The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks all in for Jason Zucker

8 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Apparently multiple offers have been on the table for Zucker, yet a deal hasn't been made. The offer(s) from JB are probably low. 

Zucker for Hutton straight up or walk.

Yip. Too much fuss over a guy who got 17 more points than Jake last year with 9 more games played. If he comes cheap because Minnesota is not liking his cap hit fair enough. Otherwise walk away JB. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Exactly and his breakout wasn’t sustainable.  He is also 3 years away from the start of the decline most likely.  

Oh it was sustained. He's averaged 51 points / season over the last 3, and that's without heavy PP time. Draws penalties, lots of takeaways, not bad defensively  ; would be a great add.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlastPast said:

Oh it was sustained. He's averaged 51 points / season over the last 3, and that's without heavy PP time. Draws penalties, lots of takeaways, not bad defensively  ; would be a great add.

not for what some people are proposing ...

• Upvote 1

Lotsa talk on the Minny board about the mention of Zucker + 12th overall for Boeser. 

Interesting concept really. Zucker while older has put up one 64 point season and with Petey he probably does that again easy.  He could replace most of Boeser's production and Benning still gets the 12th overall.

So Benning would replace Boeser with Zucker and then end up picking maybe Zegras / Boldy & Seider / Broberg (2 of the above).

Interesting proposal. Not sure how I feel.  While many here might not like it, it could be a step forward with two of those prospects.

Then JB tries to get another top 6 UFA to play with Bo / Petey and a top 4 D. Hmmm....

Edit: doesn't seem like JB would do it when they are deep in extension conversations with Brock. But Brock would get to place close to home where his sick father is.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Lotsa talk on the Minny board about the mention of Zucker + 12th overall for Boeser. 

Interesting concept really. Zucker while older has put up one 64 point season and with Petey he probably does that again easy.  He could replace most of Boeser's production and Benning still gets the 12th overall.

So Benning would replace Boeser with Zucker and then end up picking maybe Zegras / Boldy & Seider / Broberg (2 of the above).

Interesting proposal. Not sure how I feel.  While many here might not like it, it could be a step forward with two of those prospects.

Then JB tries to get another top 6 UFA to play with Bo / Petey and a top 4 D. Hmmm....

It’s likely a savvy move but I don’t personally feel good about it.  I am thinking with my feelings and not my judgement however.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edit: doesn't seem like JB would do it when they are deep in extension conversations with Brock. But Brock would get to place close to home where his sick father is.

It doesnt sit well with me. Zucker may have plateaued as a player and the 12th is a pick where we hope, hope, to draft a Boeser like player. I'm not sure why we trade the sure thing in Boeser for that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Take a look at the rumours.

Zaitsev, Zucker, Gardiner, Myers...do any of these players excite you?  Do any of these players fit what a rebuilding team should be looking at doing?

Jim. Benning. Is. Desperate. To. Save. His. Job.

You and all the other people need to accept reality.

A team isn't built on 23 exciting players. Every player on that list is better than a handful of existing players on the current roster.

Not every signing will be a home run, but if you can get any of those guys at a price that works, you look into it. JB should be fired if he DIDN'T inquire about any of those guys. 

• Upvote 1

No thank you...…...not going to give up assets for a 27 year old, when we can just go sign one....does not make sense...……...

Yeah, just checked Cap friendly...…..not going to give that much for a 40 point man.....sorry!

Just now, gurn said:

If the Canucks can get the 12th out of Minny, ; how high could the Canucks move up the draft by trading the 10th and 12th?

They probably should not bother. Many scouts say the top picks are 1-3 and then 4 - 12. They could get two top players. They would never be able to get one of the top 3 with those picks I don't think. But who knows.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rekker said:

It doesnt sit well with me. Zucker may have plateaued as a player and the 12th is a pick where we hope, hope, to draft a Boeser like player. I'm not sure why we trade the sure thing in Boeser for that. 

Yep, Dumba has to be on the table if they want to run their marketing to re-tooling with a local boy Boeser as the face of their new team.  Nothing else they have is tempting enough to mess with the chemistry our young players are forming.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would do that in a heart beat!

• Cheers 1

If they're willing to take Eriksson as part of a package. I'd consider offering more.

If not, then this is the most I'd offer:

Granlund

Hutton

3rd round pick 2020 (turns into a 2nd if Canucks make the playoffs)

for 

Zucker

But Zucker has been trending down. It really looks like a cap dump for Minnesota. The Wild must be eyeing some of the big name FAs.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yep, Dumba has to be on the table if they want to run their marketing to re-tooling with a local boy Boeser as the face of their new team.  Nothing else they have is tempting enough to mess with the chemistry our young players are forming.

yeah , and if not Dumba , then they would have to include next years first as well ..   Brock would be a dream for the Wild   ... truly a face of the franchise ..  this is actually very interesting  .. Zucker, and the 12 alone is just too must of a risk in my opinion ..  Id want to know we would be getting another 1st rounder at least ... ( unless they have another blue chip prospect Im not aware of ..)

Edited by Lulover88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lulover88 said:

yeah , and if not Dumba , then they would have to include next years first as well ..   Brock would be a dream for the Wild   ... truly a face of the franchise ..  this is actually very interesting  .. Zucker, and the 12 alone is just too must of a risk in my opinion ..  Id want to know we would be getting another 1st at least ... ( unless they have another blue chip prospect Im not aware of ..)

Yep, Zucker+Dumba for Boeser+Virtanen is the deal to be made from our side... if it is a no go from them (which it probably is), then move on.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1