Sign in to follow this  
CRAZY_4_NAZZY

[Speculation] Canucks all in for Jason Zucker

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, shayster007 said:

This doesn't even make sense.

 

Why were you telling a new born baby to google it? Why would you tell a toddler to google it when they started asking questions? Why have you been telling your child to google it their entire life?

why teach your kids when you can thrust an iPad into their hands?

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, YearoftheNuck said:

I like Jake and think he’s a solid third liner, but I would be more than willing to trade him for Zucker. 

 

Jake probably will very likely become a 20 goal scorer (he probably would’ve gotten there this year if it wasn’t for injuries) but one thing that he has always lacked, in juniors and now in the big league, is solid hockey IQ and for that reason I’d be willing to part ways with him.

 

Hockey IQ cannot be overstated. Green has definitely helped him improve on that a bit, but honestly I think that the ability to think the game at a high level is simply something you’re either born with or not. 

 

And then there’s his inconsistency with effort which drives me absolutely nuts, because when he’s firing on all cylinders it helps make up for his low IQ game, but the second he takes his foot off the pedal he becomes a detriment to the Canucks. 

Can you give examples of this lack of IQ?

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, stawns said:

Can you give examples of this lack of IQ?

yes . when they put him on the top line last year and he missed a wide open pettersson on the rush and took a useless shot from the perimeter instead. green religated him back to the 3rd line after that play. he does t have top line intelligence.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, stawns said:

Can you give examples of this lack of IQ?

Yes . When Green tried him on the top line at the end of the year and he missed a wide open Pettersson on the rush to take a useless shot from the perimeter.  Green put him back on the third line after that play. He does not have a solid hockey IQ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stawns said:

Can you give examples of this lack of IQ?

He puts his head down and does the same predictable thing in the offensive zone every time.  He doesn't find the open areas to help create chances, he doesn't pull up to read the play because he can't do it quick enough.  He doesn't get himself involved in the play when he doesn't have the puck, his passing is rough and he usually finishes his season with a low number of assists which again is mostly just inability to read plays and make smart decisions.  He will get better and learn the game but it's still the knock on him right now

 

He's a top 5 maybe even top 3 skater in this league but yet he struggles to make any sort of impact on most nights, now why do you think that is?   That type of freakish power and speed but yet still struggles to produce at the pro level and didn't exactly dominate junior.  What do you think it is that's holding him back?  Not to mention the scouting reports that all knocked his hockey smarts prior to being drafted.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be more invested in this Zucker rumor if the Canucks weren't seemingly in on basically every player that has been mentioned by anyone so far this off-season.

 

I think Boeser is sneaky good and should be held on to.  Zucker and 12th?  I bet that gets gmjbs blood pumping

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

I would be more invested in this Zucker rumor if the Canucks weren't seemingly in on basically every player that has been mentioned by anyone so far this off-season.

 

I think Boeser is sneaky good and should be held on to.  Zucker and 12th?  I bet that gets gmjbs blood pumping

According to the media, us, Toronto, and Montreal are into every player available every year!

 

Can't be a coincidence that that's where a lot of the fans are! Totally logical stuff (or media clickable stuff for them to make money) :ph34r:

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

According to the media, us, Toronto, and Montreal are into every player available every year!

 

Can't be a coincidence that that's where a lot of the fans are! Totally logical stuff (or media clickable stuff for them to make money) :ph34r:

In fact, here's proof on how bad it is:

 

https://editorinleaf.com/2018/07/22/toronto-maple-leafs-artemi-panarin/

 

Panarin to the Leafs via trade! Wow.... makes complete sense!.... (like what? lol)

 

That was 10 months ago, but that still doesn't make sense as Tavares was already signed. lol

Edited by The Lock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

He puts his head down and does the same predictable thing in the offensive zone every time.  He doesn't find the open areas to help create chances, he doesn't pull up to read the play because he can't do it quick enough.  He doesn't get himself involved in the play when he doesn't have the puck, his passing is rough and he usually finishes his season with a low number of assists which again is mostly just inability to read plays and make smart decisions.  He will get better and learn the game but it's still the knock on him right now

 

He's a top 5 maybe even top 3 skater in this league but yet he struggles to make any sort of impact on most nights, now why do you think that is?   That type of freakish power and speed but yet still struggles to produce at the pro level and didn't exactly dominate junior.  What do you think it is that's holding him back?  Not to mention the scouting reports that all knocked his hockey smarts prior to being drafted.

