The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Discipline rewards dirty play in the playoffs

Rate this topic

51 minutes ago, spook007 said:

To this day I still don’t understand why Marchand never got destroyed by the team in the following years....Maybe Canucks were on thin Ice because of the Bertuzzi incident, but rat boy should really have been made to pay the price... 

Bing-pot. 

The canucks have always been on thin ice since the Moore incident. Sadly, bertuzzi got blamed for the dogpile that ensued. It cost the team, and gave the press some negative coverage, and we all know how much they salivate over negativity. 

Add that to the fact that the canucks already have one of the worst schedules in the league just by simple geography, starting a line brawl with a big tough and rested team is a surefire way to get even more injured. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but that play in Boston where Bozak tripped the guy and then the Blues scored is as the Boston coach said a BLACK EYE on the reffing in the NHL.

THIS YEAR THEY ACTUALLY SENT SOME REFS HOME BECAUSE OF THEIR TERRIBLE CALLS,AND HAD TO APOLOGIZE TO VEGAS OVER THAT BAD CALL THAT COST THEM A HUGE GAME.

I have watched this wonderful game for more years than I'd like to say,and have watched some plays that were not called penalties in important games, but this year has been unprecedented.

A BLATANT HAND PASS, A FIVE MINUTE MAJOR THAT THE REFS DIDN'T EVEN SEE,A TRIP FROM BEHIND(THAT ONE LAST NIGHT).

VIDEO REVIEW NEEDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED TO HELP OVERTURN THESE BAD CALLS BECAUSE EVEN WITH TWO REFS NOW THEY ARE JUST TERRIBLE AND WE ALL WANT THIS WONDERFUL GAME TO BE FAIR AND SQUARE AND NO CORRUPTION INVOLVED.

I feel this is what all hockey fans deserve and have a right to.

1 hour ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Bing-pot. 

The canucks have always been on thin ice since the Moore incident. Sadly, bertuzzi got blamed for the dogpile that ensued. It cost the team, and gave the press some negative coverage, and we all know how much they salivate over negativity. 

Add that to the fact that the canucks already have one of the worst schedules in the league just by simple geography, starting a line brawl with a big tough and rested team is a surefire way to get even more injured. 

I know.... and yet... still makes me sick...

Edited by spook007
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Over the years, Boston has gotten more than its fair share of breaks on calls. As much as I agree some of this stuff should be a penalty, its nice to see them come out on the short end for a change.

Does anyone on this board really believe that Rome's hit on Horton should have been a suspension for the rest of the playoffs, based on the hits we've seen in this series? One game at best. If it was, then Krug's hit on Thomas in game 1 was also a charging major. He came all the way from his own zone, across 2 blue lines to make that hit!

Really happy to see Boston getting physically hammered by a bigger team.

And back then, a hit to the head, was not an automatic penalty.  It was a legal hit then.  The only fault of Rome was that he misjudged his hit by less than a second. 

Hey, if they'd have stuck to a new super harsh intolerance for any head shot after that, it would somewhat sooth that sore spot from 2011.  But the fact that they've never had any call so harsh before and never gone back to anything close to the Rome suspension time for anything since, even when now head shots are more on the radar and in the books, is what I have a real problem with.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

And back then, a hit to the head, was not an automatic penalty.  It was a legal hit then.  The only fault of Rome was that he misjudged his hit by less than a second. 

Hey, if they'd have stuck to a new super harsh intolerance for any head shot after that, it would somewhat sooth that sore spot from 2011.  But the fact that they've never had any call so harsh before and never gone back to anything close to the Rome suspension time for anything since, even when now head shots are more on the radar and in the books, is what I have a real problem with.

No consistency = no credibility 

its very simple

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That little sociopath is so quick to play the victim card, it's embarrassing .

giphy.gif

849586219.gif

brad-marchand-punched-thomas-plekanec.gi

He was injured from that knee no? Neal got suspended for that play.
I hate when he does that 2nd one though. He lines himself up with unaware players and takes a huge dive off them.
The bottom one is hilarious.
Cheese

On 6/6/2019 at 8:15 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

You're missing the point I made....  It's not about the Bruins... What happens when its Elias Pettersson getting cheapshots that put him out of the finals?

Only thing you can do then is injure their best player on a (hopefully) hockey play. 

It’s also why I’d prefer having Milan Lucic as our enforcer as opposed to the nice guy Guddy. 

On 6/7/2019 at 1:03 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Never forget outside of a good chunk of Habfans, most of the other team fanbases were ProBruins in 2011.  **** the other Canadian teams.  Never forget.  Don't forgive.

I remember this kid I went to high school with who was a Habs fan and was ProBruins and I was like you’re not a true Habs fan if you cheer for Boston under any circumstances. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Pears said:

I remember this kid I went to high school with who was a Habs fan and was ProBruins and I was like you’re not a true Habs fan if you cheer for Boston under any circumstances. 

You're not a true hockey fan if you cheer for Boston under any circumstances.

• Cheers 2

so two dirty blues players who were suspended, the blues LOST. i guess in the end, dirty play doesn't get you anywhere. the finals are tied, because dirty players served well deserved suspensions, but with game 7 on, those dirty blues players are reunited. i'm watching closely!