Rate this topic

JamesB

46 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

not sure why everyone is on this acquiring lucic bandwagon

unlikely coilers would move him for loui

cuz what is the point for them? they need to dump salary

not do a lateral cap trade and throw in some additional asset value as well

so unless retention by the nucks happen if loui is involved

i do not see much point in this trade (for either team actually)

The point is that, because Lucic has a No Movement Clause, he will need to be protected in the Seattle expansion draft, whereas Eriksson will not have to be protected.  By trading Lucic they get to protect one of their quality younger players instead of Lucic.

1 hour ago, CanuckGAME said:

Honestly cant believe some people here are cool with Lucic coming to Vancouver.

1-  he has talked mad **** about this team and city on NUMEROUS occasions.

2-hes a ****ing scumbag

3- hes a slug who cant skate and cannot score anymore

4- he has 4 years left on his contract. (24 million)

He contributes absolutely NOTHING.  As much as I would love for hockey to be violent and rough again,  it's not.  Guys like Lucic are anchors on your team and anchors for your cap space.

**** THAT!  Would rather watch Louie coast for the next 3 years or bury him in the AHL then watch that BUM Milan wear the blue/green/white.

Louie holds legitimate value for teams trying to reach the cap floor.  High cap hit with most of the dollars already paid. 

His family (grandma) was harassed at hockey games and his church vandalized because of a game.  I’d be pissed about my hometown too.

I agree he’s slow and can’t score

He has his contract remaining

He finished 7th in the league in hits last year.  Right there is the reason to inquire about him.  He’d be more valuable to this team than Eriksson.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, singing chef said:

The point is that, because Lucic has a No Movement Clause, he will need to be protected in the Seattle expansion draft, whereas Eriksson will not have to be protected.  By trading Lucic they get to protect one of their quality younger players instead of Lucic.

Not like I’m worried about losing players to Seattle.  Really we only need to protect Horvat, Peterson, Boeser and Hughes (I think he’s exempt). Whom else changes our team if we lose them?  No one, everyone else is the same, replaceable.

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

if this happens then might as well go back to being one of the slowest teams in the league.  Lucic may look mean, but a lot of times he stood by and watched other oilers stick up for his team mates.

Whom finished 7th in the league in hits when no other Oiler beat him.

52 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

not sure why everyone is on this acquiring lucic bandwagon

unlikely coilers would move him for loui

cuz what is the point for them? they need to dump salary

not do a lateral cap trade and throw in some additional asset value as well

so unless retention by the nucks happen if loui is involved

i do not see much point in this trade (for either team actually)

Change of scenery type of deal à la Spooner for Gagner.  Eriksson played for Tippett in Dallas.  Benning wants more bite/heaviness in the lineup.  

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Still wouldn't welcome Lucic, which would be a repeat of the Messier disaster.  Will likely become a Seattle fan if Benning allows that classless piece of garbage to disgrace a Canucks jersey.

Ya it’s a risky call no doubt - but if it works out with additions it could look brilliant, or be JBs final nail on the coffin 

1 minute ago, mpt said:

His family (grandma) was harassed at hockey games and his church vandalized because of a game.  I’d be pissed about my hometown too.

I agree he’s slow and can’t score

He has his contract remaining

He finished 7th in the league in hits last year.  Right there is the reason to inquire about him.  He’d be more valuable to this team than Eriksson.

I honestly dont care. You dont pay a guy 6 million per for 4 seasons to throw some hits.  I bet you can sign a meathead in the AHL for league minimum and tell him to run around and do Jack **** besides throw hits.

Milan Lucic is done.  He has been placed on Connor McDavids line NUMEROUS times over the past 2 seasons and cant even contribute offensively playing shotgun with the best offensive player on the planet.

People have a problem with Louie but want to trade for Lucic who is even more useless and even more expensive.  **** that.  It would be 15 games into next season and the fans would turn on him and then they would b*tch and complain for 4 years about how Benning is an idiot.  

There are 101 other moves this team should look at. Not Milan Lucic.  You really want this anchor on our club 4 seasons from now?  That's 5 years into EP40s career,  6 Years into Brocks.  That's 1/3 or 1/4 of their careers if were lucky, with a scrub taking up a valuable roster spot.

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

I honestly dont care. You dont pay a guy 6 million per for 4 seasons to throw some hits.  I bet you can sign a meathead in the AHL for league minimum and tell him to run around and do Jack **** besides throw hits.

Milan Lucic is done.  He has been placed on Connor McDavids line NUMEROUS times over the past 2 seasons and cant even contribute offensively playing shotgun with the best offensive player on the planet.

People have a problem with Louie but want to trade for Lucic who is even more useless and even more expensive.  **** that.  It would be 15 games into next season and the fans would turn on him and then they would b*tch and complain for 4 years about how Benning is an idiot.  

There are 101 other moves this team should look at. Not Milan Lucic.  You really want this anchor on our club 4 seasons from now?  That's 5 years into EP40s career,  6 Years into Brocks.  That's 1/3 or 1/4 of their careers if were lucky, with a scrub taking up a valuable roster spot.

What does Eriksson do for 6 million?  Less than Lucic.  Eriksson was placed with the Sedins and contributed nothing being demoted to the 4th line.  1 incompetent player for another, the difference?  Lucic is excited about Vancouver, Eriksson has given up, Lucic hits, Eriksson plays decently defensive.  What is the benefit for the Canucks?  We need players excited about Vancouver and we have enough players on the penalty kill.  What don’t we have?  Anyone who hits.

Eriksson for Lucic is a win for Vancouver in 2 ways.  He’s more excited to play in Vancouver than Eriksson and he brings at least one attribute to the team more than Eriksson.  Is it ideal? Of course not.  Does the team gain something over what we have now? Yes.  Can we trade Eriksson for anything else in the league?  NOPE!

