The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 hours ago, goog16 said:

the 3rd is ok it just needs a green collar and some white stripes added...

jersey.png

Although I do like this, and many others have suggested the same, I think it loses its ‘heritage’ look. Makes it look too modern.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Don Taylor, who knows a lot more about sports logos and uniforms than most people, is 1000% on the mark. So is the Moj. As a Generation Xer, I have far more respect for highly knowledgeable "old farts" like Don, the Moj and David Pratt than I do for arrogant, dismissive, disrespecting, self-entitlist Millennials who think they know more but don't know bugger-all.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:52 PM, bishopshodan said:

That's not what got me grumpy. They can dislike the new sweaters all they want, thier opinion.

Stating like a fact that everyone wants Johnny Canuck as a logo is what got under my skin. That's not the case at all, most CDC polls have the Orca killing JC in popularity. 

Outside of CDC, the Orca always gets killed in other polls.

I'm 45. I don't hate other generations though, that's weak. 

I know more about style that Don or the Moj by a mile, would not take advice form them on anything fashionable/ visual ...and come on man did you say....Pratt?

They know more about sports than me for sure....well again, not sure about Pratt.

The Poll you showed didn't have JC, thank god. but that is who I was talking about. 

Plus I only respect CDC, fan site polls anyway.

FTR, I'm a skate logo guy all day long, love the black ....but will not support any major changes to the primary. Ocra is a killer logo and has been around for a long time now. Enough of the changes. too many in our history.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Now that jersey is a winner. 

Now I would buy one. 

Missed opportunity by the design team. 

One of my favourite jerseys when I was a kid was the Hartford Whalers (kinda strange I know lol) and that redesigned jersey with the white stripes kinda reminds me of that... which is a good thing! :) 

Man I wish the Canucks would take a look at that image and just make those couple tweaks. Of course they won’t, no large company would, but my goodness those extra couple of white lines makes a big difference.  

BDF6B6CF-C39A-42B4-809C-F39C667B7893.jpeg

AC01CEF3-FE80-4E2E-A89A-27A1B80EDEAA.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 1:22 AM, Crabcakes said:

64455431_295646371319018_4833018237379674112_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_zor=9&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=c824ee869e13f5aa0de1149b25297d07&oe=5D7B6022

For me this shot puts it in better perspective.  The jersey's are all fine.  I don't care for the striping on the alternate but the rest is ok and I'm glad it doesn't say Vancouver any more

Here is the same with the 50th patch on them.  I like them. Getting used to the SiR too, as it does look old school in contrast to the other 2 designs. 

Vanbase_-_Collection_Page_Banner_-_900_x

• Thanks 1

Like the home / away jersey. Love the 3rd jerseys logo but hate blue green touching. IMO blue and green should never touch Plus it needs more white on the jersey.

home B+

away A

3rd D

3rd logo A+

skate B

blue green touching on 3rd jersey plz fire designer he screwed up big time. I hate it.

14 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Fin can stay but the constipated and corporate orca needs to be harpooned.

1000% agree. 

It's Vancouver Canucks.

Not  Vancouver Orcas.

Not Vancouver Orcanucks.

Don Taylor, who knows a lot more about sports logos and uniforms than most people, is 1000% on the mark. So is the Moj. As a Generation Xer, I have far more respect for highly knowledgeable "old farts" like Don, the Moj and David Pratt than I do for arrogant, dismissive, disrespecting, self-entitlist Millennials who think they know more but don't know bugger-all.

Screenshot_20190615-093058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190615-093036_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190615-093848_Samsung Internet.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=8851895

This "its CANUCKS not ORCAS" Argument had been old.

It's not getting old.  Its been old.

This forum is a pretty good indicator of how the fans feel and the Orca is overwhelmingly the favorite logo.  No one besides a small small group of OLD FOGGIES. Want the logo to change.

And NO ONE besides maybe 2 or 3 people on this forum want a ****ing CARTOON LUMBERJACK on our Crest.

It doesnt matter what happens. No one will ever be happy. So just stick with what we have,  which is a great Jersey.

If we switched to JC most people would be furious.  If we stay with the orca only you small group of guys will care.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, YearoftheNuck said:

One of my favourite jerseys when I was a kid was the Hartford Whalers (kinda strange I know lol) and that redesigned jersey with the white stripes kinda reminds me of that... which is a good thing! :) 

Man I wish the Canucks would take a look at that image and just make those couple tweaks. Of course they won’t, no large company would, but my goodness those extra couple of white lines makes a big difference. imageproxy.php?img=&key=bb5d22b764914745 

BDF6B6CF-C39A-42B4-809C-F39C667B7893.jpeg

AC01CEF3-FE80-4E2E-A89A-27A1B80EDEAA.jpeg

Loved the Whalers jerseys too, still have the navy blue one from when I was 12 even though it no longer fits me 

15 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

That's because the polls include non-Canucks fans (TSN, Sportsnet, etc) and call-in shows where the chronic complainers dwell.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

It's Vancouver Canucks.

Not  Vancouver Orcas Stick in Rinks or Vancouver Johnny Canucks.

Not Vancouver Orcanucks Stickinrinkanucks.

Works each way. That's the problem with leaning towards the ridiculous excuses. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, CanuckGAME said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8851895

This forum is a pretty good indicator of how the fans feel and the Orca is overwhelmingly the favorite logo.  No one besides a small small group of OLD FOGGIES. Want the logo to change.

And NO ONE besides maybe 2 or 3 people on this forum want a ****ing CARTOON LUMBERJACK on our Crest.

It doesnt matter what happens. No one will ever be happy. So just stick with what we have,  which is a great Jersey.

If we switched to JC most people would be furious.  If we stay with the orca only you small group of guys will care.

It's guys like you, buddy, that make Canucks fans look bad. 

Later dude.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, CanuckGAME said:

You do have to give him credit though. For more than 12 years, ever since Aquilini first announced a uni change, Tiger has been tirelessly lobbying for the JC logo while dragging out any and every lame excuse he can make up to dismiss the Orca logo. In uniform thread after to uniform thread without fail. Despite a new rendition of uni's just being revealed, sans JC as even a shoulder patch on the alt, he's still pissing into the wind believing his piss will suddenly change the reality just unveiled, or make a difference on the next update a decade down the road. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Tiger-Hearted said:

Same with you, buddy.

Actually my version is simple logic. The Stick in Rink is no more the image of a Canuck than the Orca is. Either both are legitimate by forming a C or neither is for not being the image of a Canuck. Reality.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Same with you, buddy.

Tiger, are (like me) drawn to the old stick in rink because it’s nostalgic for us?  I’m not too sure about the Running Johnny Canuck.  I do think the Canucks better do something to catch the interest of the young fans though.  The Orca scoring low is very shocking.  

Btw.  I really like your tiger picture.  The bigger the cat the better!  :)

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1