The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 12:00 AM

30 minutes ago, Gäz said:

So. Happy.

Happy for Del Zotto. Happy for Bouwmeester even; always nice to see someone leave Calgary and win. Also nice to see a team with 0 prior Stanley Cups become all-new champs. It is great for the league.

I wonder how MDZ really feels.  Unless the statsheets are wrong, he didn't contribute on-ice, and doesn't get his name on the cup.  I would guess he doesn't get a ring, but not sure.

Obviously fun to be part of it, but knowing you don't really belong is a hard feeling.

39 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I wonder how MDZ really feels.  Unless the statsheets are wrong, he didn't contribute on-ice, and doesn't get his name on the cup.  I would guess he doesn't get a ring, but not sure.

Obviously fun to be part of it, but knowing you don't really belong is a hard feeling.

I've thought about that too, and yeah, it must be strange and a little deflating knowing you were kind of just along for the ride. He seems like a pretty well grounded guy though, so I'm sure he's just soaking in the good stuff not letting that bother him too much. I would imagine it being an exciting experience nonetheless, just being around that group.

Happy for Pat Maroon too. Winning the cup with your hometown team is a dream for any hockey kid. Total 180 for him, from the disaster that is the Oilers (and Devils, I guess) to... That. Also seems like a pretty good guy from the interviews I've seen.

47 minutes ago, Kragar said:

MDZ only played 7 regular season games for the Blues and 0 playoff games, so I don't think he is linked to winning anything. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Gäz said:

I've thought about that too, and yeah, it must be strange and a little deflating knowing you were kind of just along for the ride. He seems like a pretty well grounded guy though, so I'm sure he's just soaking in the good stuff not letting that bother him too much. I would imagine it being an exciting experience nonetheless, just being around that group.

Happy for Pat Maroon too. Winning the cup with your hometown team is a dream for any hockey kid. Total 180 for him, from the disaster that is the Oilers (and Devils, I guess) to... That. Also seems like a pretty good guy from the interviews I've seen.

Absolutely exciting.

Gotta be nice for Maroon, but as a Canuck fan, I never liked him much, esp when he was a Duck.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Take a look at my username before you question whether I actually play the game or not...  :)

your real name is reek, to boston fandom's ramsay. You want to bow your head to their fans for some strange reason, that's your thing. But its pretty much only you abiding by that weird rule.

Edited by butters

1 minute ago, butters said:

your real name is reek, to boston fandom's ramsay. You want to bow your head to their fans for some strange reason, that's your thing. But its pretty much only you abiding by that weird rule.

No you are misunderstanding what I am saying.  We LOST to Boston in game 7 of the final, so to ridicule them for doing the same thing is kinda stupid.  Especially when they actually won the Cup against us when we've never actually won the Cup.  Now another team has won a Cup for the first time so we are on the short list of teams that have never won, which is actually quite depressing. 

I understand the hate on Marchand, I couldn't give a crap about him either way, but for Canucks fans to laugh at Boston for blowing a game 7 at home is kinda laughable to me since we have never won a Cup and lost twice in the finals in game 7.  That's all I'm saying.  But if you and the others wanna go ahead and get your kicks out of another team losing game 7 go for it, I don't really care one way or another.  

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No you are misunderstanding what I am saying.  We LOST to Boston in game 7 of the final, so to ridicule them for doing the same thing is kinda stupid.  Especially when they actually won the Cup against us when we've never actually won the Cup.  Now another team has won a Cup for the first time so we are on the short list of teams that have never won, which is actually quite depressing. 

I understand the hate on Marchand, I couldn't give a crap about him either way, but for Canucks fans to laugh at Boston for blowing a game 7 at home is kinda laughable to me since we have never won a Cup and lost twice in the finals in game 7.  That's all I'm saying.  But if you and the others wanna go ahead and get your kicks out of another team losing game 7 go for it, I don't really care one way or another.  

I think you're not understanding. That fans are happy that Boston lost a game 7 on home ice. Which is what happened to Vancouver, by the same team. Yes, it sucks we've never won a cup. Maybe it will help our fans put 2011 behind us. And look forward to us seeing the Canucks win the cup. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think you're not understanding. That fans are happy that Boston lost a game 7 on home ice. Which is what happened to Vancouver, by the same team. Yes, it sucks we've never won a cup. Maybe it will help our fans put 2011 behind us. And look forward to us seeing the Canucks win the cup. 

Yes Canucks fans are happy that Boston lost game 7 at home.  I get it.  But we did the same thing while never winning a Cup, while Boston actually won the Cup against us.  It's really depressing to know that the only joy in Canucks fans is to watch Boston choke in game 7.  I wish we had something more to cheer about.  Maybe in a few years we will.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes Canucks fans are happy that Boston lost game 7 at home.  I get it.  But we did the same thing while never winning a Cup, while Boston actually won the Cup against us.  It's really depressing to know that the only joy in Canucks fans is to watch Boston choke in game 7.  I wish we had something more to cheer about.  Maybe in a few years we will.  

EP40 will lead us to the promised land. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The only joy? Serious? Your myopic view of this situation is misguided. Canucks fans have a lot to be happy about. Horvat, Petterson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, Stecher, Juolevi, the upcoming 10th overall, a massive amount of cap space, a coach that the players (minus Eriksson) like to play for, a general manager who's done a great job of restocking the prospect cupboard.

Seeing Boston lose on home ice is a small, albeit, great feeling. The sense of entitlement they seemed to have this postseason was nauseating, and the woe is me BS they're floating now is equally so.

Here's an article from some Bruin sycophant at Sports Illustrated: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/bruins-stanley-cup-loss-a-sobering-experience-for-boston-fans/ar-AACP6Ob?ocid=ientp

Not that this idiot takes a shot (shocker) at Vancouver.

Maybe once the leftover players/d-bags from the 2011 team are shuffled of elsewhere, the feeing will change. At best, the animosity is pretty latent these days.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 2

for me 2011 was eons ago and why hold grudges. I actually did not like either team, but  I think I was more disgusted with the way the Stanley cup playoffs was played this season,  the refs were horrible , some players played really dirty and were allowed to get away with it. the Caps winning last year was the most exciting in some  years.  

52 minutes ago, Qwags said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=bb5d22b764914745Screenshot_2019-06-13-10-18-32.thumb.png.65bcacdcc77ab4634a7e718ac5b4fc4b.png

I think my eyes just rolled out of their sockets.

Much like how the Bruins won the Cup against a decimated Vancouver team that was on the brink of having to prep for Nolan Baumgartner or Yann Sauve to be in the lineup.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bree2 said:

for me 2011 was eons ago and why hold grudges. I actually did not like either team, but  I think I was more disgusted with the way the Stanley cup playoffs was played this season,  the refs were horrible , some players played really dirty and were allowed to get away with it. the Caps winning last year was the most exciting in some  years.  

Nah. Blues winning was fuc*ing amazing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1