The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ebola outbreak enters "truly frightening phase" as it turns deadly in Uganda

PhillipBlunt

9 hours ago, Darkstar said:

Monkey is an animal. 12 Monkeys is a movie based on a plague. There's no context for racism or derogatory comments here.

Move along tough guy.

He hasn't been triggered in a week... so he is reaching for anything.  haha :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Violator said:

Monkey is a derogatory word.

Watch the movie.  It's not about monkeys; it's about the spread of a plague.  It's got Bruce Willis, in a role where he actually acts.  And Brad Pitt does a really good job too, as a crazy person.  It's a good movie.  In the end we (people) lose. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Its' a great movie.

Almost as good as Violators troll job. Pretty sure he's just teasing you kids. 

Ya, it's a good movie, but kind of scary too.  We hear about this latest ebola outbreak and the way the people from the Congo are escaping the virus there, by travelling on plane.  The movie has the plague starting on airplanes.  It's too darned prophetic.  

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ya, it's a good movie, but kind of scary too.  We hear about this latest ebola outbreak and the way the people from the Congo are escaping the virus there, by travelling on plane.  The movie has the plague starting on airplanes.  It's too darned prophetic.  

I know, It's going to be tough to figure out time travel part too. 

I mean, conceptually we can time travel in to the future by hanging around near something with a shiz load of gravity then returning ( a'la that Interstellar movie) or is it getting up to near the speed of light? Either way, I don't see how my meat sack of a body could handle any of that..

But travelling into the past is something completely different, don't know if they have a good idea for that yet.

Perhaps, could only be pulled off by someone of Bruce Willis's magnitude.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Some parents think their kid getting autism, is worse than dying from an illness that can be vaccinated for. 

We have a vaccine for Ebola?  Why are there still people getting the virus if there is a vaccine?  

14 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Do the vaccines or other treatments cause autism? That could be a problem if it jumps continents.

As someone that has seen your posting style in the Drumpf thread, I laughed hard at this. then I got worried that some may take you as being serious.

5 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Some parents think their kid getting autism, is worse than dying from an illness that can be vaccinated for. 

No link between autism and vaccines, and even if there was a tiny chance of getting autism it is still better than a tiny chance of  getting ebola  and bleeding to death.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We have a vaccine for Ebola?  Why are there still people getting the virus if there is a vaccine?  

Because not everyone there is vaccinated. $    

• Upvote 1

Just now, MystifyNCrucify said:

Nono i was responding to ronald. He brought up vaccines. 

Sorry a little off topic, i just cant stand anti vaxxers. 

I hope we (the rich countries) are working on developing a vaccine for the ebola virus.  That would be the best way to help the people there.  

1 minute ago, gurn said:

As someone that has seen your posting style in the Drumpf thread, I laughed hard at this. then I got worried that some may take you as being serious.

No link between autism and vaccines, and even if there was a tiny chance of getting autism it is still better than a tiny chance of  getting ebola  and bleeding to death.

I accept this is off topic, but we can legislate people use paper straws, but not legislate they get vaccinated?  Even if we could vaccinate all of us in Canada, how do we get other countries, like the Congo, to do the same?  Those people deserve the same help, no?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I accept this is off topic, but we can legislate people use paper straws, but not legislate they get vaccinated?  Even if we could vaccinate all of us in Canada, how do we get other countries, like the Congo, to do the same?  Those people deserve the same help, no?

You cannot legislate people use paper straws, you can only legislate that paper straws be the only type available for use.

Same with vaccines, you can make them available but can't force people to take them. The people that don't take them are what I like to call "wrong".

• Upvote 1

Just now, gurn said:

You cannot legislate people use paper straws, you can only legislate that paper straws be the only type available for use.

Same with vaccines, you can make them available but can't force people to take them. The people that don't take them are what I like to call "wrong".

I'm clearly no expert (on anything really) but isn't there a herd thing that's important to the effect of a vaccine?  Will not a virus  mutate in those who are infected (that didn't get vaccinated) making the original vaccine for the rest of us not effective?  Maybe we should be certain everyone is vaccinated?   

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

It was my turn to be facetious. I was referring to the irony that anti vaxxers firmly believe vaccines cause autism, but  dont disbelieve vaccines prevent horrible things like polio and smallpox etc etc. 

So in effect, autism is worse than polio. 

*sorry gurn i think i quoted the wrong post my bad

*i didnt. Yeah dont mind me.

Edited by MystifyNCrucify
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

It was my turn to be facetious. I was referring to the irony that anti vaxxers firmly believe vaccines cause autism, but  dont disbelieve vaccines prevent horrible things like polio and smallpox etc etc. 

So in effect, autism is worse than polio. 

*sorry gurn i think i quoted the wrong post my bad

*i didnt. Yeah dont mind me.

MY post, that you quoted looks different because the posts of people  that I multi quoted do not show when I get quoted.

Looks funny as I was responding to three people but it shows as a single para/post.

But I get what you are saying none the less.