The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evgeny Kuznetsov in some trouble maybe...(re-updated suspended for 3 games)

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And that’s where we disagree.  Hurt the business's bottom line because of drug use, and that employee should be fired, if the company chooses.  No private company should be forced to keep a drug addict on the payroll.   

Disagree all you want. labour law will be what it will be.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

It sounds like you care about the person's ability to perform their job, and if their drug use is affecting that ability. Totally understandable. If the person is able to perform their job, is it really of any concern what they do with their free time and money? 

Again, Kuzy is being punished according to the rules of the IIHF. The NHL does not have those same rules.

I don’t disagree.  However, hockey is entertainment, and having players using cocaine could definitely hurt the league’s image.  The CBA does have a policy in place where the player gets rehabilitation.  Most big companies do.  IMO that rehabilitation should not be forced on a private company.  

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

Did he lie? iirc he said he did not do the cocaine in the picture, just found his girl and left. He never claimed to not do coke?

A ) I think he was full of $&!# when he made that claim. 

B ) Even if he wasn't on coke when the picture was taken, does that make a difference if he was still doing it other times?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Disagree all you want. labour law will be what it will be.

And not all laws are right or fair.  Over time laws change.  If a private company cannot afford or doesn’t want to pay a drug addict employee to go through rehabilitation they shouldn’t have to.  

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

B ) Even if he wasn't on coke when the picture was taken, does that make a difference if he was still doing it other times?

And even though he is a lying drug addict, who is clearly damaging the image of his team and league (which costs them both revenues) he will continue to collect his salary, while the league (his behaviour is damaging) pays for his rehabilitation.  The NHL has this in the CBA because they can afford it.  Small business can’t, and shouldn’t be forced to. 

7 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Just means he did not lie. If he had said he never did or does cocaine, then he would be a liar.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And even though he is a lying drug addict, who is clearly damaging the image of his team and league (which costs them both revenues) he will continue to collect his salary, while the league (his behaviour is damaging) pays for his rehabilitation.  The NHL has this in the CBA because they can afford it.  Small business can’t, and shouldn’t be forced to. 

Not everyone who enjoys them some recreational yayo is an addict. Going into the NHL’s substance abuse program is part of taking his licks for getting caught.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Is he? Please show me where he said he never did cocaine, all I've seen is him saying he never did the coke in the picture?

Why was he suspended by the IIHF?  Cocaine addict found with cocaine sitting on a table in front of him, but he’s not using it.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why was he suspended by the IIHF?  Cocaine addict found with cocaine sitting on a table in front of him, but he’s not using it.  :lol:

He was suspended because he was drug tested, not because of the picture. Every one assumes the picture shows coke, but only the people at that table know for sure.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

He was suspended because he was drug tested, not because of the picture. Every one assumes the picture shows coke, but only the people at that table know for sure.

I understand wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt but that only goes so far. Kuznetsov, and the people who he hangs out with, should be well past the faking drug photos to look cool phase of their lives. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

should be well past the faking drug photos to look cool phase of their lives. 

Should be

don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure it was coke at the table, and I'm pretty sure he was doing it, but a picture of white stuff on a table is not proof.

Just now, gurn said:

Should be

don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure it was coke at the table, and I'm pretty sure he was doing it, but a picture of white stuff on a table is not proof.

I hear ya but when there's a positive drug test involved afterwards, it makes it hard to believe he didn't indulge a bit then. 

43 minutes ago, gurn said:

Did he lie? iirc he said he did not do the cocaine in the picture, just found his girl and left. He never claimed to not do coke?

When the video surfaced he told Sport-Express that he never did and never will.  That article was then used as source by most media outlets to say he denies using.  

That's the Sport-Express article: https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/world/news/evgeniy-kuznecov-ya-nikogda-ne-upotreblyal-narkotiki-i-ne-sobirayus-esli-est-voprosy-gotov-proyti-medicinskuyu-ekspertizu-1549580/

Google translate: "Yes, I saw that this video appeared on the network. I do not always relate to what is happening next to me. I have never used drugs and am not going to get involved in it. If I have questions, I’m ready to undergo a medical examination at any time."

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I hear ya but when there's a positive drug test involved afterwards, it makes it hard to believe he didn't indulge a bit then. 

7 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Oh for sure. It's pretty rare for anybody who does blow say to no to it when there's a pile in front of them.

It is extremely rare for someone that does coke to turn down the chance to snort someone else's coke.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, mll said:

When the video surfaced he told Sport-Express that he never did and never will.  That article was then used as source by most media outlets to say he denies using.  

That's the Sport-Express article: https://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/world/news/evgeniy-kuznecov-ya-nikogda-ne-upotreblyal-narkotiki-i-ne-sobirayus-esli-est-voprosy-gotov-proyti-medicinskuyu-ekspertizu-1549580/

Google translate: "Yes, I saw that this video appeared on the network. I do not always relate to what is happening next to me. I have never used drugs and am not going to get involved in it. If I have questions, I’m ready to undergo a medical examination at any time."

So this quote does prove he is a liar. My objection over the use of the word "liar" is withdraw. :)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1