The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019

CBH1926

World Cup  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/29/2019 at 1:29 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

In the case of Lalas, I'd say it's all of the time...

So the semis have been decided: It's Sweden - Netherlands and US - England.

I'm hoping for a England - Holland final, so we'll likely see the opposite....

You got half of your prediction right.

"men grab their sacks"  - alex morgan's response to her "tea sipping" taunt against the british. 

even though the biggest criticism came from the English women.  and I don't personally recall an epidemic of male athletes grabbing their sacs and tauning opponents ?  (at least not without deserved controversy) 

every single angry  feminists answer to every criticism in life: 

"its all mens fault, and im the victim"  

https://sports.yahoo.com/men-grab-sacks-morgan-says-164252627.html

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sam13371337 said:

"men grab their sacks"  - alex morgan's response to her "tea sipping" taunt against the british. 

even though the biggest criticism came from the English women.  and I don't personally recall an epidemic of male athletes grabbing their sacs and tauning opponents ?  (at least not without deserved controversy) 

every single angry  feminists answer to every criticism in life: 

"its all mens fault, and im the victim"  

https://sports.yahoo.com/men-grab-sacks-morgan-says-164252627.html

Her comment was a big fat meh.  Who cares what she says or does?  Just because a person is a girl that does not preclude them from acting like a fool.  

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

Her comment was a big fat meh.  Who cares what she says or does?  Just because a person is a girl that does not preclude them from acting like a fool.  

this just one example of many. 

every single time a feminist gets criticized.  its always the exact same pattern. 

somehow its a mans fault, society is sexist against her, and shes a victim.  

those simple rules.  doesn't matter if the feminist was caught red handedwith a bloody machete on a crime scene.  she will repeat that excuse with currency. 

7 minutes ago, sam13371337 said:

this just one example of many. 

every single time a feminist gets criticized.  its always the exact same pattern. 

somehow its a mans fault, society is sexist against her, and shes a victim.  

those simple rules.  doesn't matter if the feminist was caught red handedwith a bloody machete on a crime scene.  she will repeat that excuse with currency. 

Listening to 650, and their sport’s update said the US won.  The guy pronounced her name “RAP-in-O.  She’s already forgotten.

Do you remember Lorena Bobbitt?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Listening to 650, and their sport’s update said the US won.  The guy pronounced her name “RAP-in-O.  She’s already forgotten.

Do you remember Lorena Bobbitt?  

not really. didn't watch a single game and couldn't care to (even though im a huge soccer fan)   

the whole punk like celebrations, and the entire  feminist,  lesbian, protesting against the world   man hating  atmosphere  really turned me off.    

an average high school boys soccer team routinely beats the best womens soccer team by wide margins (9-0) when they train together (in no contact games nonetheless) 

its hard to take a sport seriously when they play at lower levels then a highschooler but have the ego of LeBron james and christiano Ronaldo combined. 

29 minutes ago, sam13371337 said:

not really. didn't watch a single game and couldn't care to (even though im a huge soccer fan)   

the whole punk like celebrations, and the entire  feminist,  lesbian, protesting against the world   man hating  atmosphere  really turned me off.    

an average high school boys soccer team routinely beats the best womens soccer team by wide margins (9-0) when they train together (in no contact games nonetheless) 

its hard to take a sport seriously when they play at lower levels then a highschooler but have the ego of LeBron james and christiano Ronaldo combined. 

Look up Lorena Bobbitt.  Back in the 90’s she cut her husband’s (you know what) off.  Her defence was he was mean and nasty to her.  Like you say, her actions were justified because it was the man’s fault.  Isn’t the answer a simple one?  Just treat everyone with respect.  If the person is bad, then get the police to haul them away.  

What about women that are being abused, and the justice system fails them?  Many of us here are husbands, and fathers (some grandparents) and I don’t want any girl in our family to suffer at the hands of an abusive husband.  Our justice in ?Canada’s can be way too soft.  This is a tough one.  

I enjoyed a lot of the games in this World Cup.

Some great soccer.

One of my favorite moments was that great save by French defender Griedge Mbock Bathy when Brazil's Dbinha had broken in and beat the goaltender, to have her potential go-ahead extra-time goal stopped by the backrushing Bathy.

Dbinha lay on the ground - laughing.  Very refreshing.  Thems the breaks.

Canada's loss to Sweden was a bit disappointing, but Sweden is a great team - once again took bronze - was happy to see them dispatch England.

Would have been epic if Holland had been able to knock off the Americans, but couldn't be bothered to watch - the US women are just too u.g.l.y. to stomach.

Couldn't be bothered to watch a single USA game - disgusting, entitled, imperial assholes trumping any ignorant/arrogance I've ever seen in the women's game.  Nothing to do with "feminism" - what they did was absolute prick material, mirrorring so many other  American assholes on the international stage. 