 

 

Thank you! You saved me a ton of typing lol. I couldn’t agree more with everything you wrote. 

 

I want to like Jake, I truly do as he has some great strengths, but I just find myself frustrated with what could be too often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard they want prospects from us along with Virtanen. Maybe Madden/Woo would be my guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

I would be more invested in this Zucker rumor if the Canucks weren't seemingly in on basically every player that has been mentioned by anyone so far this off-season.

 

I think Boeser is sneaky good and should be held on to.  Zucker and 12th?  I bet that gets gmjbs blood pumping

 

 

Zucker makes a lot of sense for us but we'll probably get outbid. It's too bad, our top 5 prospect pool is looking like it was overrated. Hopefully a lot of these kids have bounce back years but we just don't have a ton of trade chips right now. If I'm Madden, Demko, Virtanen or Woo right now, I might be a little nervous. I think Dipietro is safe due to his age and status for the expansion draft. 

 

JB would get a stiffy over that trade proposal for sure but we know he doesn't have the coconuts to trade Boeser lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K here's what we do. 

 

Boeser for Zucker + 12th

 

10th + 12th + Gaudette + Granlund for 1st or 2nd overall (Hughes) 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

K here's what we do. 

 

Boeser for Zucker + 12th

 

10th + 12th + Gaudette + Granlund for 1st or 2nd overall (Hughes) 

I’d never do that trade but if I had to entertain It'd prob be more like:

 

Boeser for Zucker +12th + next years first (not lottery protected) + a top D prospect. 

 

To be honest I was changing my mind as I was writing this haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

You present the case well in regards to the teams view of what they are doing.  

 

I see issues, not sold.

 

My concerns; Koivu and Staal's age, Rasks capacity to have a renaissance. Parise's ability to stay healthy. Will they resolve their defensive depth. Replace lost top 9 forwards.  They have an above average collection of solid young forward prospects..(They do.) Top level? I like Kunin, Greenway, Donato.But  don't see them as Pettersson or Boeser. Will the most likely candidate, Kaprizov jump the pond? Will any join Dumba as a game impacting talent?  

 

That without entertaining discussion of the coach & goalie having it within themselves to take on a new style. Which seems part of the plan?

 

I think it is all too optimistic. Just my opinion..

 

Slowing down vets and inexperience - that doesn't look like an efficient combo.  

 

Rask could already be on his way out. Penguins-Wild wanted to swap bad contracts as part of the Kessel-Zucker deal - Rask for Johnson. Staal was not good last year and it's a bit surprising that they extended him. 

 

Kaprisov wants to play in the NHL but will finish his contract overseas - he'll come over only in a year. 

 

They lack playmaking Cs.  They have too many left wingers and are missing right wingers - no right shots save for Kunin.  Spurgeon is a free agent in one year and it's not only about contract terms but also whether he believes the team can win.   Lots of uncertainty.  Will they even be able to attract free agents - looking at their recent moves do players/agents believe the Wild can have success under Fenton.

 

The Wild used to beat teams with their speed because they were always 1st to the puck but now they look at times slow.  The league is getting so much faster and so much more skilled.  Work ethic, never quit, playing fast is the new mantra.  Dump the puck and you might not be the ones coming up with it.

 

There's also less time to take decisions and make plays - quick thinking, playing tape-to-tape are becoming more critical.  If you are too slow or too sloppy the puck is going the other way.      

 

Moving towards more of a possession style of play does make sense.  Evolving Wild summed up part of their challenges:

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason Zucker has 4 more years @ 5.5m 

 

Jason Zucker will be 31 years of age when his contract expires. 

 

What odds do we give that he would re sign with us if we traded for him? 

 

Also what would his next contract look like? 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mll said:

 

Slowing down vets and inexperience - that doesn't look like an efficient combo.

That sums it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Heard they want prospects from us along with Virtanen. Maybe Madden/Woo would be my guess?

need to hang onto and develop prospects otherwise what was the point in the last few years of all this. The Canucks are not in a position to trade those assets to add a Zucker type.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.