The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

NSH will be announcing roster cuts tomorrow morning. Hearing reports there will be some hard cuts as we near the end of the pre-season.

- I will have to give some thought into my ELC slides if we choose to take that approach. Fun times ahead folks!  The regular season is around the corner.

EKL ROSTER CUTS - NASHVILLE PREDATORS (September 26th, 2019)

Image result for nashville predators

All players listed are not set on the team's starting roster line-up. The team still has 3 roster spots open and up for grabs. The Nashville Predators have cut 19 Players so far including: 10 Forwards, 7 Defenseman, and 2 Goalies.

Training Camp Forwards:

Brandon Sutter 6.png C 30  
Oliver Wahlstrom 6.png RW/C 19  
Luke Kunin 6.png C 21  
Eetu Luostarinen 2.png C 21  
Gabriel Fortier 3.png LW 19 Returned to Junior
Jack Drury 6.png C 19 Returned to College
Lukas Jasek 8.png RW 22 Injured (Leg), AHL
Jonah Gadjovich 3.png LW 20 Sent to AHL
Julius Nattinen 2.png C 22 Euro Hold-Out
Johan Larsson 1.png C/LW 27  
Nic Petan 3.png C/LW 24  
Matej Pekar 8.png C/RW 19 Returned to Junior
Drake Rymsha 6.png C 21 Sent to AHL

Training Camp Defenders:

Bowen Byram 3.png LHD 18

Returned to Junior

Eemeli Rasanen 2.png RHD 20 Loaned to Jokerit
Urho Vaakanainen 2.png LHD 20 Sent to AHL
Brogan Rafferty 6.png RHD 24 Sent to AHL
Maxime Lajoie 3.png LHD 21 Sent to AHL
Pierre-Olivier Joseph 3.png LHD 20 Sent to AHL
Logan Stanley 3.png LHD 21  
Alex Lintuniemi 2.png LHD 24 Sent to AHL

Training Camp Goalies:

Mackenzie Blackwood 3.png G 22  
Joseph Woll 6.png G 21 Sent to AHL

Unsigned Prospects:

Raphael Lavoie 3.png C/RW 18 Returned to Junior
Ilya Nikolayev 9.png C 18 Returned to MHL
Cameron Rowe 6.png G 18 Sent to ECHL
Riley Hughes 3.png RW 19 Returned to College
Edited by Rush17

One additional cut from Nashville's lineup. Vancouver Giants Dman Bowen Byram returns to Junior. 

Bowen stood out at camp this year the team prefers to take the slow and wait approach with his development. This probably the right choice for the 18 year old defender.

Max Lajoie was also sent down late this morning as the team prepares for their final pre season game. Logan Stanley is the only remaining defenceman vying for a spot on the big club. It is expected Lajoie will be an early call up this season. The team has 7 D already do Stanley will need to thoroughly impress to make the big club.

Byram had this to say about his training camp experience.

We look forward to tracking Byram's progress! Good luck Bowen!

Edited by Rush17

10 hours ago, Tylez said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The best way I explained it was 

You can slide any 3 players, 21 or younger on and ELC contract. You have till October 1st to decide in those, however if you choose though, you can keep an ELC player on your roster up until Oct 23. At that date you need to either slide him, or he stays on your roster. If he stays.... You can slide another player, however that other player can not have been called up by your team at any point

Oct 1 is a soft deadline, Oct 23rd is a hard deadline.

Makes sense to me, thanks for clarification.

; )

On 9/25/2019 at 7:56 AM, D-Money said:

giphy.gif

Nicely done, @Rush17. 3 Mustangs for a Lamborghini.

I get what @Master Mind is doing, but also think he'll regret it. 

I could easily regret it, as Byram will surely pan out. Probably a Calder finalist next year.

But I want to make some noise this year, Fabbro, Hayes, and the man himself from the Jankowski draft should help.

Tampa is looking to part with more futures to bolster the lineup this year.

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2019 at 12:27 PM, Caboose said:

Pittsburgh Penguins place a waiver claim on Noel Acciari

If succesful, Maximillian Verronneau will be assigned to AHL Wilkes-Barre Scranton

@Primal Optimist

Max stays, as you did not successfully win Acciari.

I see your further post saying if unsuccessful you claim on Sam Gagner: I will honour such a claim just this time but 'conditional' claims going forward will NOT be considered a valid claim procedure. Too much work for the exec is the reason. 'If A then B" is not a clear claiming post but i will allow it this time as it wasn't clarified earlier. You may win Gagner but I don't know yet. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

19 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I could easily regret it, as Byram will surely pan out. Probably a Calder finalist next year.

