The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Boeser for Hughes

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't think it will be too much of a surprise to see Jersey take Kakko first.  He's already got an NHL body, skill, and compete.  Jack Hughes needs to mature to become the elite player he is projected to be.  That very scenario is why I still hold out some hope (tiny yes) that we could get that second pick and grab us Jack.  I'm hoping that JB can take Lucic and get the 8 OA to come with him.  Then trade 8 and 10 for 2.  

Part of the rationale why a bum like Patrick was chosen ahead of our gem, EP. In truth, I haven't seen these kids play yet, but I think it's gonna be an exciting draft Alf, with lots of teams makin moves.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don't think it will be too much of a surprise to see Jersey take Kakko first.  He's already got an NHL body, skill, and compete.  Jack Hughes needs to mature to become the elite player he is projected to be.  That very scenario is why I still hold out some hope (tiny yes) that we could get that second pick and grab us Jack.  I'm hoping that JB can take Lucic and get the 8 OA to come with him.  Then trade 8 and 10 for 2.  

I agree, I think NJ would take Kakko unless we make a deal with NJ, like Quinn, 10 OA + for NJ's 1st., That would work as well but we would have to draft Kakko which is fine with me just means we have to make a deal for top 2 D man...Karlsson or Trouba maybe or make a trade with cap crunched team

57 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

I agree, I think NJ would take Kakko unless we make a deal with NJ, like Quinn, 10 OA + for NJ's 1st., That would work as well but we would have to draft Kakko which is fine with me just means we have to make a deal for top 2 D man...Karlsson or Trouba maybe or make a trade with cap crunched team

Why would we trade away Quinn? 

4 hours ago, goalie13 said:

That's the folly.  You could just as easily end up with Nail.

Except Nail wasn't projected to be a top generational talent. And I mean real generational....not like when the kids confuse generational vs franchise.

51 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Except Nail wasn't projected to be a top generational talent. And I mean real generational....not like when the kids confuse generational vs franchise.

Oh, so you mean more like Alexandre Daigle?

21 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Man I'm going to start this off with I love Boeser, but is he worth over $8M per? He deffiently has the value to land a too 3 pick, if not straight up I doubt we need to add much.

If given the chance would you trade Boeser for any of Hughes, Kakko, or Byram?

Your heart is in the right place but I can’t see The #1 or #2 being moved.   Keep Boeser.

4 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Oh, so you mean more like Alexandre Daigle?

Sure...or

Owen Nolan

Eric Lindros

Ed Jovanovski

Joe Thornton

Vincent Lecavalier

Ilya Kovalchuk

Rick Nash

Marc Andre Fleury

Alexander Ovechkin

Sidney Crosby

John Tavares

Taylor Hall

Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Nathan McKinnon

Aaron Ekblad

Connor McDavid

and I can stop there

Edited by Chris12345

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why would we trade away Quinn? 

Its a topic thats out there considering the likely hood we make a deal to aquire the #1 pick. I'm sure NJ attempts to aquire Quinn to play with his brother. We would want the moon for that deal for sure. Not saying we want to trade him just saying what the option may be considering. NJ wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't try as well right?

On 5/31/2019 at 1:48 AM, PunjabiCanucks said:

First of all, I was waiting for this thread to come after the previous one. Boeser ain't going no where and neither is our 10th OA pick unless it is moved up or down or for an established young player already.

If we go Boldy/ Caufield it allows us to have a top lw  and rw prospect. If we go Soderstorm/ broberg/ any dman prospect. thats a top 4 dman prospect we didn't have before.

Boeser gets signed 7years x 7 million or 8 x 8. somewhere in that ballpark.

Agreed.  

Brock is on the no trade list.  He isnt worth 8m, but I would be happy with a Pastrnk type deal.  I would think he will end up in the high 6ish or just over 7 per year.  

The deal will get done, the team and Brock don't want him to miss preseason. 

Also, we can get a solid blue chip player and a positional need at the 10th spot.  The only move I see is one that speeds up the rebound by landing a roster player now.  

Sutter and Tanev expire next season so we have 2 guys that can be added to any deal that add depth to a team in the hunt, we have a good prospect pool that can be tapped for the right player.  

With or with out a trade this team is going to finish higher in the standings this year and may not be a lotto eligible club for a while.