The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada to spend $16 Billion on new Coast Guard Ships - Irving's Rewarded

Rob_Zepp

I can't seem to find the Canadian military thread so I would think there should be close enough. I'm not sure with all the coronavirus how much some of you are staying up to speed on the fighter jet selection that is in the works. However I just wanted to point out that the Gripen has a very good chance at this point. I would argue with anybody that it is probably the best jet of the three that are available to Canada. That's without even taking into consideration its low cost flight hours and the fact it's a cold weather jet. I feel like the only thing saving Lockheed Martin F-35 is the fact the Americans will try to put pressure on Canada. But in reality the F-35 is not worth buying because it's sad it's stealth capabilities will be next to useless within 5 to 7 years Canada expects its first jet to be delivered in five years time which that jet absolutely useless. Outside of its stealth capabilities it really is not a very good jet. And considering we are not going to be starting a war with China or Russia anytime soon we don't really need that jet in the first place but again countries like China and Russia have already been able to track this jet the Israelis have pointed out its stealth capabilities aren't that good and the whole world will be able to view this jet on radar within 5 to 7 years.

The Americans are moving to 6 Generation already it would be nice if Canada did also however our f-18s cannot last that long. The Gripen is a very smart jet in fact it's the smart fighter and have some very good capabilities and its price would come in Far Far cheaper allowing us to save the extra money and save it for a 6th generation fighter.

16 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I can't seem to find the Canadian military thread so I would think there should be close enough. I'm not sure with all the coronavirus how much some of you are staying up to speed on the fighter jet selection that is in the works. However I just wanted to point out that the Gripen has a very good chance at this point. I would argue with anybody that it is probably the best jet of the three that are available to Canada. That's without even taking into consideration its low cost flight hours and the fact it's a cold weather jet. I feel like the only thing saving Lockheed Martin F-35 is the fact the Americans will try to put pressure on Canada. But in reality the F-35 is not worth buying because it's sad it's stealth capabilities will be next to useless within 5 to 7 years Canada expects its first jet to be delivered in five years time which that jet absolutely useless. Outside of its stealth capabilities it really is not a very good jet. And considering we are not going to be starting a war with China or Russia anytime soon we don't really need that jet in the first place but again countries like China and Russia have already been able to track this jet the Israelis have pointed out its stealth capabilities aren't that good and the whole world will be able to view this jet on radar within 5 to 7 years.

The Americans are moving to 6 Generation already it would be nice if Canada did also however our f-18s cannot last that long. The Gripen is a very smart jet in fact it's the smart fighter and have some very good capabilities and its price would come in Far Far cheaper allowing us to save the extra money and save it for a 6th generation fighter.

I just dont understand why we need stealth capabilities.Not like we will be going on the offensive.

1 hour ago, Violator said:

I just dont understand why we need stealth capabilities.Not like we will be going on the offensive.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

-Sun Tzu

Edited by Bitter Melon

6 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

-Sun Tzu

This is absolutely ludicrous man. The Russians and the Chinese can already View F-35 through radar. Those would be the only two options that would be a direct threat to Canada so your argument is pretty silly. And very outdated

Edited by Ryan Strome

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

This is absolutely ludicrous man. The Russians and the Chinese can already View F-35 through radar. Those would be the only two options that would be a direct threat to Canada so your argument is pretty silly. And very outdated

Cool thanks.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually that's exactly what I thought when I read your post. To be honest it was completely stupid but I didn't want to be that rude but I guess I just was.

You asked a dumb extremely general question and got exactly the answer that was warranted.

• Thanks 1