But I want to make some noise this year, Fabbro, Hayes, and the man himself from the Jankowski draft should help.

Tampa is looking to part with more futures to bolster the lineup this year.

I just figured you could have landed at least one higher-end piece. Especially with Hayes a pending UFA.

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I just figured you could have landed at least one higher-end piece. Especially with Hayes a pending UFA.

Hayes is signed for a few more years last I checked.

Maybe could've got more, but can say that about almost any deal. I'm happy with the return, at least right now. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Max stays, as you did not successfully win Acciari.

I see your further post saying if unsuccessful you claim on Sam Gagner: I will honour such a claim just this time but 'conditional' claims going forward will NOT be considered a valid claim procedure. Too much work for the exec is the reason. 'If A then B" is not a clear claiming post but i will allow it this time as it wasn't clarified earlier. You may win Gagner but I don't know yet. 

Sounds good. Just to make it official we claim Sam Gagner.

• Upvote 1

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

Good Morning folks, here is your waiver wire update:

Dallas waived Noel Acciari and Brendan Leipsic on Tuesday. 

WINNIPEG HAS CLAIMED NOEL ACCIARI.

BRENDAN LEIPSIC HAS CLEARED.

Nashville waived Sam Gagner yesterday morning

PITTSBURGH HAS CLAIMED SAM GAGNER.

@Tylez

Toronto has waived Louis Domingue and Justin Williams: they are still on the waiver wire for another 8 hours.

San Jose has waived Martin Frk and Kyle Rau: they are still on the waiver wire for another 8 hours.

Boston placed Aaron Dell on waivers: he will be there for another 12 hours.

Edmonton waived Colin Wilson: he will be on waivers for 13 more hours.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 1

Just now, D-Money said:

Guess I was looking at the wrong sheet. Makes it a little better then.

Yeah his deal is cheaper then the NHL deal and it expires when he is 31 not 34. Plus it has zero trade protection.

His NHL contract imo is brutal but his ekl contract is pretty dang good. Once he hits 31 he can opt to re-sign him, likely for a more affordable rate for his production at that age. 

Daily faceoff has him with Voracek and JVR on Philly. Those would likely be the best two wingers he's ever had at once if he sticks there. Philly is a good up and coming team. 

Wish I had more of them. :) Might have to find some via trade. :lol:

@Tylez

Subject to changes

Alex DeBrincat - Nick Foligno - Jakub Voracek

Marcus Johansson - Sam Steel - Artturi Lehkonen

Blake Coleman - Andrew Shaw - Noel Acciari 

Ivan Barbashev - Adrian Kempe - Jack Roslovic

Torey Krug - Zach Werenski

Ben Hutton - Troy Stecher 

Ron Hainsey - Ethan Bear

Cam Talbot

Jonathan Bernier

Waivers to delete from life

Dion Phaneuf

Remove from team due to retiring

Kyle Brodziak https://edmontonsun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/kyle-brodziak-calls-it-a-career-after-over-900-nhl-games-as-a-seventh-round-pick

Send to farm

Vitek Vanacek

Potential (hopeful) changes include Liljegren or Holl making the pros. Joe Veleno and Michael McLeod are also still in the running. 

ELC slides

Aleander Chmelevski

Felix Sandstrom

Olof Lindbom

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

*WAIVER CLARITY*

PLEASE POST PLAYER WAIVE NOTICES IN THEIR OWN POST WITHOUT ANY OTHER FLUFF ABOVE OR BELOW IN THE SAME POST, THANK YOU.

You may list several waives in one post double spaced with the following format, but please folks we are starting to see waiver notices put in 8inch long posts about team status and who is doing well in camp: in future those will be void posts which may cost you if your team is not compliant to roster rules by having the waive nullified.

Thank you, this example is preferred, and shows two waives at once from a single team.

Waivers: The Oakland Raiders waive Antonio Brown.

Waivers: The Oakland Raiders waive Oak Land with the intention to send him to the minor league affiliate.

You don't have to bold the important bits like i did, but it is preferred, and if you add in the intention to send him down like in the second players case, then if he clears we will make sure he gets on the bus to the minors. haha. You may wait to decide after he clears though by not stating the intention. Hope that is clear and good for all. 

As for claiming a player: it is in your best interest to follow similar clear posting guidlines to make a claim...if your post looks like you are describing your minor league depth but also has one small line about claiming Oak Land, then you may be disappointed if i miss that small note in your wall of text.