The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

We have the 9th, 13th and 24th place teams (Buffalo, Boston and Philly) still available if any AGM's wish to take over a club of their own, and I will be adding at least one more GM from cdc at large hopefully this weekend. I think it is important to add slow enough to bring along new GM's in an appropriate time/speed so thanks for bearing with me while we top up our league with active GM's. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

16 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Justin Dowling, not sure I have ever heard of him?

What a pretty 1st NHL goal he scored tonight for Dallas!

Just checked, 29 years old, with his first goal!  Sweet toe drag on a 2 on 1, kept it. Out waited the goalie with the drag...

Awesome!

I have him in another league, hehe...nice to see it!

Also: Roster moves, trades and waiver action has been updated and will appear on Pickup tomorrow for all moves to this point, cheers!

image.jpeg.3d3c84240aaa35005002e93fedb00d38.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Highway robbery :lol:

I put an offer sheet on this kid. Unfortunately I was to late. Great pickup by Tylez

Well I only received 1 offer on him and he doesn't fit my long term plan. I have a lot of players on the block, including Hischier and Lundqvist

With our captain being dealt. NSH will be announcing a new leadership group and potentially a new captain.

Stay tuned for details.

Captain Cam is out. Who is coming in??

cut (7).jpg

GM Rush 17:

"It was a difficult decision to move Cam but at the end of the day we felt the team needed a new voice in the locker room. The teams play as of late hasn't been up to our standards and it was time to shake things up.  We are excited to add the veteran forward we have. We feel confident he will be a useful member of our Top 6. He is someone who burns with passion and will help keep our young core accountable.

Fun times ahead in the great state of Tennessee."

Edited by Rush17

23 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Thinking Thursday's  Fantasy Five!!

starting today with 234 bucks: enough for 9 more losses in a row...

Last week we got 1 for 5...this weeks games: we have 8 GM's picking and I again only cast my vote with the majority or to break any ties..

✔️✔️✔️New York Rangers VS Tampa Bay Lightning✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️Winnipeg Jets VS Florida Panthers✔️✔️✔️

✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️Carolina Hurricanes VS Buffalo Sabres✔️✔️✔️

✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️Arizona Coyotes VS Minnesota Wild✔️

✔️✔️Dallas Stars VS Vancouver Canucks✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

what say we? pick the winners...

Our collective wisdom says:

Tampa Bay

Winnipeg

Carolina

Arizona

Vancouver....

let the games begin!

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

With our captain being dealt. NSH will be announcing a new leadership group and potentially a new captain.

Stay tuned for details.

Captain Cam is out. Who is coming in??

GM Rush 17:

"It was a difficult decision to move Cam but at the end of the day we felt the team needed a new voice in the locker room. The teams play as of late hasn't been up to our standards and it was time to shake things up.

We are excited to add the veteran forward we have. We feel confident he will be a useful member of our Top 6. He is someone who burns with passion and will help keep our young core accountable.

Fun times ahead in the great state of Tennessee."

A reminder that trade calls must be completed by the league before their contents may be discussed in thread. It is okay to speak about Cam being on the market, or a likely deal in place but please do let the trade call occur and be finalized before dropping off your players at the airport, :towel:

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

A reminder that trade calls must be completed by the league before their contents may be discussed in thread. It is okay to speak about Cam being on the market, or a likely deal in place but please do let the trade call occur and be finalized before dropping off your players at the airport, :towel:

One hour to make a trade.

Two hours to get in trouble. 

:lol: my bad P.O. have you posted the new trade call format somewhere in the thread like the main page? I couldn't locate it when I sent in the pm. 

Thanks folks,

Stay tuned captain Cam was spotted on a nearby helijet leaving downtown Vancouver. Cheers

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

One hour to make a trade.

Two hours to get in trouble. 

:lol: my bad P.O. have you posted the new trade call format somewhere in the thread like the main page? I couldn't locate it when I sent in the pm. 

Thanks folks,

Stay tuned captain Cam was spotted on a nearby helijet leaving downtown Vancouver. Cheers

yours was good...one guy sends in the trade..the next guy replies in the affirmative and your part is done. ; )0

Chicago places Tom Kuhnhackl on waivers.

Chicago sends down Zach Senyshyn.

Chicago activates Zachary Hyman off the LTIR

Chicago calls-up Joakim Nordstrom

Marchand - Bergeron - Kase

Marchessault - Domi - Anderson

Saad - Kadri - Hyman

Heinen - Boyle - Brown

Nordstrom

Rodrigues

Martinez - Carlson

Kylington - Klingberg

Oesterle - Fleury

Reilly

Halak

Elliott

• Upvote 1

Feeling in a giving mood!

Anyone looking for some C grade prospects, selling off assets for free!

Yes you heard that right, free prospects. Futures considerations! An smiley emoji would be suffice

If this sounds like something for you, slide.in my dm's!

Two points to pass along: one is critical and one is just hypothetical until close to the end of the regular season:

IMPORTANT: The 4 retained salaries rule is meant to refer to a total of four of the following; 

retained contracts AND 

players on reduced salaries in your lineup. 

3.4.1 - Salary Retention in Trades

Teams may retain salary on up to 4 contracts at any given time. The maximum amount a team can retain on a single contract is 50% of its AAV. Players cannot have more than two teams retaining salary on their contracts at the same time.

(*I was unaware but have since been filled in by the good folks in Columbus. )

I will replace the above language with something like this after I talk to some trusted souls about CBA's but it reflects the reality in EKL up to now better than the original language I think.:

Teams may retain salary OR CARRY CONTRACTS OF PLAYERS ON REDUCED SALARY FOR up to 4 contracts at any given time. The maximum amount THAT CAN BE RETAINED on a single contract is 50% of its AAV PER SEASON. Players cannot have more than two teams retaining salary on their contracts at the same time.

((EDIT: as I was unaware of this I will have to go back and see if I made errors in trades. I don't think I did, but if so the teams won't be punished...there will be plenty of time to get compliant with no penalty))

Less Important:

In the interests of league parity over time I am considering a rule change on the MAX 50 contracts rule where ELC slides do not count towards the 50 currently: My proposition is that they DO count towards the 50 max contracts. While this doesn't seem like it accomplishes much it does reduce the number of 'locked down' players by roughly 100 in the event that in future years every team uses all 3 slides. Less locked down players in a given year means more players available to hunt for which lower ranked clubs tend to want to do to get better off over time. This may be controversial and so it wouldn't take effect until Oct 1st 2020 (possibly even delayed to 2021-22 season?)and would be announced before the end of this season to allow max time to work towards compliance for those that may be tight. 

With so many clubs holding so many unsigned prospects already and mostly all being over 40 contracts already too...this doesn't seem important today in year two but it will be in year 4, 5 and beyond, maybe even by year 3. This isn't meant to 'better reflect the NHL rules, but more to reflect the different nature of fantasy keeper leagues over time.

Mull it over and we will have a discussion about it after the trade deadline, which coincidentally means far less work to run the league and a chance at free time to chat..lol

Thanks for reading.

The Anaheim Ducks are starting to get healthy meaning that I will need to clear out some roster spots for key players to make their return.  Players like Spezza, Filppula, Rowney, Stewart, Sbisa, Del Zotto could be had for a decent/okay prospect or mid-low pick depending on the player.  Other players available but requiring a larger return would be Spurgeon and Lee who both have limited teams they would be traded to.