The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Bowen Byram

If Byram slips to number 4 Canucks should do everything in there power to trade up. There is no way he is getting past the kings or red wings. Guy is a beast and a big dman needed heavily in this market. Swap picks plus Hutton who Avs where after at the deadline  +++ whatever it takes to get him him virtannen,Gaudette and Demko all pieces that should be considered especially with expansion looming. Avs still have another 1st rounder and are in a win now mode. Benning should be all over this especially to make a splash in Vancouver. This should be the major topic of conversation until the draft approaches especially after the price Elsa Lindell just got Hutton going to be asking for 5 mill possibly more per year.

Thoughts Guys.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Johny Manziel said:

If Byram slips to number 4 Canucks should do everything in there power to trade up. There is no way he is getting past the kings or red wings. Guy is a beast and a big dman needed heavily in this market. Swap picks plus Hutton who Avs where after at the deadline  +++ whatever it takes to get him him virtannen,Gaudette and Demko all pieces that should be considered especially with expansion looming. Avs still have another 1st rounder and are in a win now mode. Benning should be all over this especially to make a splash in Vancouver. This should be the major topic of conversation until the draft approaches especially after the price Elsa Lindell just got Hutton going to be asking for 5 mill possibly more per year.

Thoughts Guys.

6'0" 194 doesn't really strike me as big. He is a fantastically talented player that I would love the Canucks to draft as he is a multi-faceted weapon that any team would die for. I think his skating, stick work, composure and hockey IQ are what makes him such a great prospect to target, not his size, as that is pretty average.

I'd be fine with Hutton and Gaudette and the 10 OA going to Colorado for the chance to draft Byram. Demko, I figure, is going to be a cornerstone for the Canucks, so he's too important of a piece to give up, and Virtanen, if he can put it all together, is another solid piece.

• Upvote 2

ya for 4th id offer 10th hutton a 2nd and dipietro draft byram but who knows what they do  i dont wanna trade demko or virtanen or juolevi id also consider trading tryamkins rights out east  to caps  or isles or toronto for a mid to late first so we can draft seider 

Just now, canuktravella said:

ya for 4th id offer 10th hutton a 2nd and dipietro draft byram but who knows what they do  i dont wanna trade demko or virtanen or juolevi id also consider trading tryamkins rights out east  to caps  or isles or toronto for a mid to late first so we can draft seider 

i actually think byram might go 2nd or 3rd  so we might not even get him if we draft at 4th

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

i actually think byram might go 2nd or 3rd  so we might not even get him if we draft at 4th

I think 3rd; I don't see him passing Hughes or Kakko. But with what he did in the WHL playoffs...oh yeah.

Do you think Bowen is worth this years' 1st...and next years 1st?

8 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

I think 3rd; I don't see him passing Hughes or Kakko. But with what he did in the WHL playoffs...oh yeah.

Do you think Bowen is worth this years' 1st...and next years 1st?

Don't think so... according to this chart, Canucks would basically have to win the cup next year for that swap to be considered fair value. 

http://statsportsconsulting.com/main/wp-content/uploads/Schuckers_NHL_Draftchart.pdf

1 hour ago, Johny Manziel said:

Thoughts Guys.

Image result for cool story bro meme

He's not slipping past Chicago he's Keith's replacement and the way they see it, Keith can take him under his tutelage the way the Sedins were supposed to take Petey under their tutelage. This word makes me cringe. The whole sentiment that Keith would tutor a good BC kid makes me cringe.

But I just don't see us or anyone prying that pick out of Chicago's vice grip.

• Cheers 1

I’m not giving up any assets to move to 3 or 4 to draft Byram.  We are likely to take a D man at 10 ( Broberg or Seider) who could certainly become better than Byram.  It’s not like Byram is a sure bet to be great like Quinn Hughes.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

That's a good idea but cañ we hàndle his cap hit for four more years? 

We definitely can, but we'd need to be decisive. We would have to do something with Eriksson almost immediately and then our cap situation would be pretty much the same as it is right now. I've never really trusted Benning to manage our cap, but landing Byram would be a game changer. 

Seabrook would also have to agree to the deal and we'd waste a protection slot on him in the expansion draft. Not to mention possibly the worst contract in hockey for 5 more years.

That's a tough ask even to land Byram.