The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR

On 5/22/2019 at 9:23 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah the game was dope, wish they were the same like that. Spam the A button to get 120% power lol, put some crazy spins on it in the air before it lands, then watch the screen zoom in on the ball before it goes in for a hole in one lol.

This intro pretty much tells you how 2004 Tiger woods was! hahah I didn't like the subsequent versions after as EA tried to make the Tiger Woods series more serious and traditional. 2004 TW was just flat out fun to play, it had enough simulation and right amount of fantasy with the wacky course layouts and gameplay to make it extremely fun. I actually found a used xbox disc of it a pawn shop for 5$ hoping it would be backwards compatible somewhow in the future.

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2019 at 2:34 AM, filthycanuck said:

This intro pretty much tells you how 2004 Tiger woods was! hahah I didn't like the subsequent versions after as EA tried to make the Tiger Woods series more serious and traditional. 2004 TW was just flat out fun to play, it had enough simulation and right amount of fantasy with the wacky course layouts and gameplay to make it extremely fun. I actually found a used xbox disc of it a pawn shop for 5$ hoping it would be backwards compatible somewhow in the future.

Lol that was funny nice.

Regarding the backwards compatibility that's a hard one to say, because I remember when Tiger had his little incident and then EA dropped him from the cover they also shut down all online play for those games he was on, they basically removed it all, now EA has nothing with PGA anymore and had to shut down all their online stuff completely. I sadly just don't see it happening, but again you never know.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

14 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Lol that was funny nice.

Regarding the backwards compatibility that's a hard one to say, because I remember when Tiger had his little incident and then EA dropped him from the cover they also shut down all online play for those games he was on, they basically removed it all, now EA has nothing with PGA anymore and had to shut down all their online stuff completely. I sadly just don't see it happening, but again you never know.

Yeah Rory McIlroy EA game apprently was awful! Even with Golf club 2019, they need to make golf games not too serious. Golf itself is already a niche sport that people love to play, but absolutely a hassle to watch live or on TV. Making golf games for the masses with PGA licensing and be just simple will do them some good. My buddies that played Tiger back then wouldn't even CONSIDER playing a golf game and were just ardent NHL, Madden, NBA Live players, once they played Tiger Woods, they couldn't stop playing

• Upvote 1