The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR

So some may know EA sports lost the licencing or something to make PGA games anymore, and another company decided to take on the PGA Golf games. I always liked the Tiger Woods games, but never liked them after they removed him from the cover. This year I decided to check out what they had for Golf again, so found out this information and checked out The Golf Club 2019 they were asking like $70 and I said screw it not worth it to try out a new company game. 

But.....

This month the game is free on Xbox One for Gold Members, and it's only like 6GB size, just thought anyone who didn't want to buy it or has forgotten about Golf games here's a good opportunity to try out this new company one and really see going forward if they're worth it or not.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So some may know EA sports lost the licencing or something to make PGA games anymore, and another company decided to take on the PGA Golf games. I always liked the Tiger Woods games, but never liked them after they removed him from the cover. This year I decided to check out what they had for Golf again, so found out this information and checked out The Golf Club 2019 they were asking like $70 and I said screw it not worth it to try out a new company game. 

But.....

This month the game is free on Xbox One for Gold Members, and it's only like 6GB size, just thought anyone who didn't want to buy it or has forgotten about Golf games here's a good opportunity to try out this new company one and really see going forward if they're worth it or not.

Thanks Chuck but now I am sure there will be someone noting a concern that Juolevi is playing this instead of rehabbing.   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Are golf games on console really all that fun? I am genuinely curious. I love the sport but have trouble imagining a video game version being enjoyable. I love exploration games. Heavy into Skyrim and Witcher

When it used to be Tiger Woods it used to be a lot of fun, that's kind of why I was interested to check it out, but haven't played the new one yet just downloaded it so far. But I do believe you have to enjoy playing some sports games, like hockey, madden, basketball, baseball if you don't play any of those chances are you may not enjoy sports games, but hey you never know until you try. I'm not a fan of golf but I found the games on the console fun.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:02 PM, I.Am.Ironman said:

Are golf games on console really all that fun? I am genuinely curious. I love the sport but have trouble imagining a video game version being enjoyable. I love exploration games. Heavy into Skyrim and Witcher

The last one I had was a few years ago.  EA's Rory McIlroy edition.  The driving, irons and chipping were fine, but putting would drive me crazy.  I really gave the game a fair try but gave up after a while.  It was just so frustrating to play.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:02 PM, I.Am.Ironman said:

Actually yes they are. I was very skeptical until I played Tiger Woods 2003 (best golf game ever!!!). It had a nice mix of realism and over the top, but a very very fun game to play with buddies. Sinking 30 foot putts and double eagle on par 5s were always a blast. I've only tried the tutorial of Golf Club, it seems like an OK game, especially for a free game

On 5/20/2019 at 9:47 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

When it used to be Tiger Woods it used to be a lot of fun, that's kind of why I was interested to check it out, but haven't played the new one yet just downloaded it so far. But I do believe you have to enjoy playing some sports games, like hockey, madden, basketball, baseball if you don't play any of those chances are you may not enjoy sports games, but hey you never know until you try. I'm not a fan of golf but I found the games on the console fun.

Tiger Woods games are really fun if you're playing with buddies beside you. When you'd make a great shot, there would be a heartbeat noise and the controller would rumble. Just absolutely over the top hole in ones, over the bridge, hits a rock, off the flag, in the cup LOL

15 hours ago, goalie13 said:

The last one I had was a few years ago.  EA's Rory McIlroy edition.  The driving, irons and chipping were fine, but putting would drive me crazy.  I really gave the game a fair try but gave up after a while.  It was just so frustrating to play.

I got that game as well, sucks that career mode doesn't create any new golfers so it gets old really quick.  I hated the spin on those games, like who can change a spin of a ball while it's mid-air lol?  I would disable it.  

Why can't we get a decent Tennis or Boxing game?  The latest tennis games are god awful and I haven't seen a decent boxing game since the next gen consoles came out.  

19 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Why can't we get a decent Tennis or Boxing game?  The latest tennis games are god awful and I haven't seen a decent boxing game since the next gen consoles came out.  

