The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I love all 3 of them, to be honest.

The 3rd one, I'd prefer if one of the stripes were white, like the picture quoted above, but I'm fine with it as well.

Everyone's complaint with our current jersey's was the 'Vancouver' over the top, and they took it out. So, that's a solid plus for me. The skate one is obviously fire because majority love it already and now we get an updated Adidas version of them.

The 3rds, like I said, I do like them. I'm not completely sold on the logo yet, but I mean, having white for the ice part of it does make a lot of sense. Before the stick was white and the background was blue, yet the background is supposed to be the 'rink' part of it, so it makes more sense this way.

What I really want is to see all 3 of these in full gear and even on the ice. Opinions can change a lot from that.

• Cheers 1

Haha Canuck fans.

Listen, these jersey’s are an improvement over last years without question. Losing Vancouver above the orca was a no brainer and happy it’s gone.  The retro skate is SOLID and should always be around in my opinion.  Finally, the jersey getting the most hate is the one I think I like the best.  They didn’t overdue it with too much design or colours.  I wish they wore green gloves with this one though.

Jersey’s are important to me and I’m giving them a thumbs up.

The revised rink logo with the photoshopped white sleeves looks really sharp to me.  I like the actual version less but perhaps as an entire outfit they can make it work.

I'm also one of the few who has always liked the Orca.  Powerful symbol for the area and a native inspired design all works in my books. Glad the wordmarks is gone.

And as for the old skate retro jerseys - they didnt mess with a good thing.

• Upvote 2

@Boone Jenner wasn't calling you stupid. Calling out the Aqualinni's as STUPID for not even considering doing a Johnny Canuck third jersey. It would sell like hot cakes if they ever did one. In my USA travels when I have gone to watch the Canucks on the road like Las Vegas especially, I have had so many fellow stranger hockey fans come up to me and ask me 'hey, what team is that? It is an awesome logo"! I tell them it is ours proudly. An alternate logo. They tell me to tell our owners to put it on a jersey and they would even buy it. So I don't comprehend the hate on for the logo at all?!?!? A lot of hockey fans out there have never even seen it but once they do they really like it. The team had a perfect opportunity for their 50th anniversary to make a splash in the water and introduce a Johnny Canuck alternate third jersey. They could draft their newest player and have him put a Johnny Canuck new jersey on him at the draft. It would be witnessed buy millions of fellow hockey fans watching on TV as well as to us fans that are gonna be in the arena(Me I am going to the draft) It would have been a perfect marketing opportunity for the team yet the owners remain clueless on this.

D8XHcneUwAAYc3H.jpg

cut.jpg

canucks-horvat-johnny-canuck.png

hqdefault (1).jpg

@CanuckGAME in my USA travels especially when I have gone the last 2 years to watch the Canucks play the Golden Knights in Las Vegas I have proudly worn the green Johnny Canuck jersey and have had nothing but positive feedback from stranger hockey fans. They really dig the logo and have told me tell your team to throw it on a jersey. They would buy it. Aquaman is making a big marketing mistake not even doing one of them as an alternate third jersey. As well do you fellow canuck fans recall that news story last year about the kids lacrosse team that had Johnny Canuck jerseys made up for them? The Canucks were pissed off about it so much threatening a lawsuit and wanted the jerseys destroyed and/or handed over to them. Why would they fuss so much about a kids lacrosse team donning a Johnny Canuck design logo and now not decide to even consider doing one all together for their 50th anniversary? Most of us fans would have thought the team was finally gonna consider doing a new Johnny Canuck jersey for their 50th year? Yet they get anal over a kids lacrosse team using their logo? Go figure?

canucks_johnny_canuck.png

original (1).jpg

1 hour ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@Boone Jenner wasn't calling you stupid. Calling out the Aqualinni's as STUPID for not even considering doing a Johnny Canuck third jersey. It would sell like hot cakes if they ever did one. In my USA travels when I have gone to watch the Canucks on the road like Las Vegas especially, I have had so many fellow stranger hockey fans come up to me and ask me 'hey, what team is that? It is an awesome logo"! I tell them it is ours proudly. An alternate logo. They tell me to tell our owners to put it on a jersey and they would even buy it. So I don't comprehend the hate on for the logo at all?!?!? A lot of hockey fans out there have never even seen it but once they do they really like it. The team had a perfect opportunity for their 50th anniversary to make a splash in the water and introduce a Johnny Canuck alternate third jersey. They could draft their newest player and have him put a Johnny Canuck new jersey on him at the draft. It would be witnessed buy millions of fellow hockey fans watching on TV as well as to us fans that are gonna be in the arena(Me I am going to the draft) It would have been a perfect marketing opportunity for the team yet the owners remain clueless on this.

D8XHcneUwAAYc3H.jpg

cut.jpg

canucks-horvat-johnny-canuck.png

hqdefault (1).jpg

Jeebus is that Salo in the bottom pic? He looks like hes 80. 

Nicest jersey is the black skate one.  Why on Earth is the logo so low in the body?  Should be centred in the top third of the chest not in the middle of it...will make all of he payers look like they have bellies, instead of their chests sticking out ... strange.  They don’t look all that different either aside from that and no Vancouver, was hoping for more of a change.   Still can’t wait to see us in Black again, that will be awesome.

• Upvote 2

On 6/13/2019 at 11:59 AM, Gäz said:

I mean, that is pretty reflective of Van. :lol:

Agree 100%. I don't know who's idea it was to try to "modernize" the stick-in-rink, but they should be fired; it was terrible the first time they did it and it's terrible now. Just use the bloody original, like a normal team. How such an organization can make such blunders like this is baffling to me.

I love this team with all my heart, but... Their design department seriously needs an intervention of some kind.

It’s sad that we have a great original stick-in-rink jersey yet the organization/marketing spends millions on a “modernized” look which looks awful compared to the classic that they already have. Not my money but could be used in other ways to improve the team.  

• Cheers 1

I think one of the reasons why so many fans dislike the Orca is because of how much they love the skate. When you have such an awesome jersey already and then an owner comes in and changes it to suit the company name, it doesn't sit well. After seeing the newest skate jersey I am definitely reminded how much I love it and wish it never changed in the first place and remained our primary. Those white and black skates looks so sweet, and I'll be buying a black one for sure this year. The question is who do I get on it?

Having said this, I'm glad they removed Vancouver from the front, and I'm sure all of them will look so much better once on our guys.

I still think the new SiR looks like a clock that is stuck at 10:14. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I think one of the reasons why so many fans dislike the Orca is because of how much they love the skate. When you have such an awesome jersey already and then an owner comes in and changes it to suit the company name, it doesn't sit well. After seeing the newest skate jersey I am definitely reminded how much I love it and wish it never changed in the first place and remained our primary. Those white and black skates looks so sweet, and I'll be buying a black one for sure this year. The question is who do I get on it?

Having said this, I'm glad they removed Vancouver from the front, and I'm sure all of them will look so much better once on our guys.

I still think the new SiR looks like a clock that is stuck at 10:14. 

Horvat would be an easy choice.  Man he’s going to rock that look.  Yes me too, when I saw the skate again I was flooded with good feelings.  Used to idolize some of the players that wore it, loved most of them.   Sure it didn’t relate to the name or the city, but that’s not unusual, but it definitely became synonymous with the teams identity.  I’m used to the new ones, but still prefer the old ones and can’t wait to see them all wearing black again. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I really like this jersey. I wish it was our main one lol.

I can't wait to see this jersey with the macthing pants and socks.  The jersey on it's own is pretty cool, but I bet the total uniform will be outstanding.  

• Upvote 1