The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Caufield or Podkolzin

Rate this topic

SuperJr

When the Canucks are up to pick 10th overall, and both Caufield and Podkolzin are still on the board, who would you rather us take? Caufield or Podkolzin?

Podkolzin was labeled as a cant miss prospect just behind Hughes and Kakko, suddenly saw its stock dropped out of top 3, then top 5, now suddenly on some list out of the top 10. 

On the opposite end, we have Caufield who wasnt event consider a 1st round pick early in the year who have soared up the ranking top a top 10 ranking and some have him in the top 5.

Which player would you take a chance?

Screenshot_20190518-190218_Samsung Internet.jpg

So...... 

I doubt Podz drops to 10, but if he is there, I would be very hesitant to pass on him.  

Not the same level and the rankings beyond the top 2 are going to be variable and very hard to predict.  

Wait and see.  

In this hypothetical, if it was between the two, I'd easily take Podkolzin.

Even if he doesn't hit his ceiling of being a surefire top six stud, he has the necessary tools to become a very useful complementary/role player.  Caufield has the biggest potential to become elite but if it isn't producing offensively, there isn't a whole lot to his game outside of scoring to contribute to.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

If these are the only two options -Podkolzin. 

Cole Caufield worries me. He's small but he's slow for his size. 

Podkolzin is a pitbull, high end offensive awareness, great two-way game and lightning quick hands. He also has the knack for showing up in big games. 6'1, 190lbs. Good size, will fill out more and add muscle. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

No way I'm drafting a guy even smaller than Little Johnny...

Podkolzin oozes high end talent.  If he's available at 10 I run to the podium.  Could be the next Jim Benning steal of the draft.

If Podkolzin is sitting there at 7 or 8 I can already hear Benning saying "Why isn't anyone taking Podkolzin?"

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Frankly I doubt either are available.

Podkolzin and Boldy just seem like the perfect players to complement what we have.

I really don't worry to much about size and suspect someone will take Caufield before we do.  That kind of skill would be great to get and we need a lot more of it.  

I see Pod and Boldy as the perfect guys that could slot in on one of our top 2 lines, Caufield looks like a guy you need to build a line around.  Couldn't really play him with Brock and Pettey, and Bo gets a lot of tough matchups.

Fun problem to have.  I hope one of the three slides to us.

Edited by DrJockitch

Broberg was a big part of the gold winning team...can't ignore that or can't go wrong with that at 10...unless he is another bust (lol)..."D" wins championships...our "D" is sad at the moment.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1