to hear you elaborate on this - as a one-liner narrative, it seems to have pretty entertaining value -  but as a claim, of a description of what he has done there, it's about as fluffer as any Leafs homer could get.

Was it the Spamaplan to go into three consecutive playoffs with a pipe-dream of a porous blueline that's been exposed over and over?

Worked to a tee!

Please.

17 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Shameless lollll

Stay humble 

Surprise - not a word of elaboration on your claim.

"Shanahan completely ripped out the old system of how things were run and implemented a modern, aligned process from top-to-bottom which has worked to a tee.

Cool story.

Dodged the question entirely - because you've got nothing.

Fluff on.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

Surprise - not a word of elaboration on your claim.

Cool story.

Dodged the question entirely - because you've got nothing.

Fluff on.

Damn man.

I guess the Leafs have to rebuild now because you say they’re terrible and don’t have much quality coming from a homer/bias/hater Canucks fan :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Damn man.

I guess the Leafs have to rebuild now because you say they’re terrible and don’t have much quality coming from a homer/bias/hater Canucks fan :lol:

Shanahan did a good job hiring Lamarillo and Hunter.  It was a HUGE mistake letting both those experienced, and successful hockey minds get away though.  

4 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Damn man.

Weak straw game Leafblower guy.  Try to answer the question - and/or respond to something that was actually said.

That's what I thought.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

28 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Weak straw game Leafblower guy.  Try to answer the question - and/or respond to something that was actually said.

That's what I thought.

Tavares + Matthews >>> EP + Bo

Marner >> Boeser

Rielly > Hughes

(for the time being, not saying future)

Andersen > Demko/Markstrom

(same thing as above, saying about the now)

Kadri > Sutter

Muzzin >/= Edler 

...Nylander would be the Canucks 2nd best winger behind Boeser hypothetically speaking. And they have Johnsson and Kapanen who are better than majority of our wingers. 

“ TrY tO aNsWeR tHe QuEsTiOn

ThAtS wHAt I tHoUgHt ” 

^I’d love to see you respond using your own logic there. Please explain how the Leafs are in a worse spot than us. Financially speaking sure, the cap caught up to them. No one’s denying that. I’m talking about talent for talent.

But dw man, the Canucks are on the rise and those Leafs suck amirite !!!

:wacko:

Edited by Generational.EP40
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

It's becoming clearer with every post that you're incapable of a discussion.  In a discussion, you respond to what people actually say - you answer questions about what you've said.

You're incapable of either.

That's a cool, fluffy, set of one line 'comparisons' of Leafs and Canucks - and entirely irrelevent to the lack of discussion you and I are having.

Let me know if you're capable of elaborating on your fluffy claim:

"Shanahan completely ripped out the old system of how things were run and implemented a modern, aligned process from top-to-bottom which has worked to a tee."

Got anything other than the weak sidestepping you're doing?

Seriously - tell us more about the 'modernized, alignment' process blah blah blah.

Edited by oldnews
  • Like 3

Just now, oldnews said:

Got anything other than the weak sidestepping you're doing?

I don’t think it’s possible to rationally discuss with a Canucks homer such as you with such a strong hate/bias against the Leafs.

Compare the Leafs of decades past pre Shanny to now with him. Didn’t realize one had to point out the common sense in that. Imagine thinking there’s a debate to be had in that or that they’re similar and there’s not much difference :picard:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

I don’t think it’s possible to rationally discuss with a Canucks homer such as you with such a strong hate/bias against the Leafs.

Compare the Leafs of decades past pre Shanny to now with him. Didn’t realize one had to point out the common sense in that. Imagine thinking there’s a debate to be had in that or that they’re similar and there’s not much difference :picard:

I asked you earlier if Shanahan made the Leafs organization better by letting Lamarillo and Hunter go?  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I asked you earlier if Shanahan made the Leafs organization better by letting Lamarillo and Hunter go?  

but they're 'modernized' and 'alligned' from top to bottom Alf!

what would your question matter if that's the case?

clearly the 'allignment' between Spam/Dumbass and Babcock is seemless as well.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

How can I respond to that if you didn’t ask me, you told me lol

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Shanahan did a good job hiring Lamarillo and Hunter.  It was a HUGE mistake letting both those experienced, and successful hockey minds get away though.  