Here's the last decent boxing game I played...

Image result for atari 2600 boxing  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Tiger Woods games are really fun if you're playing with buddies beside you. When you'd make a great shot, there would be a heartbeat noise and the controller would rumble. Just absolutely over the top hole in ones, over the bridge, hits a rock, off the flag, in the cup LOL

Yeah the game was dope, wish they were the same like that. Spam the A button to get 120% power lol, put some crazy spins on it in the air before it lands, then watch the screen zoom in on the ball before it goes in for a hole in one lol.

So I finally played this new one today and since I've never played a golf game since Tiger Woods, this was a little different, and it's made by 2K. I miss hitting the button to generate boost or spin the ball while it's in the air, it's all based off your shot technique now which makes it much tougher. The driving is okay could be better like Tiger used to be, the chipping is so so definitely doable with practice, but the putting omg the putting is horrible in this game, now I know why it's free lol. Definitely will try and practice the putting aspect some more and see if I can get a better feel for it, there's just no limit for setting your max out at anymore by the looks of it, so you really need to know the balance of your putting strength from practicing by the looks of it with your joystick. Also found the commentary to be a little boring. The graphics, club selection, choices of shots, fades, all are good, definitely will try it again and see if I can improve in some areas, but if I can't get this putting down the game will not be enjoyable.

Update:

Decided to play online after and it's getting better, my putting is actually improving and I'm now beating others online, still not easy but little more enjoyable.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

10 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So I finally played this new one today and since I've never played a golf game since Tiger Woods, this was a little different, and it's made by 2K. I miss hitting the button to generate boost or spin the ball while it's in the air, it's all based off your shot technique now which makes it much tougher. The driving is okay could be better like Tiger used to be, the chipping is so so definitely doable with practice, but the putting omg the putting is horrible in this game, now I know why it's free lol. Definitely will try and practice the putting aspect some more and see if I can get a better feel for it, there's just no limit for setting your max out at anymore by the looks of it, so you really need to know the balance of your putting strength from practicing by the looks of it with your joystick. Also found the commentary to be a little boring. The graphics, club selection, choices of shots, fades, all are good, definitely will try it again and see if I can improve in some areas, but if I can't get this putting down the game will not be enjoyable.

How's the career mode if there is one?  Do golfers compete in real time during tourneys and do they make new golfers(guess that might require a lot of simming to find out)?

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

How's the career mode if there is one?  Do golfers compete in real time during tourneys and do they make new golfers(guess that might require a lot of simming to find out)?

Just played an exhibition game to get used to the controls, I was a +8 after the 1st hole lol. Finished the 18 hole round +11 got the hang of it a bit after. 

I played the 1 exhibition game, then went right to online, lost my first game online only 9 holes on head to head, then I won my next 2 games online, then tried team 2vs2 and won 2/3 with random people. 

My putting is actually improving, still tough though, but getting the hang of it making some longer putts now, now I need to figure out how to get my spins better off my chip shots on green.

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Just played an exhibition game to get used to the controls, I was a +8 after the 1st hole lol. Finished the 18 hole round +11 got the hang of it a bit after. 

I played the 1 exhibition game, then went right to online, lost my first game online only 9 holes on head to head, then I won my next 2 games online, then tried team 2vs2 and won 2/3 with random people. 

My putting is actually improving, still tough though, but getting the hang of it making some longer putts now, now I need to figure out how to get my spins better off my chip shots on green.

how did you play it for free? was it on the pc i assume? Always liked the TW games, yes unrealistic spin but it was fun, wish they had more courses in the earlier games I remember playing.

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

how did you play it for free? was it on the pc i assume? Always liked the TW games, yes unrealistic spin but it was fun, wish they had more courses in the earlier games I remember playing.

Nope Xbox One gold membership free game this month! But yes the TW games were really fun, that's the point of games they're supposed to be fun ;)

55 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Nope Xbox One gold membership free game this month! But yes the TW games were really fun, that's the point of games they're supposed to be fun ;)

darn, newest system i got is ps3