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Torts said:

Might be better to have a bum that wants to play here instead of a bum that doesn't, idk.

Exactly, and at least this bum gives us something we don’t have, someone willing to hit.

Tired of watching Peterson and Boeser get run at and no one doing anything about it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mpt said:

What does Eriksson do for 6 million?  Less than Lucic.  Eriksson was placed with the Sedins and contributed nothing being demoted to the 4th line.  1 incompetent player for another, the difference?  Lucic is excited about Vancouver, Eriksson has given up, Lucic hits, Eriksson plays decently defensive.  What is the benefit for the Canucks?  We need players excited about Vancouver and we have enough players on the penalty kill.  What don’t we have?  Anyone who hits.

Eriksson for Lucic is a win for Vancouver in 2 ways.  He’s more excited to play in Vancouver than Eriksson and he brings at least one attribute to the team more than Eriksson.  Is it ideal? Of course not.  Does the team gain something over what we have now? Yes.  Can we trade Eriksson for anything else in the league?  NOPE!

You're completely clueless bud.

I dont care if lucic is all warm and fuzzy about Vancouver.  That's not a reason to bring him in. Not even close.

Louie contributes more to this team on the defensive side of the puck than the slug ever could.  He also does indeed hold value to teams trying to reach the cap floor as he has low dollars owing but a high cap hit,  so we could trade him for sure now. No doubt about it.

5 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

You're completely clueless bud.

I dont care if lucic is all warm and fuzzy about Vancouver.  That's not a reason to bring him in. Not even close.

Louie contributes more to this team on the defensive side of the puck than the slug ever could.  He also does indeed hold value to teams trying to reach the cap floor as he has low dollars owing but a high cap hit,  so we could trade him for sure now. No doubt about it.

Good luck, yes Eriksson has a front loaded contract, no one is trading for him.  Eriksson isn’t on our great defensive player.  We have a team of defensive players.  Lucic offers something to this team we don’t have.  Corsi stats also show that Lucic is better than Eriksson, but I guess to you stats don’t matter.

Facts don’t care about your feelings.

Edited by mpt

Everyone says he’s been given a shot playing along side McDavid. I agree. But maybe just maybe mcdavid doesn’t work with lucic because of the speed difference. McDavid is lightning. And we know lucic isn’t. Maybe by playing with pettersson who’s more crafty than speedy will actually compliment what lucic brings to the table. Just a thought 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

You said Lucic couldn't get points even playing with Mcdavid which is true but mcdavid is what the fastest skater in the NHL. Lucic has never been even close to that. Lucic actually played good with the Nuge and I would say Nuges skating is on par with most of the Canucks. Mcdavid also only has one gear. 

Those Ahl players you mentioned if they could play in the nhl they would already be there. 

Aslong as Lucic can get his fat @$$ to the front of the net. He would fit perfectly here. Bo is really the only guy we have that does that job well . 

Say what you want but there's many times loui looks like his wearing his suit under his gear and atleast Lucic will do his job...yes his over paid but his not done. 

Ask your self this iggy lost a step big time but he could still do his job for the AVs. Lucic plays a even simpler game then iggy.

4 minutes ago, Joscanucks said:

Everyone says he’s been given a shot playing along side McDavid. I agree. But maybe just maybe mcdavid doesn’t work with lucic because of the speed difference. McDavid is lightning. And we know lucic isn’t. Maybe by playing with pettersson who’s more crafty than speedy will actually compliment what lucic brings to the table. Just a thought 

Not sure we should be even looking at Lucic’s productivity offensively for two reasons.

1.) he isn’t valued at all for his offensive ability

2.) Eriksson did nothing offensively in his entire time in Vancouver so Lucic isn’t even a step down.

The question really is, whom makes the team more complete Eriksson or Lucic.  Intangibles? Lucic wins, Corsi? Lucic wins, Years left on contract? Eriksson wins, Salary owed? Eriksson wins.  Whom would rather be here and is excited to play in Vancouver?  Lucic wins, Whom would be better for the development of our young players?  Definitely not the excuse maker whom seems to hate hockey.  Lucic wins hands down.

You can’t make chicken salad from chicken crap, but Eriksson needs to go and I’d take any deal at this point.  At least Lucic brings something we need.

Edited by mpt
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1

Not even replying to these dudes above me. So clueless and literally trying to convince themselves that trading for MILAN ****ING LUCIC Is a smart idea.

If you want Lucic on the Vancouver Canucks take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you really care about this team.  One dude even suggesting we play Lucic with Pettersson.  Wow.

It is honestly the most idiotic idea I've ever heard and people are actually fighting in the comments section saying it's a great idea.

If you think it's a great idea you havent seen him play since 2011.  

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Wat 2

23 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Not even replying to these dudes above me. So clueless and literally trying to convince themselves that trading for MILAN ****ING LUCIC Is a smart idea.

If you want Lucic on the Vancouver Canucks take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you really care about this team.

It is honestly the most idiotic idea I've ever heard and people are actually fighting in the comments section saying it's a great idea.

Facts don’t care about your feelings.

Better than anything Eriksson highlight reel from his time in Vancouver but to be fair, here is a highlight from Eriksson best game this year against Florida

WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE?

Edited by mpt
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

If you want Lucic on the Vancouver Canucks take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you really care about this team.

No one has said it was a good idea lol the idea comes from getting another pick....look at big picture dude. Everyone is just outlining....it's not the worst move the Canucks could make. 

Ive cared about this team since the 90's and I started to care a lot less when the Sedins took over from WCE. Soft hockey that's what Canucks have been since then. I'm one fan that's sick to death of seeing guys take cheap shots on our boys and answering to no one cause " we will make them pay on the power play " 

• Cheers 1