The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

40 minutes ago, Tylez said:

IMG_0360.PNG.9e85a149a444e156ba58b283f2e483d9.PNG

To MIN.png.523267c4bd9e789ab0403a5d49a9dbe7.png @Monty // @D-Money: Brendan Gallagher

To NSH.png.abb6ee619f37305b147ef6f6672f6d98.png.8d89aa33e1520b963b56072bd75cb052.png @Rush17: Dante Fabbro, 

Joseph Woll, Drake Rymsha, Alex Lintuniem

Thanks to @Rush17 for the fun talks all day yesterday.

For us, this was somewhat simple. Fabbro will be expansion eligible, and we wouldn’t be protected him over Hedman, Heiskanen, or Ekblad. We also need to start beefing up our forwards, and Gallagher is the exact type of player who, whether he’s in Montreal or not, will he on a club that’s competing in the playoffs. He’s a very needed player.

Woll is a good prospect, but we feel that we already have a much better prospect in net for the future in Prosvetov. And with Andersen in Toronto, the crease is taken up in Leaf land for a while.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tylez said:

IMG_0360.PNG.9e85a149a444e156ba58b283f2e483d9.PNG

To MIN.png.523267c4bd9e789ab0403a5d49a9dbe7.png @Monty // @D-Money: Brendan Gallagher

To NSH.png.abb6ee619f37305b147ef6f6672f6d98.png.8d89aa33e1520b963b56072bd75cb052.png @Rush17: Dante Fabbro, 

Joseph Woll, Drake Rymsha, Alex Lintuniem

It was a pleasure doing business with you @Monty. With this past off-season trades of Andrei Vasilevskiy and Patrick Kane. The Preds have accumulated a lot of forward depth.  This move was one for the future as we move a veteran guy like Gallagher out for two promising young prospects in Dante Fabbro and Joseph Woll.  We will continue to explore the trade market as we look to gradually shift our roster into a younger group moving forward. 

We would like to thank Brendan Gallagher for his brief time with us and wish him well in Minnesota. Welcome to Nashville Fabbro and Woll!

Image result for dante fabbro goal

Dante Fabbro (21) - RD - Nashville Predators / Boston University 

Image result for joseph woll leafs

Joseph Woll (21) - G - Toronto Maple Leafs / Boston College

Edited by Rush17

6 hours ago, Monty said:

Thanks to @Rush17 for the fun talks all day yesterday.

For us, this was somewhat simple. Fabbro will be expansion eligible, and we wouldn’t be protected him over Hedman, Heiskanen, or Ekblad. We also need to start beefing up our forwards, and Gallagher is the exact type of player who, whether he’s in Montreal or not, will he on a club that’s competing in the playoffs. He’s a very needed player.

Woll is a good prospect, but we feel that we already have a much better prospect in net for the future in Prosvetov. And with Andersen in Toronto, the crease is taken up in Leaf land for a while.

Not going to lie, this is the first time in all the leagues I’ve seen you and Dmoney make a trade a wouldn’t do. History is on your guys side that I’m wrong. 

All Bolded Players are AVAILABLE for trade.

Any Italicized Players could be AVAILABLE for trade.

OUR 2019-20 Nashville Predators!

Image result for nashville predators

Cam Atkinson - Bo Horvat - Clayton Keller

Alex Tuch - Kevin Hayes - Oliver Bjorkstrand

Ondrej Palat - Cody Eakin - Jake Virtanen

Tyson Jost - Mark Jankowski - Anthony Duclair

Shea Theodore - Colton Parayko

Jay Bouwmeester - Adam Larsson

Jordie Benn - Dante Fabbro

Jacob Markstrom

Curtis McElhinney

Scratches: 

Anthony Beauvillier and  Robert Hagg.

Image result for milwaukee admirals 300 x 300

Luke Kunin - Brandon Sutter - Oliver Wahlstrom

Gabriel Fortier - Eetu Luostarinen -  Jack Drury

Jonah Gadjovich -  Jakob Forsbacka-KarlssonLukas Jasek

Johan Larsson - Nic Petan -  Matej Pekar

Maxime Lajoie - Brogan Rafferty

Urho Vaakanainen - Logan Stanley

Pierre-Olivier Joseph -  Eemeli Rasanen

Mackenzie Blackwood

Joseph Woll

11 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Not going to lie, this is the first time in all the leagues I’ve seen you and Dmoney make a trade a wouldn’t do. History is on your guys side that I’m wrong. 

