The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 UFA + Teams Cap Room

Rate this topic

Teams With Cap Room:

Buffalo-  29 Million 

Florida- 21 Million

Ottawa- 37 Million

Carolina- 28 Million ( need to resign aho and Mrazek)

Columbus- 32 Million

NJ- 32 Million

NYI- 29 Million (anders lee,eberle,lehner)

Philly-32 Million (Couple RFA to sign)

Chicago- 20 Million

Colorado-37 Million (some RFA to sign)

SJ-24 million ( couple RFA)

Vancouver- 30 Million (Brock Boeser, Levio,Granlund,Edler,Hutton)

Artemi Panarin-87 Points

Matthew Duchene-70 points

Joe Pavelski-64 Points

Jeff Skinner- 63 Points

Gustav Nquist- 60 Points

Ryan Dzingel- 56 Points

Erik Karlsson-45 Points in 53 games

Others- Anders Lee, Joe Thornton, Justin Williams, Brett Connolly,Kevin Hayes, Mats Zuccarello, Micheal Ferland,Jordan Eberle,Tyler Myers, Wayne Simmonds, Alexander Edler, Jason Spezza,

Goaltenders:

Sergei Bobrovsky, Robin Lehner, Petr Mrazek, Semyon Varlomov,

I don't think signing a big ticket Dman is the way to go. Karlsson has shown he's wearing down and his contact will be an anchor one day. I don't want Myers because I don't think he's that good. They'll re-sign Edler.

I would like one of: Skinner, Eberle, Nyqvist, Donskoi or Ferland. (two if they can trade Sutter and Eriksson)

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't think signing a big ticket Dman is the way to go. Karlsson has shown he's wearing down and his contact will be an anchor one day. I don't want Myers because I don't think he's that good. They'll re-sign Edler.

I would like one of: Skinner, Eberle, Nyqvist, Donskoi or Ferland. (two if they can trade Sutter and Eriksson)

I agree on Karlson, he's wearing down. Consistently injured over the last 2 years and just doesn't have the explosiveness in his game that he used to, which is scary because he is still putting up points. That being said, he's going to drop off a cliff mid next contract and it will be an anchor I agree. I like Meyers, he would add some stability to our right side. I don't expect him to be a star, but he's certainly better than tanev, would allow tanev to have less pressure / ice and therefore, probably stay more healthy and be more effective.

I like Skinner alot and Ferland alot, the others meh.

We also need to make sure we get Tryamkin back imho

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Like 1

If Jim can move Loui or 1/2 of Loui's contract prior to free agency I'd like to see Panarin here. I love the top 6 options that gives us. 

Trouble is Loui isn't likely tradable until July 2nd.... so it would be a cap risk. But with 50 mil of cap space currently available starting in the 2020/21 season its maybe worth that risk. 

Anders Lee @ 6.5M X 5

EK65 @ 9M X 7 I don't care if he only has 3 good seasons left in him. I want a cup before i die. 

Alex Edler @ 4.5M X 4

Wayne Simmonds @ 2M X 2

Trade 10 + Sutter for Mikael Granlund + 24.

I have no idea if that works cap wise, but that would be one heckuva different looking squad. I love the idea of Simmonds on our 3rd or 4th line and on PP2. 

Please no to Eberle.  He is on the decline and was never that good.  Not a play driver and was good for what one month last year.

Frankly would just stay out of UFA market this year other than maybe the top end forwards Panarin and Skinner.  

EK too many red flags.  Ferland also has a lot of red flags for the style he needs to play.

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Please no to Eberle.  He is on the decline and was never that good.  Not a play driver and was good for what one month last year.

Frankly would just stay out of UFA market this year other than maybe the top end forwards Panarin and Skinner.  

EK too many red flags.  Ferland also has a lot of red flags for the style he needs to play.

Pretty much every player on NYI took a dip in points this year, yet they made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. They bought into a new system that was more defensively structured and even made average at best goalies in Lehner and Griess look like stars. Eberle then put up 9 points in 8 playoff games squashing the criticism of being a non-playoff performer. Barzal had over a 20 point drop in production, is he declining as well? With all this said, I would pay a pretty penny to bring in a guy like Eberle, but if all it took was like a 3 or 4 year deal with a limited NTC and costs about 4.5 million a season then I'd be all over it (he made above his weight in money on his previous contract).

I do agree that I'd prefer to stick with the top end UFAs if possible (not Skinner).

10 Overall + Brandon Sutter for PK Subban

Sign Panarin 6 years 9.5 million

Sign EK65 5 years 9.5 million

Sign Edler 2 years 3 million

Sign Boeser 7 years 7.25 million

Trade Tanev for 3rd and 4th rounder

Trade Eriksson + 2nd + 3rd  to OTT 

Panarin-Pettersson-Boeser (7 years 7.25 million)

Pearson-Horvat-Baertschi

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Edler-Karlsson

Hughes-Subban 

Juolevi-Stecher

Markstrom

Trade PK with 1 year left on his deal. You have 2 years to win before Petey and Hughes are up. Edler comes off books then so Edler and PK's caphits should be enough to get Petey and Quinn signed to long term deals

As of today we have $30,510,836 in cap space with Boeser, Edler, Leivo to sign still. If we move Sutter ($4.375M), Tanev ($4.45M), Spooner ($3.1M), Baertschi ($3.36M), Eriksson ($6M), and Schaller (1.9M) that bumps us up to $53,702,502 in cap space. 

Let’s say Boeser gets 7.5x8, Edler 4x2, and Leivo 1.5x2. That would leave us with $40,702,502 remaining for free agency. That would be pretty exciting. 

• Upvote 1

Try and sign Skinner or Ferland..I don't mind Myers for 4 yrs as we don;t have to trade a asset..Myers will be a top 3 guy and can play 20-22 mins

Hughes, Edler, Myers, Stetcher, (Hutton if not traded?) Juolevi should play 45 games and will be a top 4 guy soon....Schenn should be signed 2yrs-1.1 million per yr..       goaltending will be solid Bt

Forwards, Like to see Benning sign either Skinner or Ferland.... We should be very close to playoffs

3 hours ago, Pears said:

As of today we have $30,510,836 in cap space with Boeser, Edler, Leivo to sign still. If we move Sutter ($4.375M), Tanev ($4.45M), Spooner ($3.1M), Baertschi ($3.36M), Eriksson ($6M), and Schaller (1.9M) that bumps us up to $53,702,502 in cap space. 

Let’s say Boeser gets 7.5x8, Edler 4x2, and Leivo 1.5x2. That would leave us with $40,702,502 remaining for free agency. That would be pretty exciting. 

Most likely would have remain 50 percent of Sutter and Eriksson 

19 hours ago, BabychStache said:

Anders Lee @ 6.5M X 5

EK65 @ 9M X 7 I don't care if he only has 3 good seasons left in him. I want a cup before i die. 

Alex Edler @ 4.5M X 4

Wayne Simmonds @ 2M X 2

Trade 10 + Sutter for Mikael Granlund + 24.

I have no idea if that works cap wise, but that would be one heckuva different looking squad. I love the idea of Simmonds on our 3rd or 4th line and on PP2. 

simmonds will want and get at least aav 4 mill