The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Final  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 12:00 AM

10 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Definitely a more respectful view on the matter, probably would of been better to just answer him like that.

But heck I don't even watch Basketball lol

Me and @Smashian Kassian bust each others chops here quite a bit, one of my favourite posters here honestly. I come from the smash mouth ball era and was that type of player when I played lacrosse too one of the reasons I like the Bruins. Some old habits die hard. 

Plus I know smashian will dish it back and not take the discussion personally, We have that respect in that sense. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Me and @Smashian Kassian bust each others chops here quite a bit, one of my favourite posters here honestly. I come from the smash mouth ball era and was that type of player when I played lacrosse too one of the reasons I like the Bruins. Some old habits die hard. 

Plus I know smashian will dish it back and not take the discussion personally, We have that respect in that sense. 

Gotcha fair, my bad then for intervening.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Refs 1.  Blues 0. 

I didn't see the Refs take 38 shots, that was the Bruins. The refs didn't hold the Blues to 3 shots in the 2nd, the Bruins did. Boston was only 1/5 on the PP so giving the refs credit for that win is both weak and disingenuous. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I didn't see the Refs take 38 shots, that was the Bruins. The refs didn't hold the Blues to 3 shots in the 2nd, the Bruins did. Boston was only 1/5 on the PP so giving the refs credit for that win is both weak and disingenuous. 

Get over your self. Cheap calls changed the momentum and set the tone of the game. 

Some day you will see. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Get over your self. Cheap calls changed the momentum and set the tone of the game. 

Some day you will see. 

Gear down big rig the cross check from behind at the bench and the high stick on Backes were legit calls, I missed the first 15 minutes of the first due to work so can't comment on those calls either way as I have yet to see them.

But the calls on St Louis in the second were actual penalties. Missed call on the hit on Schenn immediately followed by a missed call on the hit from behind/boarding on McAvoy. Non call on the mugging of Krug by Perron followed by not calling Krug for holding on Perron. 

The Blues inexperience was showing especially once the Bruins got their legs back in the 2nd.

Edited by canuck73_3

Was looking forward to what I thought would be a good series....but didn't watch beyond the 2nd period.

The filth of Sutherland and Kozari - as certain as death and taxes = not worth wasting any more fury on.  

Disgusting game management - absolutely neutered St Louis - terrible game to watch and worse, the usual graft underlying it.

• Upvote 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to SCF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Bruins lead series 1-0
2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Canucks fans that cheered for Boston because of Toronto, will feel great when Bruins hoist the cup. 

I despise the Bruins, but I can't imagine how insufferable the Toronto media would be with the Laffs AND the Raptors in their respective finals.  

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Refs 1.  Blues 0. 

We must have watched a different game. The calls were not exactly even, but the Blues only played 22 minutes of hockey tonight. For the record, I hate the Bruins and the refs, called @canuck73_3 a troll and still think you are wrong on this one. The penalties were weak but not totally made up. Good teams find a way to win. Getting outplayed at both ends of the rink for two periods is not the refs fault. Still hoping for a Boston loss but we should at least be able to be objective in a game the Canucks aren’t in can’t we?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Rat boy!!!!!boston bruins hug GIF by NHL

You really should consider changing your user name.  How the hell can you call yourself a Canucks fan while posting this crap?  Troll?  Confused?  Delirious?  Gotta be one or the other.  You really should be ashamed of yourself posting this trash in this forum.  Disgusting and disgraceful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bocivus said:

You really should consider changing your user name.  How the hell can you call yourself a Canucks fan while posting this crap?  Troll?  Confused?  Delirious?  Gotta be one or the other.  You really should be ashamed of yourself posting this trash in this forum.  Disgusting and disgraceful.

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well I started liking the Bruins in 1990 because of Cam Neely, Adam Oates and Ray Bourque. Cheered for the Canucks over the Bruins in 2011, so my Canucks fandom is perfectly intact. The Bruins aren't playing the Canucks right now, nor do I cheer them when they do. So that is how I call myself a Canucks fan. 

Ok. 

Meh who cares if boston wins?  Them beating the leafs in basically the only year they could possibly win the cup before cap hell sets in, ensures toronto will be mediocre for another long long long long time. 

That, is absolutely delicious in a “HAH HAH” kinda way. Like warm and fuzzy sheets on a cold winter day. Puts me to sleep with a smile on my face. 

• Upvote 4