The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The only joy? Serious? Your myopic view of this situation is misguided. Canucks fans have a lot to be happy about. Horvat, Petterson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, Stecher, Juolevi, the upcoming 10th overall, a massive amount of cap space, a coach that the players (minus Eriksson) like to play for, a general manager who's done a great job of restocking the prospect cupboard.

Seeing Boston lose on home ice is a small, albeit, great feeling. The sense of entitlement they seemed to have this postseason was nauseating, and woe is me BS their floating now is equally so.

Here's an article from some Bruin sycophant at Sports Illustrated: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/bruins-stanley-cup-loss-a-sobering-experience-for-boston-fans/ar-AACP6Ob?ocid=ientp

Not that this idiot takes a shot (shocker) at Vancouver.

Maybe once the leftover players/d-bags from the 2011 team are shuffled of elsewhere, the feeing will change. At best, the animosity is pretty latent these days.

My friend I was in the Coliseum when we lost game 4 to the Islanders.  So this has been a long and frustrating journey for me and a lot of posters I am sure.  So I don't see my views as being myopic, it's more a 38 year frustration of watching our team choke in the playoffs and not seeing that Cup being raised.  Now I had to watch another team that has never won a Cup hoist that Cup this year, so my frustration is even worse.  This is why I get no joy in laughing at Boston who actually beat us in game 7 eight years ago.  It's not funny to me at all.  I couldn't care less about Marchand either, he is not a player I follow or give a rats a** about really.

Sure we have lots to look forward to.  We had a lot to look forward to with Bure and Linden as well, and Naslund and Bertuzzi, and the Sedins and even Smyl and Gradin.  At some point we need to put it all together and win a Cup.  Maybe BO, Petey, Brock and Quinn will be those guys.  I guess we have some hope.  But as of right now we are still a lottery team and St. Louis just won the Cup for the first time.  So I am not jumping up and down at their success nor do I care that Boston lost at home in game 7 and Marchand is crying.  I've been crying for 38 years, when will my tears stop???

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Watching the game I Thought to myself... Does Boston really want this? Their play  did not show what a hungry team looks like...

Too much ego IMO....I felt like they thought they were better than everyone and assumed they would win.

3 hours ago, Qwags said:

The biggest win out of all of this is that Benning won't have to congradulate the Bruins on winning the Cup at the Draft.

Um, I think Benning is a bruins fan or a Trojan horse from them to set us back even more. How else can you explain all his terrible trades? Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes Canucks fans are happy that Boston lost game 7 at home.  I get it.  But we did the same thing while never winning a Cup, while Boston actually won the Cup against us.  It's really depressing to know that the only joy in Canucks fans is to watch Boston choke in game 7.  I wish we had something more to cheer about.  Maybe in a few years we will.  

Need to get rid of Benning is the first thing we should do if we want to right the ship.

• Wat 1

11 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Um, I think Benning is a bruins fan or a Trojan horse from them to set us back even more. How else can you explain all his terrible trades? Lol

You think the Bruin's are secretly paying JB to ruin our team?  These guys are way to competitive to let themselves get caught in that stuff.  JB wants more  than any of us to be better than the Bruins.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No you are misunderstanding what I am saying.  We LOST to Boston in game 7 of the final, so to ridicule them for doing the same thing is kinda stupid.  Especially when they actually won the Cup against us when we've never actually won the Cup.  Now another team has won a Cup for the first time so we are on the short list of teams that have never won, which is actually quite depressing. 

I understand the hate on Marchand, I couldn't give a crap about him either way, but for Canucks fans to laugh at Boston for blowing a game 7 at home is kinda laughable to me since we have never won a Cup and lost twice in the finals in game 7.  That's all I'm saying.  But if you and the others wanna go ahead and get your kicks out of another team losing game 7 go for it, I don't really care one way or another.  

I don’t know about anyone else here but I cheered against them, yes because I hate them, but I also cheered against them for the sake of the sport.

Chicago was once our bitter rival and despite some missed calls here and there that bit us, they were full credit for stomping us in the playoffs, which is why I never cheered against them during any of their finals. They are a flat out amazing team. Toews is Mr Clutch and Kane is all world skill. Keith a Noris trophy guy in his prime. Seabrook, Hossa, Bolland. I would love the Canucks to look like them one day despite my hate for them.

As for Boston, I truly feel that they did not deserve the cup in 2011. Yes, it takes luck to win a cup and yes some of this might be just sour grapes but I truly believe that their team was nothing special. Fast forward to today and again I feel the same way. Chara is 42, Mcavoy is raw, same age as Juolevi in fact and he hasn’t made the NHL yet, and Krug is more adventurous than Edler with a full green light to pinch anytime he wants. They are also effectively a 1 line team with guys like Coyle and a really old Kreci acting as the 2nd line. Now, if they somehow managed to win two cups with two not so great teams in the span of 10 years. What would that say about the sport? It would say series should be best out of 9 instead of 7 basically.

I would say the same thing if Carolina won shortly after their cup. Or if Tampa won another one they didn’t deserve because everyone knows Calgary had that final in 6 from a obviously good Gelinas goal. 

And like Philip Blunt said, despite me never agreeing with him, the best example of sportsmanship and team play won and that’s great for the sport and the NHL. On the other hand, Boston would be the opposite of great with their connections with the NHL board of governors that give them obvious leeway in a lot of areas like Scheduling, suspensions,  and Officiating. It would have been a huge black eye for this sport if they won. Now, they didn’t get caught red handed like the Patriots but they are about as close to getting caught as you can get without getting caught.

Edited by Tomatoes11
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

And like Philip Blunt said, despite me never agreeing with him, the best example of sportsmanship and team play won and that’s great for the sport and the NHL. On the other hand, Boston would be the opposite of great with their connections with the NHL board of governors that give them obvious leeway in a lot of areas like Scheduling, suspensions,  and Officiating. It would have been a huge black eye for this sport if they won. Now, they didn’t get caught red handed like the Patriots but they are about as close to getting caught as you can get without getting caught.

Looks like we agree on some stuff, Tomatoes11.

I'm hoping this is a end to cheap shot hockey. Get a one goal lead then punch poke and prod the other team into penalties and stretch it into a 2 goal lead.

Playing from behind Boston couldn't get into their cheap chippy mode/after the whistle stuff.

St Louis ignored the little chippy stuff they did try with a 2 goal lead. And I only saw 2 little dives the LOOK right at refs. That stuff was cut down too.