..and it happens to all good teams. Other teams want successful teams management personnel, that’s no secret and how things have always been. Leafs had a decision to make and they went with the new guy. Regardless of what happened they could only keep 1 of the 3. So it would’ve been “ a HUGE MISTAKE ” no matter how that played out so I don’t get what point that’s supposed to make. 

And still as I said, that doesn’t neglect any of the quality pieces they’ve accumulated and how drastically they’ve improved. That can’t be taken away from them no matter what anyone says. 

/some of ya’ll gotta stop being so salty and just give credit where it’s due that’s all I’m saying. We as Canucks fans are in no position to be pointing the finger at others. I’m a season ticket holder, I’m no troll or hater I’m just being honest about it :lol:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

again, that's what I thought.

mocking-spongebob.jpg

1 hour ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Tavares + Matthews >>> EP + Bo

Marner >> Boeser

Rielly > Hughes

(for the time being, not saying future)

Andersen > Demko/Markstrom

(same thing as above, saying about the now)

Kadri > Sutter

Muzzin >/= Edler 

...Nylander would be the Canucks 2nd best winger behind Boeser hypothetically speaking. And they have Johnsson and Kapanen who are better than majority of our wingers. 

“ TrY tO aNsWeR tHe QuEsTiOn

ThAtS wHAt I tHoUgHt ” 

^I’d love to see you respond using your own logic there. Please explain how the Leafs are in a worse spot than us. Financially speaking sure, the cap caught up to them. No one’s denying that. I’m talking about talent for talent.

But dw man, the Canucks are on the rise and those Leafs suck amirite !!!

:wacko:

Not surprised you’re dodging this.

Wouldn’t expect anything less from an emotional homer who doesn’t know what he’s talking about ... 

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Generational.EP40 said:

How can I respond to that if you didn’t ask me, you told me lol

..and it happens to all good teams. Other teams want successful teams management personnel, that’s no secret and how things have always been. Leafs had a decision to make and they went with the new guy. Regardless of what happened they could only keep 1 of the 3. So it would’ve been “ a HUGE MISTAKE ” no matter how that played out so I don’t get what point that’s supposed to make. 

And still as I said, that doesn’t neglect any of the quality pieces they’ve accumulated and how drastically they’ve improved. That can’t be taken away from them no matter what anyone says. 

/some of ya’ll gotta stop being so salty and just give credit where it’s due that’s all I’m saying. We as Canucks fans are in no position to be pointing the finger at others. I’m a season ticket holder, I’m no troll or hater I’m just being honest about it :lol:

Shouldn’t the credit for building the Leafs go to Lamarillo, and Hunter?  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Shouldn’t the credit for building the Leafs go to Lamarillo, and Hunter?  

They were all there as the beginning foundation blocks. It’s hard to say who’s more valuable than the other.

The way I see it, Shanny was in charge of bringing them all in and then he needed to make a decision on which one to keep. It all began with Shanahan though. 

2 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

They were all there as the beginning foundation blocks. It’s hard to say who’s more valuable than the other.

The way I see it, Shanny was in charge of bringing them all in and then he needed to make a decision on which one to keep. It all began with Shanahan though. 

Yes, Brendan is the figurehead.  Lou and Hunter identified the players to change out and bring in though.  Now they are both gone, and Dubas is taking these two great hockey minds places.  That IMO is the huge mistake.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Yes, Brendan is the figurehead.  Lou and Hunter identified the players to change out and bring in though.  Now they are both gone, and Dubas is taking these two great hockey minds places.  That IMO is the huge mistake.  

Time will only tell.

At the end of they day, it was inevitable the cap crunch they’d face. It’s about how they can manage it to the best of their ability. It’s not like Lou/Hunter would be able to avoid it. I’d say Dubas messed up in handling the Nylander situation. Should’ve traded him for a cheaper dman when he had the chance but what’s done is done. Props to him for getting Muzzin which was a great value buy on his part.

• Upvote 2