Sign in to follow this  
CBH1926

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019

Rate this topic

World Cup  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

This. Only a small minority were making the score the focus. For most, it was the nature of the celebrations. And it is an absolute joke that people are claiming sexism. Even atom house hockey kids know not to celebrate when the score isn't close. 

Yup an example I heard was last World Cup when Germany thumped Brazil, the host nation.  After four goals there were no over the top celebrations.  Also noted that most U19 teams in N. America could beat the Thai national team so it wasn't a triumphant feat.  

34 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Beauty goal!

Number two! 

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Beauty goal!

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Number two! 

What game are you watching- my feeds say Canada vs Martinique at 4:30?

1 minute ago, gurn said:

What game are you watching- my feeds say Canada vs Martinique at 4:30?

I was listening on the radio.  We beat New Zealand  2-0. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Miedema becomes Dutch's top scorer all time

This is just bonkers to think, but Vivianne Miedema is now the Netherlands' all-time leading goal scorer with 60 goals. While you can't deny her talent, it's crazy to think she has the record at the age of 22. She passed Manon Melis with her two goals in the 3-1 win over Cameroon. 

Miedema could just shatter the record. She averages 10 goals a year for the national team, so let's say she plays 10 more years and stays at that rate, and you've got 160 goals and an advantage of 100 goals over second place. That's just wild. 

For those that don't know much about her, Miedema used to play for Bayern Munich and now plays for Arsenal. She won Euro 2017 with the Netherlands and won Women's Player of the Year at the London Football Awards. A clinical striker, she has 172 goals in 196 career club games, including 29 this past season.