Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Some weak ass calls getting the Bruins back in the game, from there they just swarmed the Blues.

Blues won the 1st, Bruins won the 2nd. Anyone's game in the third. 

I'd expect the Blues to get a few PP's in the 3rd. But they are playing Boston, so you never know. 

I missed most of the 1st period so I didn't see the penalties then, but the calls in the 2nd were easy calls stick to the face, and cross check in a dangerous spot. 1 Missed call on Schenn, 1 missed call on McAvoy. 

42 missed calls on the Bruins by Heffy’s count as the Bruin trainer did sneeze a couple dozen times and that is hazardous to the Blues health. 

3 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Honestly, I say go for it. I can’t deny the skill the Bruins have and the ability to step up on the playoffs. Claiming that the reffing is “fair and unbiased” and that the Bruins don’t embellish is a stretch. Go ahead and cheer for a team you like, but I’m going to call it the way I see it. 

Just as I'm going to call it like I see it when a player gets cross checked from behind into the boards and someone cries dive, I’m going to call him on it. 

EVERY team dives and until the NHL grows a spine and calls the dive only, it will continue. The Sedins, Kesler, Hansen, Burrows all dove their way to the final too. So it's not like the Canucks have been innocent of it too. 

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Just as I'm going to call it like I see it when a player gets cross checked from behind into the boards and someone cries dive, I’m going to call him on it. 

EVERY team dives and until the NHL grows a spine and calls the dive only, it will continue. The Sedins, Kesler, Hansen, Burrows all dove their way to the final too. So it's not like the Canucks have been innocent of it too. 

So you and I can agree that only the dive should be called?

Just now, King Heffy said:

So you and I can agree that only the dive should be called?

When a dive actually takes place, yes.

I’ll agree with you in principle, and Kesler and Burrows certainly prove your point well. Calling the Sedins out for diving though, really?  I recall watching them get slashed, tripped and punched in the face with no call. They were all class. Some say too soft, but divers, I’m going to continue with, “if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck...might be a duck.”  Perhaps the bruins chat room needs a new member?

• Upvote 4

Just now, Amebushi said:

I’ll agree with you in principle, and Kesler and Burrows certainly prove your point well. Calling the Sedins out for diving though, really?  I recall watching them get slashed, tripped and punched in the face with no call. They were all class. Some say too soft, but divers, I’m going to continue with, “if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck...might be a duck.”  Perhaps the bruins chat room needs a new member?

No, the Sedins had their moments diving. I agree they took their share of abuse as well though. But they weren't squeaky clean on the diving end. The Sedins and Hansen are on the low end of divers we had though I will say that. Kesler and Burrows were downright embarrassing at times though. 

• Upvote 1

damn didnt even notice the shot difference, gotta get going blues.

Lucky break for the Blues was Perron who knocked off the blocker. 

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Didn't look like it was intentional.... Lol give me a break

Yeah no, that was 100% intentional :lol:

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Didn't look like it was intentional.... Lol give me a break

"intentionally on purpose"

• Upvote 1

f************ck, blues aint gunna win like this.

No, the Sedins had their moments diving. I agree they took their share of abuse as well though. But they weren't squeaky clean on the diving end. The Sedins and Hansen are on the low end of divers we had though I will say that. Kesler and Burrows were downright embarrassing at times though. 

I can’t argue that at all, I’m all for having a pest or two but they crossed the line too many times. On a note in this game, if the Blues can’t change something here quickly it won’t matter what the refs do...Boston is just out playing them 

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

Blues have been absolutely run over the last period and a bit 

Edited by Coconuts