The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks all in for Jason Zucker

I know most will say BS its TSN 1040, please don't shoot the messenger, just posting so people have access to what is on social media atm.

Sportsnet 650 Satir Shah reported that the morning segment with Jim Benning when he joined Perry Solkowski, James Cybulski, and Rick Dhaliwal that the price on a top 4 dman and top six forward are steep and the value of the Canucks players "outside of the core 4" perceived by other teams (Virtanen, Demko, Juolevi etc) have not been received well by the Canucks management.  

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, KKnight said:

You have to think Minny is asking for Gaudette. 

I would be comfortable with Sven,Hutton and an additional prospect. I know thats not enough, Zucker strikes me more as a really effective two way forward, with great speed and defensive instincts, great off the rush.  

I dont think i would be comfortable with either of Virtanen or Gaudette going the other way though. 

Agreed that would be the max I go.  We can get the same in free agency around the same age.  Fake news!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, KKnight said:

You have to think Minny is asking for Gaudette. 

I would be comfortable with Sven,Hutton and an additional prospect. I know thats not enough, Zucker strikes me more as a really effective two way forward, with great speed and defensive instincts, great off the rush.  

I dont think i would be comfortable with either of Virtanen or Gaudette going the other way though. 

Leopold demands the playoffs - Fenton is at risk of losing his job if they don't.  They are looking for goal scoring.

They wanted to trade Zucker to get 82pt Kessel.  Gaudette had 12 points in 56 games last season in a heavily sheltered role.  Fenton also doesn't believe in developing players in the NHL.  

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mll said:

Leopold demands the playoffs - Fenton is at risk of losing his job if they don't.  They are looking for goal scoring.

They wanted to trade Zucker to get 82pt Kessel.  Gaudette had 12 points in 56 games last season in a heavily sheltered role.  

And the rumour was the idiot asked for Boeser in return lol

• Cheers 1