I think it is a pretty fair deal tbh. Fabbro has potential but potential is nothing unless its realized. Woll is what made the deal work for me. Having added goalie depth is key in any franchise. I hope Fabbro turns out - Gallagher is a hell of a player. Cheap contract to boot!

The deal seems pretty balanced to me, if anything coming out with Gallagher seems to fill the axiom "the team that gets the best player in a deal won the deal". That being said, Fabbro and Woll are worth bringing in if you don't need Brendan Gallagher right at this moment for your club, thus i feel its balanced. I don't usually weigh in on other trades unless it looks like shenanigans going on OR I feel it more balanced than others see it, thus I am posting now. 

Happy to have logged our first trade in two months, been a long offseason!! Get Talking people! haha

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Caboose said:

@Tylez small issue but Suter's contract incorrectly has an extra year on it. He should be a UFA in 2025-26

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/ryan-suter

You don't want a 14 year contract instead of a 13 year contract? huh. 

LAWL. I had forgotten about all these weird deals, except of course Luongo's. I think the league did a disservice in just a hand full of cases where the rules changed and the teams (canucks in this case with luongo) are being penalized for something that was not a penalizing situation when the contract was signed. Bad way forward from the NHL's side, IMO. but it is what it is...pretty sure this one can be fixed fast. Tylez will be on it for sure. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

The deal seems pretty balanced to me, if anything coming out with Gallagher seems to fill the axiom "the team that gets the best player in a deal won the deal". That being said, Fabbro and Woll are worth bringing in if you don't need Brendan Gallagher right at this moment for your club, thus i feel its balanced. I don't usually weigh in on other trades unless it looks like shenanigans going on OR I feel it more balanced than others see it, thus I am posting now. 

Happy to have logged our first trade in two months, been a long offseason!! Get Talking people! haha

Personally, I think we paid a premium (Monty negotiated the deal), but still, Gallagher is also a back-to-back 30 goal scorer, right in his prime, with only a $3.75M cap hit. If the Habs make the playoffs, he'll be very valuable.

Fabbro is very promising young 2-way D-man, but I'm not certain he'll score much fantasy-wise. He's going to have trouble getting PP time, with Josi, Ellis, and even Ekholm ahead of him. So although I wouldn't dream of making this deal IRL, I think in fantasy terms it's pretty fair.

• Upvote 1

The Wild have too many forwards, and are willing to part with a depth guy for a pick.

If you're tight on cap, Valentin Zykov is an option. He's having a solid camp/preseason with Vegas (3 points in 3 games, and +4), and only has a $675k cap hit.

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

Fabbro is very promising young 2-way D-man, but I'm not certain he'll score much fantasy-wise. He's going to have trouble getting PP time, with Josi, Ellis, and even Ekholm ahead of him. So although I wouldn't dream of making this deal IRL, I think in fantasy terms it's pretty fair.

You summed up my thoughts on the value of the trade perfectly. I also don’t see Fabbro as a guy, even on a weak defensive core, as a first unit PP, or number#1 defenseman. Valuable for sure, but not in the same league as a legit gamer as Gallagher, who’ll be valuable whether he’s on a Habs team that can always spend to the cap, or as a future trade chip by them to an organization that also wants to get the Cup. 

Also, if Gallagher doesn’t extend with the Habs IRL in two years, he’s the type of guy that won’t bolt for a consistent non-playoff team that doesn’t spend to the cap (ie: Arizona, Ottawa). He’ll most certainly go to a competitor, year in and year out.

• Upvote 1

I believe it's a little early to really say what Fabbro will be. That is part of the excitement of it all. He is joining a deep Nashville team where he will hopefully thrive. At 21 tho it's to soon to really judge where he will be at 25 or even 27 Gallagher's current age.

What we do know though is Gallagher is a phenomenal player on a great contract. Moving Gally wasn't an easy decision but we have decided to focus on being contenders a few years down the road. 

I believe the trade was a win/win for both sides! Not sure why so much scrunity on the trade. :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1