The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Refs haven’t called like 5 penalties on Boston there’s really no point in trying to deny that. 

Missed calls by the Blues too. Either the game is too fast or the refs aren't good enough. It is something that desperately needs to be addressed. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Really, no call on the Blues on that hit from behind..... face it officiating is currently lacklustre at best. 

Well they lowered their standards in this game for calls, so it should be the same on both sides, so fans will call for it when they see it.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

So we can both agree that Sutherland is unfit for employment.  Enjoyed seeing McAvoy drilled there after the cheapshot on Schenn that wasn't called.

Sutherland and Peel both could be replaced imo. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Sutherland and Peel both could be replaced imo. 

Agree on Peel.  Just garbage.  The NHL should go back to 1 ref since they don't have enough refs capable or willing to do the job properly.  Put someone up in the booth and allow them to review for obvious missed stuff.  Every other pro sports league has embraced technology; why can't hockey?  Get the damn call right and take a TV timeout if you have to.  Willing to sit through more commercials if it means getting it right.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Some weak ass calls getting the Bruins back in the game, from there they just swarmed the Blues.

Blues won the 1st, Bruins won the 2nd. Anyone's game in the third. 

I'd expect the Blues to get a few PP's in the 3rd. But they are playing Boston, so you never know. 

Jacobs likes an orderly Board of Directors. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Agree on Peel.  Just garbage.  The NHL should go back to 1 ref since they don't have enough refs capable or willing to do the job properly.  Put someone up in the booth and allow them to review for obvious missed stuff.  Every other pro sports league has embraced technology; why can't hockey?  Get the damn call right and take a TV timeout if you have to.  Willing to sit through more commercials if it means getting it right.

The NHL embraced technology years ago. That puck with the tracer was really high tech. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Just wrong on so many accounts, the real question is how do you call yourself a Canuck fan then....

Well I started liking the Bruins in 1990 because of Cam Neely, Adam Oates and Ray Bourque. Cheered for the Canucks over the Bruins in 2011, so my Canucks fandom is perfectly intact. The Bruins aren't playing the Canucks right now, nor do I cheer them when they do. So that is how I call myself a Canucks fan. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The NHL embraced technology years ago. That puck with the tracer was really high tech. 

They had the ref cam but it didn't last long after the league realized it could be used to hold refs accountable for "not seeing" something.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

So cheering for a team I like is trolling? I know the world has gotten soft as hell, but please. 

Honestly, I say go for it. I can’t deny the skill the Bruins have and the ability to step up on the playoffs. Claiming that the reffing is “fair and unbiased” and that the Bruins don’t embellish is a stretch. Go ahead and cheer for a team you like, but I’m going to call it the way I see it. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

They had the ref cam but it didn't last long after the league realized it could be used to hold refs accountable for "not seeing" something.

If they wanted an accurate ref cam, they’d pull the power from it. 

• Haha 1