Sign in to follow this  
nucklehead

Crazy in Alabama

4 hours ago, Kragar said:

I never said there was any.  My point was, give it time, it could happen.

I think that's as far a stretch as those in favor of the right to bear arms to include the right of every citizen to have a mini-nuke device as being a possibility if the NRA had their way.  But that's just my opinion.

This thread should be renamed to Crazy in CDC.

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Careful, don't stretch this situation too far.

Assuming Jimmy's post is accurate (I have no reason to assume otherwise), we're talking about 1% of women here.  Odds are, if you were a woman, abortion laws wouldn't affect you one way or the other.

the numbers are good, the Lancet is one of the most respected medical journals and the other info is WHO.

I'm not sure I get your point about it just being 1% of women... how is that relevant? 

4 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Careful, don't stretch this situation too far

I'm not sure why you're saying that but being careful might be good advice for some of those unwanted pregnancies. 

Didn't mean to offend and don't want to derail. But I am allowed to say I don't think this is an equal world at all yet, but that's another thread.

Just now, Kushman said:

I don't know why you keep going back to this. I just admitted that it was a mistake on my part to call an abortion in the ninth month of pregnancy and abortion of a 9 month old baby. You're attacking a grammatical mistake instead of addressing the point I was making. 

I was looking for clarity on your statement. You finally provided it. 

Personally, I don’t think that terminating pregnancy as late as the third trimester is ever a good idea. If the child has developed complications that would inhibit it’s life, and potentially harm the mother in the process, I think it would have to happen. It would be tragic, but would make sense. That being said, I’ve not had to deal with such an ordeal, or any other that ended in an abortion. 

I don’t think that the average woman who has had one walked out and was happy about it. It’s not that simple. I think many live with it forever. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think that's as far a stretch as those in favor of the right to bear arms to include the right of every citizen to have a mini-nuke device as being a possibility if the NRA had their way.  But that's just my opinion.

Yes, my first example is hopefully a very big stretch, and fortunately I have never heard anyone advocate it.  The second one, I'm not so sure.  IIRC, the recent Virginia law discussed wouldn't prevent it from happening.  You would think that if it is such a distasteful act that it could be included in the law?

My purpose was to show the slippery slope, and that we are closer to one extreme than the other.  And I'll add, based on other comments I've made today, if the majority of people want something in the middle, but pro-abortion stances keep moving further away from this middle ground (third trimester, for starters), don't be shocked when those more extreme in the other direction fight back, like Alabama is attempting.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Yes, my first example is hopefully a very big stretch, and fortunately I have never heard anyone advocate it.  The second one, I'm not so sure.  IIRC, the recent Virginia law discussed wouldn't prevent it from happening.  You would think that if it is such a distasteful act that it could be included in the law?

My purpose was to show the slippery slope, and that we are closer to one extreme than the other.  And I'll add, based on other comments I've made today, if the majority of people want something in the middle, but pro-abortion stances keep moving further away from this middle ground (third trimester, for starters), don't be shocked when those more extreme in the other direction fight back, like Alabama is attempting.

Unfortunately that's the state of that country as it is.  Compromise is a four letter word and that leads to extreme positions.  Barry Goldwater would be rolling in his grave is he saw what was going on.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Been waiting for some guy to come along and post that...unfeckingbelievable.... And the guy's choice could have been to keep his dick in his pants or his hand or abstain or cover it.:rolleyes:

true however killing a baby as a form of birth control cannot be justified

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hansman said:

true however killing a baby as a form of birth control cannot be justified

you'd make that point better without leading with your 1st comment, it makes you look... well you can probably figure out the options. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If she was raped? Maybe it’s not as simple as that. And it takes two to make a baby? I’m guessing you’re one of those guys that isn’t that popular with the ladies. 

personal attacks? really, well I have been happily married for twelve years, got two great children, all after my wife miscarried twice, it was awful by the way.  but back to the topic, the small percent of rape victims using the abortion method, maybe slightly I could agree with, however using abortion as an after thought form of birth control is asinine. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm not sure why you're saying that but being careful might be good advice for some of those unwanted pregnancies. 

Didn't mean to offend and don't want to derail. But I am allowed to say I don't think this is an equal world at all yet, but that's another thread.

Women can be careful all they want... What if they're raped? Now keep the kid? That should work well...

Her body her choice, period!!

You're right this world is not equal. There was a story about an aboriginal girl who was essentially raped, did not consent and the police asked her if she was stimulated...wtf is that?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I highly doubt his dick has ever left his hand based on his handle. 

look pal I have already replied to your attacks on me, OMG I have a different opinion as you cuck baby killers, i must be a single guy right, would that be akin to me saying oh Blunt likes to kill the unborn perhaps he/she gay? 

Just now, Hansman said:

personal attacks? really, well I have been happily married for twelve years, got two great children, all after my wife miscarried twice, it was awful by the way.  but back to the topic, the small percent of rape victims using the abortion method, maybe slightly I could agree with, however using abortion as an after thought form of birth control is asinine. 

Not all women who have abortions are having them 'as an after thought form of birth control'. But hey, let's punish ALL women who get pregnant and for whatever reason, are not ready to carry a pregnancy to term.If that's not blatant misogyny then I don't know what is. There are MANY reasons women choose abortion.... and the decision is NOT made lightly....

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hansman said:

look pal I have already replied to your attacks on me, OMG I have a different opinion as you cuck baby killers, i must be a single guy right, would that be akin to me saying oh Blunt likes to kill the unborn perhaps he/she gay? 

You really need to get over yourself and the high horse you're riding on... "baby killers"???? You disgust me.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
Just now, Ryan Strome said:

So if people want to make rules for womens bodies can we snip all the dead beat dads so they can't reproduce?

Brilliant! ::D 

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, Hansman said:

Did you just call me a cuck baby killer?

Just now, Cerridwen said:

Not all women who have abortions are having them 'as an after thought form of birth control'. But hey, let's punish ALL women who get pregnant and for whatever reason, are not ready to carry a pregnancy to term.If that's not blatant misogyny then I don't know what is. There are MANY reasons women choose abortion.... and the decision is NOT made lightly....

I have agreed in certain cases it may be able to be justified. I get that it must be a hard decision, and one that I would never want to make, however I do believe in many of the cases there probably is a far better option