Well done - they gave the tournament a black eye and deserve the heat they took for it. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I enjoyed a lot of the games in this World Cup.

Some great soccer.

One of my favorite moments was that great save by French defender Griedge Mbock Bathy when Brazil's Dbinha had broken in and beat the goaltender, to have her potential go-ahead extra-time goal stopped by the backrushing Bathy.

Dbinha lay on the ground - laughing.  Very refreshing.  Thems the breaks.

Canada's loss to Sweden was a bit disappointing, but Sweden is a great team - once again took bronze - was happy to see them dispatch England.

Would have been epic if Holland had been able to knock off the Americans, but couldn't be bothered to watch - the US women are just too u.g.l.y. to stomach.

Couldn't be bothered to watch a single USA game - disgusting, entitled, imperial assholes trumping any ignorant/arrogance I've ever seen in the women's game.  Nothing to do with "feminism" - what they did was absolute prick material, mirrorring so many other  American assholes on the international stage. 

Well done - they gave the tournament a black eye and deserve the heat they took for it. 

Sounds like you need a box of tissues.

Come to think of it you were crying like this in the last summer Olympic’s thread.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Sounds like you need a box of tissues.

you sound like you're straight off the playground.

I've been an athlete all my life - that American gongshow against Thailand was one of the most embarrassing displays I've seen in a long time - in a sport that otherwise has a whole lot of great moments.  Kudos to the American women for being as big of idiots as many on their men's national teams.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I've been an athlete all my life - that American gongshow against Thailand was one of the most embarrassing displays I've seen in a long time - in a sport that otherwise has a whole lot of great moments.  Kudos to the American women for being as big of idiots as many on their men's national teams.

Ironically Rapino and some of her fellow players, who detest Trump for his idiocy, are just the same as him.  

40 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I wonder if you have to be a hockey player to understand.....

In my "career" I have been on both ends of scores like USA - Thailand and I can tell you that any team above Peewee level that acted the way the US did in that game would have been picking their chicklets up off the ice....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

They get called out for over celebrating a 9-0 goal and cry sexism...nope..you're just being twats. The US women acting like them winning is some major deal is ridiculous... 330 million people in the most funded sports nation vs countries 1/10th to 1/5th their size ..at best...many of whom have no real system in place to speak of.  Typical hubris from a nation of narcissists. 

And the crying for equal pay....sorry but you don't bring in the same revenues. Even remotely....&^@# off. There is a reason why women's tennis is the only sport that does so....ratings and sponsorships and ticket sales....   

I watched games but lets not kid ourselves and compare this to the men's wold cup here....

Edited by Gnarcore

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Look up Lorena Bobbitt.  Back in the 90’s she cut her husband’s (you know what) off.  Her defence was he was mean and nasty to her.  Like you say, her actions were justified because it was the man’s fault.  Isn’t the answer a simple one?  Just treat everyone with respect.  If the person is bad, then get the police to haul them away.  

What about women that are being abused, and the justice system fails them?  Many of us here are husbands, and fathers (some grandparents) and I don’t want any girl in our family to suffer at the hands of an abusive husband.  Our justice in ?Canada’s can be way too soft.  This is a tough one.  

I remember the severed penis story...  

what always shocked me though is how everyone saw it as a comedic thing.  attempted murder on a sleeping man with possible life long mutilation is comedy.....

even sexual assault on men is comedy.  as the epidemic of rapes in prison is not only ignored, but society finds it ok to make light of with bubba jokes. 

now change the word "man" to "woman" and watch how the reaction would be. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

They get called out for over celebrating a 9-0 goal and cry sexism...nope..you're just being twats. The US women acting like them winning is some major deal is ridiculous... 330 million people in the most funded sports nation vs countries 1/10th to 1/5th their size ..at best...many of whom have no real system in place to speak of.  Typical hubris from a nation of narcissists. 

And the crying for equal pay....sorry but you don't bring in the same revenues. Even remotely....&^@# off. There is a reason why women's tennis is the only sport that does so....ratings and sponsorships and ticket sales....   

I watched games but lets not kid ourselves and compare this to the men's wold cup here....

Exactly - and technically, women got paid more from a percentage point of view:

"1) 2010 – Women’s World Cup brought in $73M in revenue, Men’s World Cup $4B! (NBC Sports)

2) In 2018 according to FIFA the Men’s World Cup had 3.6B total viewers, the last Women’s World Cup in 2015 only 764M. 

3) In 2010 according to Forbes women got “paid 9 percent of the final Women’s World Cup take, while the men only earned 7 percent of the revenue from the 2018 Men’s World Cup.” "

The Soccer players complaining may be great at kicking a ball, not nearly as great at understanding basic economics.

• Cheers 1