The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Who would you trade the 10th OA for?

I would trade as package + for

Hughes (Big package. Worth the price. We have a team identity. No more lotto hunting. Next chapter begins)

Or I can live with

Subban.

Only other name i see shopped is zucker. Would do

10th + Baerschi for Zucker + evener

If we move 10th let it be for a 27-32 established healthy player that compliments our core.

Edited by HughMungus
  • Wat 1

For me it would be Ristolainen.  Fills the top 2 need and likely a good pair for Joulevi going forward.  I would hope to snag him for less (Next years 1st lottery protected or a 2nd plus), but if I compare against who we get at 10 it's pretty even.  24 year old, 45 point, RHD is a big need for us.  Yes, the - is a risk, but one that is likely more team/system related.

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

For me it would be Ristolainen.  Fills the top 2 need and likely a good pair for Joulevi going forward.  I would hope to snag him for less (Next years 1st lottery protected or a 2nd plus), but if I compare against who we get at 10 it's pretty even.  24 year old, 45 point, RHD is a big need for us.  Yes, the - is a risk, but one that is likely more team/system related.

I would not entirely be against this.  Despite Ristolainen's poor reputation as a defensive player (ironic given his position), he's been consistently productive from the blueline and would presumably have that impact right away.  I agree that 10th overall is not a great price but it's also not entirely out of the real of possibility. 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Nylander if 1 for 1.... I can say mcdavid, subban, etc. but lets be realistic. Nylander 1 for 1 with the 10th oa, maybe ship Tanev the other way or Leivo.

Hell no.  That contract is worse than LE for a soft, lazy, selfish piece of garbage who clearly doesn't give a damn about winning.  Wouldn't take that useless floater on waivers, let alone trade a pick capable of turning into an actual NHLer for him.  Makes Vrbata look like a workaholic with that pitiful excuse for an effort.  Toronto is going to have to pay to get rid of him unless he suddenly turns a 180 and decides he actually wants to stop hurting his team by refusing to backcheck, forecheck, or basically do anything expected of a hockey player.  If Babcock can't get him to try, I don't think many other coaches will be able to get through to him that the way he plays is completely unacceptable.  Let the Leafs keep their probllem.

Wouldn't mind Manson from the Ducks.  Young, solid defensive defenseman with good mobility and toughness, plus a righty.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Nylander if 1 for 1.... I can say mcdavid, subban, etc. but lets be realistic. Nylander 1 for 1 with the 10th oa, maybe ship Tanev the other way or Leivo.

Ya cause no way we're getting that excellent two-way forward with just the 10OA.. 

:picard:

2 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Which players in the league defenseman or forward would you trade the 10th OA pick/package for?

Jakub Vrana, Rasmus Ristolanien, Roope Hintz, Brett Pesce, Ryan Pulock, 

I would also do Kapanen/Johansen/2nd rd pick this year and next for 10th, Sutter at 50% and Tanev at 50%

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaptainLinden16 said:

Jakub Vrana, Rasmus Ristolanien, Roope Hintz, Brett Pesce, Ryan Pulock, 

I would also do Kapanen/Johansen/2nd rd pick this year and next for 10th, Sutter at 50% and Tanev at 50%

I would also take Shea Theodore, Any of Phillys top 3 (Provorov, Sanheim, Ghostiberre), Sergachev.  Kyle Connor is big one too, but you would have to add. 

Its a great pick, but if you can get a young player with potential 20-24 years old and producing in the league.  You take that and run.  Especially because you can pick the position this way RD or RW. I get that most of these are actually LW and LD hahahaha; but they are substantial young players.

I would consider Alex Tuch, Colin Miller and 17th overall for 10th overall, 2nd rd pick and 3rd pick.  I really like Tuch and I would prefer drafting a defenseman.  At 17 one of Broberg, Seider or Soderstrom will be available.

Edited by CaptainLinden16
  • Upvote 2