The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] if Podkolzin is available at 10 do we take him

If Podkolzin is available at 10 do we take him?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, hammertime said:

Was just pulling your chain. I was really high on Sieder pumping his tires all season in the draft thread. I still didnt expect him to go that high. Who scouts Germany?

With Seider and Draisaitl, gonna have to start putting some respect on Germany's name. I was growing on Seider at 10 as time went on but I still coveted Soderstrom or one of Krebs, Boldy, Zegras and to a very limited extent Pod, cause I didn't think he'd fall to us, more than Seider at 10. I am not afraid to admit when my assessments are off though. Seider if anything was gonna be the under the radar gem of the draft. Looks like Detroit has the stones to take the plunge. Can't wait to see how he turns out. My ass gonna end up in someone's sig for doubting Seider at 10. LOL.

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

With Seider and Draisaitl, gonna have to start putting some respect on Germany's name. I was growing on Seider at 10 as time went on but I still coveted Soderstrom or one of Krebs, Boldy, Zegras and to a very limited extent Pod, cause I didn't think he'd fall to us, more than Seider at 10. I am not afraid to admit when my assessments are off though. Seider if anything was gonna be the under the radar gem of the draft. Looks like Detroit has the stones to take the plunge. Can't wait to see how he turns out. My ass gonna end up in someone's sig for doubting Seider at 10. LOL.

I suppose this is where the rumor began that JB was trying to move up to 6th. 

Just now, hammertime said:

I suppose this is where the rumor began that JB was trying to move up to 6th. 

It made perfect sense that Van and Detroit would swap picks given who they likely wanted. I am guessing Benning was banking on one of Zegras or Podkolzin being around at 10 though with the way the draft was going and decided moving up wasn't worth it to give up a 2nd rounder. Yzerman probably had a feeling Holland was eyeing Seider at 8 too. Both parties were likely fine nixing a deal. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 9:49 AM, N7Nucks said:

The more I read up on this kid the more I doubt he'd even get that far down the list. Lol. I'd be surprised if he's around at 6/7 let alone 10. If he's on the board at 10 I probably sprint to the podium to call his name.

Deja vu....